1 hour ago, astyanax said:

What's this? My hand full of red and black half-bushes

If you really want them, they're not hard to find... :pir-grin:

The picture is broken for me, and if by ‘not hard to find’ I guess you are referring to clone bricks. Real red half bushings are almost impossible to find, they are most likely mold tests and are usually destroyed.

1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

yes but since my link was only a fan made set, they are still discontinued in every color other than yellow and LBG. I could of course buy some from bricklink

And white, since July 1st :wink: 

12 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

The picture is broken for me, and if by ‘not hard to find’ I guess you are referring to clone bricks. Real red half bushings are almost impossible to find, they are most likely mold tests and are usually destroyed.

Indeed. I fixed the pic but let's not scroll back to the previous page. :innocent:

But to my own surprise, it turns out I'm quite purist at heart. The only 'clone' bricks I own are pins and connectors in black and red where those from TLG are lacking or ridiculously expensive to source. (Looking at you, 85x85p.jpg?1610892467.7719994 and 85x85p.jpg?1610892167.1801789!)

However I must admit I've never actually used my red half-bushes... Somehow I always manage to find a way not to use them, because I'd feel 'dirty' using them. Oh well, silly me... :blush:

The black 3749 really is an oddball. Only used in two space sets from the mid 80's and while they do look good on 6950 they're pointless on the 6871

And other places where they could be used like the four Futuron sets (uses light grey in all black/white/trans-blue vehilces) or modern trains (uses very ugly tan pins) they're not used in black

Luckily I scored loads of them years ago :kahuka:

Havent seen any mention here, so I'll break the news. There is a new without-friction version of the black 1L pin + 2L axle part, and that version appears in white in the new VW camper van.

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Havent seen any mention here, so I'll break the news. There is a new without-friction version of the black 1L pin + 2L axle part, and that version appears in white in the new VW camper van.

It was already mentioned a few pages back. I hope it pops into the hole firmly.

There is also a new mould of the lego pin with foil connector (used in FORMA sets) it is light green in the 10279 VW camper van and it connects to a 2x2 round tile with hole, but it has a different spacing to a 1L pin with stud, which should be interesting. Im not sure if it accepts a bar, but there is a tiny indent at the end.

6301284.png

It is also shown here:

EDIT Actually, it's a pin with an anti stud,and its connected to a 2x2 tile round with center stud.

The spacer that is embedded inbetween the pin and the anti stud looks to be either 1 plate, or 0/5L thick.

Edited by SNIPE

4 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

It was already mentioned a few pages back. I hope it pops into the hole firmly.

So I've already acquired a bunch of them from B&P out of curiosity. The snap is decent enough. Unfortunately though, unlike the black counterpart, this one does NOT accept a bar.

250x250p.jpg

7 minutes ago, astyanax said:

So I've already acquired a bunch of them from B&P out of curiosity. The snap is decent enough. Unfortunately though, unlike the black counterpart, this one does NOT accept a bar.

250x250p.jpg

Oh then this part is almost useless, the only good thing about it is, unlike a 3L axle with stop, you cannot push it in, where as you can with an axle, so the stopper might get caught on something.

The removal of the bar hole is retarded and ANTI LEGO

24 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

Oh then this part is almost useless, the only good thing about it is, unlike a 3L axle with stop, you cannot push it in, where as you can with an axle, so the stopper might get caught on something.

The removal of the bar hole is retarded and ANTI LEGO

Personally, I would rather lose the bar hole than have my pins break whenever accidentally stepped on/bent/twisted.

I would very much like to have a few dozen of these for all my new 8 wide Speed Champions vehicles. The tan ones that come with the sets pull out of the axle holes way to easy, so much so that the wheels often come off when drifting.

So I, at least don't consider them to be almost useless.

Edited by Johnny1360

12 hours ago, astyanax said:

250x250p.jpg

Sorry for a stupid question, does it really rotates freely, like a tan 2L axle-pin frictionless part?

I do not know for sure, only going by what I read above. To me that is what is meant by frictionless.

Edited by Johnny1360

4 minutes ago, Void_S said:

Sorry for a stupid question, does it really rotates freely, like a tan 2L axle-pin frictionless part?

Obviously, why else would they design and use a new version on the wheels.

1 hour ago, Void_S said:

Exactly.

I don't think Technic really needed this part, given the 3L axle with stop. Sure we'll see it popping up here and there. But what I expect is that this white pin is going to be useful for making small moving mechanisms in System sets easy to build for young children.

35 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Set 71389 (Mario theme) will bring the 15L beam in Dark Azure for the first time.

6361667.jpg

Finially we can make perfect dark azure 41999

2 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Finially we can make perfect dark azure 41999

I did that 3 years ago and I immediately regretted the decision after finishing the build...

20190802_021741

20 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I did that 3 years ago and I immediately regretted the decision after finishing the build...

Why? That looks very cool! I made medium blue color.(42066 color)

1 minute ago, msk6003 said:

Why? That looks very cool! I made medium blue color.(42066 color)

Azure made it look like a kid's toy, while it was supposed to be cool and strong

7 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Azure made it look like a kid's toy, while it was supposed to be cool and strong

I think not. That looks very cool and strong. Like I said before I have medium blue version(only top) but now I considering remake with dark azure. Combination of this shell and batmobile tire will be most great car ever. I hope we can make blue version soon.

Edited by msk6003

Recently got this awesome prototype part in a trade (yes, it’s genuine LEGO):

Amazing prototype Technic beam!

I wonder what possibilities this would allow in building that we don’t already have. I only know of 2 in the world, this one in white and another in light gray. I want to post some more prototype Technic parts but this is the only one I own, but all the other prototypes are from other people.

Edited by TechnicRCRacer
fixed image size b/c wasn't able to change earlier

12 minutes ago, 1974 said:

That used to mine, I think :wink:

Yes, the person I got it from said most of his prototypes are from you. I’ve seen only a small portion of your collection, it must be amazing!