55 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

It’s still great that we get a long frictionless ball connector

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to getting some of the new CVs on B&P

Edited by Bartybum

250x250p.jpg

It's been a year since the big 'elbow' (part 65473) was introduced. Has anyone had or seen a good use of this part in a Technic MOC?

Do you even see a good/creative potential use for it in Technic at all?

I don't wanna say bullsh*t, but isn't the CAT's blacked-out picture suggests one (or two) as exhaust pipe(s)?

1 minute ago, Jockos said:

I don't wanna say bullsh*t, but isn't the CAT's blacked-out picture suggests one (or two) as exhaust pipe(s)?

But it looks to fat (2 studs diameter)...anyway it is possible

They completely messed up the dimensions of that big elbow piece. It's completely useless. 

I don’t think it was designed to be used in Technic. For example the new large yellow Technic hoop was reportedly developed by the Friends team. I can see this being used in a few cases like large exhaust or thick pipes. 

Looks like it has same diameter with rotary catch but I can't find any useful way in technic except exhause pipe.

Thanks guys, you seem to be confirming what I thought. Yes an exhaust pipe seems obvious but it would be a huge one, given the typical scale of Technic MOCs. Maybe for a 1:6 scale model haha!

1 hour ago, astyanax said:

Thanks guys, you seem to be confirming what I thought. Yes an exhaust pipe seems obvious but it would be a huge one, given the typical scale of Technic MOCs. Maybe for a 1:6 scale model haha!

Don't underestimate ricers xD

5Xm5ftF.jpeg

Just now, astyanax said:

Ah now I finally know what to do with those Belville buckets! :pir-huzzah1:

Indeed, reminded me of my dream set as a kid: Nitro Menace from 2005 Racers line :wub: Seen a bit too much "Fast&Furious" and "Pimp my Ride" :snicker:

LE---Lego-Racers-8649---Nitro-Menace-e.j

Shame they weren't chromed there, though I'd say the set is pretty much the official ricer/"sex-spec" build :laugh:(along with the other two in the series)

Ooooh thanks for the tip! Now I wanna build it... I don't own this set but it seems I have all the relevant parts in my collection, including chromed buckets... :pir-grin:

Yeah unfortunetley those 2x2 elcows are slightly smaller in diameter than 2x2L , the only part I could find in black which looks good was the small slick tires 50945  and 30028. I used them to make straight pipes which connect to the elbows, but it was a scale building MOC not a technic MOC

About these new beams with alternating holes: They've been on a wishlist for a long time, and now that they're here, I'm wondering if they will become really common in the future, replacing significant chunk of the normal beams as structural components?

In 2015 the pin with pinhole part was released and its usefulness was recognized immediately so today those are everywhere. So I'm guessing something similar will happen with the new beams.

6 minutes ago, howitzer said:

About these new beams with alternating holes: They've been on a wishlist for a long time, and now that they're here, I'm wondering if they will become really common in the future, replacing significant chunk of the normal beams as structural components?

Yup, I think they will become very common. Replacing the regular liftarms when possible...not sure. Depends on the costs probably.

10 hours ago, syclone said:

Don't underestimate ricers xD

Yeah, Bosuzoku culture did translate well into the Racers theme. Some of the cars had some cool technical solutions, like the rear-mounted steering control in the Nitro Muscle.

8146_prod.jpg

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Yup, I think they will become very common. Replacing the regular liftarms when possible...not sure. Depends on the costs probably.

No point in replacing common liftarms if the alternating holes are not used. Also, they're bound to be more costly to produce simply because they're new and in so few sets

But that might change, afterall liftarms are cheaper to make than proper bricks :wink:

21 minutes ago, 1974 said:

No point in replacing common liftarms if the alternating holes are not used. Also, they're bound to be more costly to produce simply because they're new and in so few sets

But that might change, afterall liftarms are cheaper to make than proper bricks :wink:

Of course the alternating holes liftarms won't be used where the usual liftarms are sufficient, but they allow so much more versatile connections that I'm sure the designs will evolve to direction where alternating holes aren't just a nice bonus but more like a necessity. Much like the pin with pinhole part is not at all necessary to build proper studless Technic, but once it became available, it offered so many useful connections that it's really common now.

Sure, and we are probably going to see every liftarm produced with alternating holes (if the geometry allows). It's just a natural progression of this whole idea

But first, these parts are going to turn up in odd colours and weird sets so we have something to complain about :laugh:

1 hour ago, howitzer said:

In 2015 the pin with pinhole part was released and its usefulness was recognized immediately so today those are everywhere.

Pin with pinhole is nice and all, but where's my axle with axlehole?!

I'd say they're already in use, only TLG has just arrived to the party :pir-huzzah1:

Actualy came across a few instances these would be useful, specially if they were available in even length as well. But first I need more thin liftarms with and without axle holes! The current selection is quite limited in comparison to the full liftarms.

17 minutes ago, 1974 said:

Sure, and we are probably going to see every liftarm produced with alternating holes (if the geometry allows). It's just a natural progression of this whole idea

But first, these parts are going to turn up in odd colours and weird sets so we have something to complain about :laugh:

I don't think colours are very big problem here, as I see the alternating hole liftarms mainly as structural part and not that useful for exteriors. Same as 5x7 frames etc.

12 minutes ago, astyanax said:

I'd also settle for a pin with axle hole. But whichever, we're sorely missing this kind of part...

15 minutes ago, syclone said:

I'd say they're already in use, only TLG has just arrived to the party :pir-huzzah1:

Actualy came across a few instances these would be useful, specially if they were available in even length as well. But first I need more thin liftarms with and without axle holes! The current selection is quite limited in comparison to the full liftarms.

There has been numerous times when I could have solved a structural problem easily with an alternating holes liftarm, especially 5L would've been useful many times. But yeah, more thin liftarms and other parts for making 0,5 stud offsets would really enhance building options too.

52 minutes ago, astyanax said:

This:

4144290.jpg

?

I sometimes wish I had the "inverse" of this part:

image.png.cbae7ab34bed303b497205623b0c644e.png, e.g. two pinhole and one axle hole in the middle.

Edited by anyUser

I still wating 1x3 alternating pinhole liftarm for compact virtual pivot steering...

Or

2 hours ago, anyUser said:

image.png.cbae7ab34bed303b497205623b0c644e.png, e.g. two pinhole and one axle hole in the middle.

This can use for that purpose.

Just now, msk6003 said:

I still wating 1x3 alternating pinhole liftarm for compact virtual pivot steering...

I want this too so I can make a more compact suspension, this would be perfect! I can’t use the regular axle hole version for this purpose.