@TechnicRCRacer I dont think so. The only other modern panels in dark green I could find on bricklink were 62531 and 64782. I doubt anyone could make a good supercar with just these few.

And 99$ for THAT?! Hell nah!

3 hours ago, Bartybum said:

I would assume they're dark green, since they're not as black as the bowl, and birds of paradise have green leaves.

Edit: I found another picture from some other website easily found through Google. They're definitely dark green

*snip*

Now the question is: which one of the leaves will be the dark green one :laugh: 

image.png.cb58058f778497e8f4aac33afd8c685c.png

Edited by syclone

7 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

@TechnicRCRacer I dont think so. The only other modern panels in dark green I could find on bricklink were 62531 and 64782. I doubt anyone could make a good supercar with just these few.

And 99$ for THAT?! Hell nah!

Don’t forget the two other new dark green panels from the Mobile Kid boat set: the 3x13 curved panel and the 3x7 curved panel.

You’ll still be missing almost every connector type and every soft axle, so there is still not nearly enough to build a supercar. 

Apparently people don't believe it can be done, but I think with these limited parts (and the new panels coming in the flower set), someone could totally make a decent sized car. I have many of the older dark green parts, but maybe I will pick up the new ones off B&P later. Maybe a combination of dark green/black would look nicest.

Uwe Wabra designed a supercar almost only from those panels. Maybe someone can try a two-tone (dark green and black or white) 8070.

8070-1.jpg?201012210155

Well, this is Uwe Wabra we're talking about here... And we don't have nearly as many flex axles in Dark Green. AND lots of people think flex axles heresy...

Personally I'd like to see more dark blue panels/connectors from the Bugatti. I think that colour is a nice break from that brighter colours without having to go all black... It looks pretty good with the gold sian wheels too.

On a seperate note I received my replacements recently for these new pieces and they were still no good...

Replacements are the middle. The right is the left overs from my original order (I've managed to use some where the axle hole wasn't used) Left is to show the can get this right normally haha. I sent the photo back to customer service, they were quite apologetic and added some vip points to my account to make up for it all. The parts might not be any good but I can't fault the customer service.

IMG-5381.jpg

Yeah I kind of pity the customer service employees. It isn't threir fault problems like this exist, and they couldn't even send you good replacemts if they wanted to because it looks like all the bricks of this type are bad. Same situation as with the Sian green.

Too bad the Managers up top that decided to decrease quality to increase profit even further will never be bothered by the customer complaints.

Edited by Gray Gear

8 minutes ago, RussianGuy said:

Is there any difference in strength between yellow and red hard shock absorbers?

I heard rumors that the red shocks were slightly harder than the yellow ones, but I think they are most likely the same.

1 hour ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

I heard rumors that the red shocks were slightly harder than the yellow ones, but I think they are most likely the same.

I just connected them to each other to see how they compresses - which one will start compress earlier, and it was about 50/50.
I have a number of yellow ones (some are several years old, some fresh ones) and 4 red ones - and cannot say if reds are stronger. Rather I would say that new ones are stronger while used ones may have some wear which slightly decrease the movement friction.

Edited by Void_S

They have the exact same part ID at LEGO brick and pieces so I would assume they are identical. I have also never noticed a difference so that checks out.

3 hours ago, RussianGuy said:

Is there any difference in strength between yellow and red hard shock absorbers?

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

I have also never noticed a difference so that checks out.

There have been some user made tests to determine the strength of each shock absorber and how they compare. We have had several topics here, too. In one of them, Blakbird explained a lot of stuff regarding them (they are a part of his job).
Anyway, this photo has been online for quite some time:
technic_shock_absorber_stiffness_chart.j

S1scS.png

etc etc...

The coil itself is what matters, so that is something you need to look for, as I have seen people change the color of the base, to match the chassis or the body, and put a harder/softer spring.

We need a proper 2021 test of all the springs available, though :classic:

1 hour ago, Jundis said:

Looks like we get panels 13, 14, 17 & 18 in dark green:

@Jurss means this post

Oh sry, didn't catch that...

But at least now we have high res pics ... xD (*mumblesalittleapologie*)

5 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Oh sry, didn't catch that...

But at least now we have high res pics ... xD (*mumblesalittleapologie*)

:thumbup:

There's lots of other unusually coloured Technic elements in that set too. New Elementary had a dissection of them:

https://www.newelementary.com/2021/05/lego-10289-birds-paradise-review.html#more

I found funny their comment about dark green Technic pieces:

"The first Dark Green Technic pieces appeared in 2004 with 8622 Nidhiki, and I find it amusing that since then every single Dark Green Technic piece was made for non-Technic sets."

0010+Clip2-review-lego-10289-birds-parad

Are LEGO ordering parts from ebay, aliexpress?! No, even chinese copies are now better. Sad trouth.

2 hours ago, Jurss said:

<snip>

Are LEGO ordering parts from ebay, aliexpress?! No, even chinese copies are now better. Sad trouth.

Yeah, that's pretty bad for a company which as long cultivated a reputation of making high quality products. It's starting to look like there's something seriously wrong in the quality control department as these quality issues are popping up here and there. I could've accepted the Sian colour variations as a one-off fluke, if it had ended there, but then came the misalignment problem with the new liftarm and now this defect with the injection point. I mean, injection moulding plastics is what they do, this is where they should be at their very best, the world leader in the whole industry. And they have been, for decades, until now. What the hell is going on in there?