1 hour ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Recently got this awesome prototype part in a trade (yes, it’s genuine LEGO):

I wonder what possibilities this would allow in building that we don’t already have. I only know of 2 in the world, this one in white and another in light gray. I want to post some more prototype Technic parts but this is the only one I own, but all the other prototypes are from other people.

Awesome.

Edited by SNIPE

I've sold my entire collection. While my pics aren't online anymore, I still got 'em :thumbup:

Matths' collection is also quite nice :pir-wub:

So, anyway, I bought a whole pile of Jeep tyres and decided to give them a spin on some other sets.

9393 Tractor Tyre Upgrade

Observations: Nice! LSW version for the rear wheels please, TLG! :thumbup:

Volvo Tyre Upgrade

Observations: Again - nice! They really fit the aesthetic of the EW160E.

Forest Machine Tyre Upgrade

Observations: Uhh. This model is such a visual fustercluck that the new tyres don't have much of an impact here. Oh well!

I did get a set for 8283 as well as some white hubs, but they just didn't work. The original balloony tyres form part of the telehandler's overall profile and the narrower versions didn't look right. Sorry for the lack of visuals here, but I couldn't be bothered to put them back on.

I just realized something.

this new extra long female CV joint could also be used to hold a 3L clutchr ring, but you can only have one clutch gear on that it can mesh with.

The new-ish male CV joints fit perfectly inside of linear actuator mounting brackets too.

24 minutes ago, Coolusername said:

They also work great on other city tractors.

It reminds me on WFTrac...

af300a543c912903c89849b006b145e2_800x600

@Maaboo35 EW160E is impressive with Jeep tires :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Yeah, it does. Think the tractor is my fave though. :laugh:

You should put Zetros tires at the rear asap

...9393 set...

Just now, 1gor said:

...9393 set...

Yeap! Because Xerion ones will appear too huge. Actually, 86mm (or how many??) tyres are also suit this set. 

12 minutes ago, 1gor said:

...9393 set...

Wouldn't fit. 9393 uses the 68.7x34R tyres, while the Zetros tyres match the 81.6x38R version.

Edited by Maaboo35

16 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Yeap! Because Xerion ones will appear too huge. Actually, 86mm (or how many??) tyres are also suit this set. 

Well Zetros tires are 81 x 35 (based on @Jim's review gorgeous pictures), so scalewize will be ok

15 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Wouldn't fit. 9393 uses the 68.7x34R tyres, while the Zetros tyres match the 81.6x38R version.

I suppose not enough space

1 minute ago, 1gor said:

Well Zetros tires are 81 x 35 (based on @Jim's review gorgeous pictures), so scalewize will be ok

Yep. Like the Jeep tyres, the Zetros versions are less wide than their balloon counterparts, so they take up less space.

11 hours ago, 1gor said:

Indeed!

15 hours ago, msk6003 said:

First 43x14, next 49.5x14, how about 37x14?(top right)

That was my thought too! It should work the best for kinds of supercars. But actually, it does not look so highly demanded - these tires(wide ones I mean) are mostly used for pullback sets where their size does not matter.

Meanwhile, the bigger tires are commonly used for trucks and cars where their authentic size is more important.

Does anyone know if the foil connector end of "Technic, Pin 1/2 with Foil Connector" (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=49731#T=C&C=1) can fit into a "hose, ribbed, 7mm" (https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=P&catString=522)?  If so how strong is the connection?

Alternately, is there another part that fits snugly into the ribbed hoses so that the hose doesn't slide off easily?

Edited by Hrafn

15 minutes ago, Hrafn said:

Does anyone know if the foil connector end of "Technic, Pin 1/2 with Foil Connector" (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=49731#T=C&C=1) can fit into a "hose, ribbed, 7mm" (https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=P&catString=522)?  If so how strong is the connection?

Alternately, is there another part that fits snugly into the ribbed hoses so that the hose doesn't slide off easily?

Don't have that part (curse LEGO's Forma sets for that), but from the Bricklink image, that "hat" on the end of the pin is larger in diameter than a ribbed hose, and would deform it if inserted. Do the normal pins not do it for your application? For me they fit quite snugly, and need some force to remove, cannot imagine a scenario where they slide off :look:

tire2.png

Ok now this is strange. I want do same thing to 42124's tire but it is not in studio now.

1 hour ago, syclone said:

Don't have that part (curse LEGO's Forma sets for that), but from the Bricklink image, that "hat" on the end of the pin is larger in diameter than a ribbed hose, and would deform it if inserted. Do the normal pins not do it for your application? For me they fit quite snugly, and need some force to remove, cannot imagine a scenario where they slide off :look:

Thanks @syclone!  In my application the hoses might sometimes be in tension so I wanted to see what options were out there.  Pins might suffice though.

Possible new (recolored) pieces in the Raptor set:

orange 2x3 panel (in the hood)

LBG 2x3 panel/liftarm (in the front bottom)

LBG 7x11 frame (in the bottom seen in designer pics)

orange 13x5x2 fenderpanel 

orange 3x11 curved panel (in the hood)

2 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Possible new (recolored) pieces in the Raptor set:

orange 2x3 panel (in the hood)

LBG 2x3 panel/liftarm (in the front bottom)

LBG 7x11 frame (in the bottom seen in designer pics)

orange 13x5x2 fenderpanel 

orange 3x11 curved panel (in the hood)

Also the black mudguard extension.