54 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Huh, I just checked my copy and you are right. It is so minor that I doubt it will make much of a difference in a rigid construction.

It's a shame such a thing occurs not only on some but on all pins. I hope Lego will do something very soon with this quality issue, let alone the colour problem.

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Maybe, but when I attached the side panels there's an ugly gap between the vertical 9L beam and the panels.

In this case, I would orient the pins so the bends cancel out. Not the quality I expect from LEGO, but also not the end of the world.

3 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

In this case, I would orient the pins so the bends cancel out. Not the quality I expect from LEGO, but also not the end of the world.

Yes. I had to rebuild the whole thing from the start, and I alternated the pins so that the bends cancel out. It's pretty annoying.

Perhaps @kbalage can make a video about this phenomenon.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Yes. I had to rebuild the whole thing from the start, and I alternated the pins so that the bends cancel out. It's pretty annoying.

Perhaps @kbalage can make a video about this phenomenon.

Interesting. Maybe it's a design choice to increase friction as the majority of the people won't care about pin orientation and use them randomly? :) 

1 hour ago, kbalage said:

it's a design choice to increase friction

The only thing that has increased so far for my is my frustration.

2 hours ago, astyanax said:

Today I learned: that part 15406 exists. Looks like it could be useful in Technic builds. Anyone ever found a cool use for it?

85x85p.jpg

I only used it in ldd. May buy some.

I didn't knew that it is expensive. I see, that I bought some 10 from bricklink some time ago. Don't remember, that it was expensive that time.

Not rare or expensive, has appeared also in black in dozens of sets, though LBG is the most common colour. The last use in black was 5 years ago though, with Xerion.

Wow, the Xerion is 5 years old already? I keep telling myself that I will get it next year, didn’t realize it came out that long ago.

Edited by TechnicRCRacer

It is about black version, which really has higher price than LBG. rebrickable is telling, that f.i. lbg average price is 0.34EUR, but for black it is 5.34EUR. OK, on bricklink there are different sellers.

Yes, the black one is more expensive than the LBG one, but not by that much unless you want hundreds of them or live in a place where most BL stores won't deliver.

2 hours ago, howitzer said:

Not rare or expensive, has appeared also in black in dozens of sets, though LBG is the most common colour. The last use in black was 5 years ago though, with Xerion.

I only order domestically. There are 32 for sale in the Netherlands, all costing over €1 each plus shipping costs. The majority of sellers only have one or two in stock. So yes, I consider them rare and expensive.

1€ for ONE black connector? Damn. I am glad I don't have to buy from Bricklink or Bricks&Pieces for 95% of my bricks.

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

I only order domestically. There are 32 for sale in the Netherlands, all costing over €1 each plus shipping costs. The majority of sellers only have one or two in stock. So yes, I consider them rare and expensive.

Limiting yourself to shops in your country surely limits your options and increases prices a lot but yeah, most sellers don't seem to have many in stock. But then, how many would you need anyway? It's not a super-useful part and unless you're building something that's both repeated a lot (like I can imagine could happen for example with GBC:s) and needs this particular part, I don't think buying them is going to make anyone go broke.

1 hour ago, howitzer said:

But then, how many would you need anyway?

Well, I used about 40 (out of 50-some I have in total) of them this year. A lot of them are used for @Gray Gear’s MOCs but also for a couple other builds. 

2 hours ago, howitzer said:

But then, how many would you need anyway? It's not a super-useful part

I disagree. It is a very useful part imo, and I like it a lot.

@LvdH Sorry m8, and the 180SX will have 9 I think :innocent:

21 hours ago, LvdH said:

Well, I used about 40 (out of 50-some I have in total) of them this year. A lot of them are used for @Gray Gear’s MOCs but also for a couple other builds. 

18 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

I disagree. It is a very useful part imo, and I like it a lot.

@LvdH Sorry m8, and the 180SX will have 9 I think :innocent:

So getting 9 of them would set you back maybe 10€. Not an insignificant amount of money, but then you'll have 9 of them which are practically infinitely reusable, and considering how expensive this hobby can get it doesn't seem like a big deal. And most of the time you could use the LBG one anyway, which I admit is much cheaper at maybe one tenth of the price of the black one.

@howitzer yeah those few bricks alone arn't going to break the bank. But suspect there are a lot more small bricks like this that shouldn't be expensive but still are, so it is still nice to see it coming back.

15 minutes ago, howitzer said:

infinitely reusable

If you disassemble the model again, yes. But not everybody will do so, so buying more is required.

12 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

@howitzer yeah those few bricks alone arn't going to break the bank. But suspect there are a lot more small bricks like this that shouldn't be expensive but still are, so it is still nice to see it coming back.

If you disassemble the model again, yes. But not everybody will do so, so buying more is required.

Yeah, if you're going to buy new parts for each new MOC you make, that's going to get very expensive very fast, and in that case being able to get cheaper parts can make a huge difference.

58 minutes ago, howitzer said:

So getting 9 of them would set you back maybe 10€

Yeah, if there was someone selling 9 for that price. Like I said: most only have 1 or 2. That means you have to order from 4 or 5 stores just for one part, which means 4 times shipping and handling costs. 

3 hours ago, LvdH said:

Yeah, if there was someone selling 9 for that price. Like I said: most only have 1 or 2. That means you have to order from 4 or 5 stores just for one part, which means 4 times shipping and handling costs. 

https://store.bricklink.com/TGS_brick?sID=1146015&itemID=262359928#/shop?o={"invID":"262359928"}

Though not an option for you if you choose not to buy from elsewhere but your own country.

The planetary wheel hub was never available at Bricks & Pieces, but now for the first time I see it is!

85x85p.jpg

10 minutes ago, astyanax said:

The planetary wheel hub was never available at Bricks & Pieces, but now for the first time I see it is

I bought 4 from B&P in late 2019. Guess they went out of stock for a while.