5 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Possible new (recolored) pieces in the Raptor set

LBG 7x11 frame (in the bottom seen in designer pics)

To me it looked like white, but I could be wrong

19 hours ago, msk6003 said:

tire2.pngOk now this is strange. I want do same thing to 42124's tire but it is not in studio now.

There is a Part Designer addon for Studio available, so you can make them there. I used it for custom tires and cross-axle liftarmzs which will add here this evening. 

3 hours ago, 1gor said:

To me it looked like white, but I could be wrong

You’re right, I saw what I wanted to see.

7 hours ago, howitzer said:

Also the black mudguard extension.

Indeed

5 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

You’re right, I saw what I wanted to see.

That is why I plan MOCS that have color scheme in particular combination in order not to have color vomit, or as it is now 'popular to say' rainbow colors...

Even I saw black frame 5 x 11 (H shape) in black on Corvette; so probably orange is playing games with both of us :laugh:

1 hour ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Look to the left of the image, there’s a large magenta frame with some sort of grating in the middle.

This one is intended to be a baseplate to add your own electronics, such as a Raspberry Pi.

"The Maker Plate makes integrating your choice of single board computing devices fast and simple." (quoted from https://educatec.ch/shop/en/lego-education/spike-prime/3285/lego-education-spike-prime-expansion-set-new)

14 hours ago, Philo said:

This one is intended to be a baseplate to add your own electronics, such as a Raspberry Pi.

"The Maker Plate makes integrating your choice of single board computing devices fast and simple." (quoted from https://educatec.ch/shop/en/lego-education/spike-prime/3285/lego-education-spike-prime-expansion-set-new)

What?!?! This is a first for LEGO it seems. I can’t wait to see what people will build with it!

While opening the bag 3 of 42128, I've noticed that the same part has some variation :
640x912.JPG
I don't know what is the reason, as they come from the exact same set, and the exact same sub-bag

26 minutes ago, Touc4nx said:

While opening the bag 3 of 42128, I've noticed that the same part has some variation :

I don't know what is the reason, as they come from the exact same set, and the exact same sub-bag

Molds have to be replaced after certain amount of use, and that's a great opportunity for introducing improved design, in this case it appears that the slot was shortened for additional strength.

Edited by howitzer

So I can consider myself lucky to have both :laugh:
Seriously though, if the strength is improved, that's good, because these part are some of the rare parts that I sometimes broke.

23 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Molds have to be replaced after certain amount of use, and that's a great opportunity for introducing improved design, in this case it appears that the slot was shortened for additional strength.

Surely, with shorter slots there is more strenght, my question on this parts is always the same: why they don't completely remove the slots and make it thicker? Like this one http:// https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=32013#T=C but with axle hole...

Edited by mpj

5 minutes ago, mpj said:

Surely, with shorter slots there is more strenght, my question on this parts is always the same: why they don't completely remove the slots and make it thicker? Like this one http:// https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=32013#T=C but with axle hole...

Perhaps TLG doesn't want to change the usability of the part? For example, the 8-tooth gear fits next to 85x85p.jpg?1626703387.1205506 but not next to 85x85p.jpg?1626703310.6465607.

On the other hand, TLG doesn't seen to mind breaking usability, seeing as they are currently replacing lots of parts with bar-accepting pins to molds with squared pins... :pir-angry:

3 hours ago, astyanax said:

Perhaps TLG doesn't want to change the usability of the part? For example, the 8-tooth gear fits next to 85x85p.jpg?1626703387.1205506 but not next to 85x85p.jpg?1626703310.6465607.

On the other hand, TLG doesn't seen to mind breaking usability, seeing as they are currently replacing lots of parts with bar-accepting pins to molds with squared pins... :pir-angry:

Yep, allowing 8 and 24T gears to pass right next to a bushing is sometimes quite an important feature.

You're right about the squared pins though, that's really baffling as even official sets often take advantage of the pins that accept a bar, so why not have all pins that way (or at least those with no axle...)

Guys, does anyone found the part and mold number of the new 49.5 thin tires? I'm still hunting for them but they are not presented anywhere officially yet and will appear officially only since 1st August with T2 Camper set (10279 Creator Expert).

I really wish LEGO provided design numbers in the instructions rather than the annoying part/color code IDs. They are a pain to figure out the design ID which is easier to find online. I sometimes can’t even read the design ID on the part because it’s too small. 

11 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

I really wish LEGO provided design numbers in the instructions rather than the annoying part/color code IDs. They are a pain to figure out the design ID which is easier to find online. I sometimes can’t even read the design ID on the part because it’s too small. 

I think of you type the element ID in the Rebrickable search box, it brings you to the corresponding part.

This is interesting...

The biggest advantage I seem to see is that it doesn't seem to have "notches" along its length, meaning you could potentially fit liftarms or other parts with thickness 1/2 - 1 - 1 - 1/2 in an arrangement like that.

20 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Having built 42128, I can confirm that the part is shown like that in the instructions, but the part included in the box is the same age the original one.
Maybe a modified version will come later…

52 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

This is interesting...

The biggest advantage I seem to see is that it doesn't seem to have "notches" along its length, meaning you could potentially fit liftarms or other parts with thickness 1/2 - 1 - 1 - 1/2 in an arrangement like that.

The second biggest advantage of that it's not blue!

Also, I bet this will open up a lot of new possibilities for building stuff that can't be taken apart...

33 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

The second biggest advantage of that it's not blue!

Also, I bet this will open up a lot of new possibilities for building stuff that can't be taken apart...

Well, the more apt comparison would be the tan one, since this also seems to lack friction ridges. But yeah, a basic color like light bley is nice. I expect Lego felt like it didn't need vivid color coding as much since its shape seems less easy to confuse with other 3M or 2M pins.