9 hours ago, astyanax said:

Just found out that BrickLink has an entry for a 1L axle with stud. No-one is selling any though. Does anyone know anything more about this part?

There was discussion on this part a few years ago and people deemed it as a photoshop. Nobody is sure why it is added to the BrickLink catalog.

Edited by TechnicRCRacer
Removed the quoted image

I didn't see the older discussion, but I suppose the only other real possibility is that it is an old prototype.

36 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I didn't see the older discussion, but I suppose the only other real possibility is that it is an old prototype.

Personally, I think the probability of this part existing is almost zero. It's fundamentally flawed in design. The cutouts in the back used for pulling it out of the part would be useless in a 1L axle because there is no side to pull it from. Also, there is no stopper between the axle and the stud which would lead to it getting jammed in pinholes. Most Technic parts have hollow studs, and the logo on this stud is crooked which may or may not affect its legitimacy.

more to the point though, what would you use it for? It serves no purpose I can see

51 minutes ago, bonox said:

what would you use it for

It could have similar purpose as this

250x250p.jpg?1610893277.5537777

Put it in some axlehole, and You can put some system part on it.

7 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Personally, I think the probability of this part existing is almost zero. It's fundamentally flawed in design. The cutouts in the back used for pulling it out of the part would be useless in a 1L axle because there is no side to pull it from. Also, there is no stopper between the axle and the stud which would lead to it getting jammed in pinholes. Most Technic parts have hollow studs, and the logo on this stud is crooked which may or may not affect its legitimacy.

Good points. I agree it even looks questionable as a prototype. I guess there just hasn't (yet) been a strong need to produce 85x85p.jpg in new lengths.

@User5346 Those already exist, just put 1 or 2 headlight bricks on their side... :grin: (yes I know about the ridge that'll stick out!)

Anyhow, I think this thread is supposed to be focused on Technic-relevant parts. :pir-sweet:

1 hour ago, Touc4nx said:

In the new Mario sets, there is 62462 in tan (set 71391)

The non-slotted version already existed in Tan. Only $2 a piece on BrickLink... :pir-murder:

85x85p.png?1610892106.5178282

4 hours ago, Jurss said:

It could have similar purpose as this

250x250p.jpg?1610893277.5537777

Put it in some axlehole, and You can put some system part on it.

I get the theory, but the (fake) photo shows a stud too big to do that - it's the diameter of the stop ring, not the stud.

And I don't need any fingers to count the places where that would be the only solution

5x5 sprocket is light bluish gray in this set:

AABBCC.png

source - lego con, jun 26 2021

This photo shows the T shaped liftarm in orange.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=60484&idColor=11#T=C&C=4

However, there's no orange set containing the part

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=60484&in=S

Hmmm now that I am typing this, that probably means Osprey. Can anyone confirm that? My set is stored at my parents home for the time being.

15 minutes ago, Jim said:

Hmmm now that I am typing this, that probably means Osprey. Can anyone confirm that? My set is stored at my parents home for the time being.

The only seller that sells that part told me he managed to buy the parts from some disassembled Osprey set. His shop only sells Osprey-exclusive panels along with some other rare parts. I know because I bought a rare panel from his shop.

On an unrelated note, when I emailed him to ask about the origins of his parts, he recognized me as the person that scanned the Osprey instruction. :blush:

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

6 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The only seller that sells that part told me he managed to buy the parts from some disassembled Osprey set. His shop only sells Osprey-exclusive panels along with some other rare parts. I know because I bought a rare panel from his shop.

Thanks! Well, this particular part might not be so rare anymore in the near future :innocent:

6 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

On an unrelated note, when I emailed him to ask about the origins of his parts, he recognized me as the person that scanned the Osprey instruction. :blush:

Nice!

5 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

The tow truck uses orange T pieces. 

I know. Hence my question :tongue::laugh:

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

So you already opened the mysterious package :) 

5 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

So you already opened the mysterious package :) 

Which package :innocent: :wink:

51 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

The tow truck uses orange T pieces. 

Yes, you can see it where side stabilizers are...

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I bet that someone was researching information for the interesting parts or parts in new color section :tongue:

On 6/27/2021 at 8:26 PM, Jim said:

This photo shows the T shaped liftarm in orange.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=60484&idColor=11#T=C&C=4

However, there's no orange set containing the part

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=60484&in=S

Yes, they were available from bricks and pieces for a short while after the Osprey was canceled,  I was able to get them and other Osprey exclusive parts.

I don't know if this belongs here, but CADA also makes the battery box with remote, and that's fine, so this should be as well.

Recently, I was watching a video by Brickmeet, a Youtuber who reviews military models made by Cobi and other manufacturers. He was featuring a remote control model of a Tiger tank made by CADA, and the model included a part I could not identify at first, but turned out to be a motor.

Now, this is very interesting, as it is 2 studs wide, by 4 studs long, making it very attractive for builders of compact models. And, unlike Circuit Cubes, the motor uses a standard PF connector, meaning that you can use it with any PF power source.

Now, I haven't been able to find where to buy this, but this could be a great find for our community.

42 minutes ago, Saberwing40k said:

I don't know if this belongs here, but CADA also makes the battery box with remote, and that's fine, so this should be as well.

Recently, I was watching a video by Brickmeet, a Youtuber who reviews military models made by Cobi and other manufacturers. He was featuring a remote control model of a Tiger tank made by CADA, and the model included a part I could not identify at first, but turned out to be a motor.

Now, this is very interesting, as it is 2 studs wide, by 4 studs long, making it very attractive for builders of compact models. And, unlike Circuit Cubes, the motor uses a standard PF connector, meaning that you can use it with any PF power source., I haven't been able to find where to buy this, but this could be a great find for our community.

They're only available in sets unfortunately. Some german reseller websites did offer separate CaDA electrics, but haven't seen the micromotor around anywhere.

Apart from the tank, they also included it in their new version of Takumi's AE86 from Initial D (licenced with both Toyota and mangaka), in which there's also some sort of micro LEDs.

This report by BrickElectronic here has tested it back in april (pdf file, scroll down to CaDA section) link

Overall, PF seems to be geting livelier and livelier)))

Edited by syclone

Honestly, there usually is not a day that goes by where I need a proper 1x1 liftam thin, if such a part existed I would be a happy man because I could have more part combinations on a 3L pin (for example) without having to replace the pin with a3L axle and using s half bush, or using a 3L pin with a minifig utensil ring, which only works if theres also a stop on  pin or axle because the stop + 1 plate thick minifig utensil ring = 0.5L.