19 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Me too. Somehow I was expecting to see the flip flop beams in even lengths only. To have some more differentiation, and to have the same number of holes on each side.

I dunno, maybe not that important. :shrug_oh_well:

I share your hope; how many times I needed 8 studs beams I don't want to mention...since my mocs are always based on tire size  very often I had to abandon project because there were no space using 4 studs beams or 9 stud beam which was "over the top" :hmpf_bad:

Hi,

I hope I found the right topic for my question. Some time ago when I built Didumos's Greyhound in red, I came across the fact that part 60483 (Liftarm Thick 1 x 2 with Pin Hole) in red is offered at high prices on Bricklink (if at all). Looking at the part's details, it appears that it never appeared in any set.

So, I am wondering where those parts that are on sale come from?

Second question: is it possible to resize an image inserted from URL?  (Thanks for the hint, SNIPE!)

60483.png

Edited by Woodstock89

6 hours ago, Woodstock89 said:

Hi,

I hope I found the right topic for my question. Some time ago when I built Didumos's Greyhound in red, I came across the fact that part 60483 (Liftarm Thick 1 x 2 with Pin Hole) in red is offered at high prices on Bricklink (if at all). Looking at the part's details, it appears that it never appeared in any set.

So, I am wondering where those parts that are on sale come from?

Second question: is it possible to resize an image inserted from URL?

This looks like either a painted lego part or a 3d printed part, OR a third party lego brand part such as CADA.

The easiest way to resize an image is to use bricksafe.com, when you upload an image it will give you 3 sizes usually to choose from.

7 hours ago, Woodstock89 said:

hope I found the right topic for my question. Some time ago when I built Didumos's Greyhound in red, I came across the fact that part 60483 (Liftarm Thick 1 x 2 with Pin Hole) in red is offered at high prices on Bricklink (if at all). Looking at the part's details, it appears that it never appeared in any set.

I actually have two of these, they were test shots for testing the quality of a new mold when the part was first designed. LEGO uses (or at least used) red to highlight possible errors in the molding, and apparently tons of these red Technic parts leaked out of the factory to collectors. If you do but any of these, know that they are genuine but expect lesser part quality due to the errors in molding (they still work).

Red is not only a test colour. Parts can get produced in any colour if the official model builders need them. Also parts get sold of by TLG through various channels and the parks also dump parts from time to time. Nothing mysterious about thsat

But do beware there are several companies making LEGO knock offs of now, it can be very hard to tell with Technic parts!

Got my order of 24 of these, ordered directly from TLG:

lego-6326047-shell-3x1x2-w-cross-hole-bl

Same alignment issues as other users. What's more, the plastic looks and feels different from the usual ABS.

6 hours ago, suffocation said:

Got my order of 24 of these, ordered directly from TLG:

lego-6326047-shell-3x1x2-w-cross-hole-bl

Same alignment issues as other users. What's more, the plastic looks and feels different from the usual ABS.

This is getting more and more disappointing. Surely they must know about this issue by now but they are still shipping defective parts? We know they can do better. 

Small request if someone has the required parts - how strong is the connection between defender wheels and the 1/8 "disc brake" hubs if joined using normal pins? 

defender_wheel_disk_brake_assembly.png

3 minutes ago, syclone said:

Small request if someone has the required parts - how strong is the connection between defender wheels and the 1/8 "disc brake" hubs if joined using normal pins? 

I have in hand this combo, and in my opinion it is sufficiently strong - especially for display models (like most 1:10 cars). Clutch power might be an issue at sideways forces only, I would add an axle just like Zerobricks mentioned though.

Many thanks @Zerobricks and @agrof, seeing as the intended use would be a static model, happy to hear that it will hold up (have a bunch of old hard to remove pins as well, and placing an axle with stop is also possible in the intended model) :sweet: 

tried this a while ago plus other combinations, all are fine

2 hours ago, syclone said:

Tried this a while ago plus other combinations, all are fine

@syclone may I ask: What the point in mounting the Defender wheels on the disc hubs? There is not enough space inside the wheel to mount a brake caliper...

I'd rather have no brake discs than no brake calipers.

Or do you need the different wheel offset?

If he needs a different wheel offset you can use two 3x3 pulleys and three pins. I’ve done that a few times to swap standard 15038 wheels with Defender wheels, works perfectly. To be honest the callipers are way oversized for the Defender wheels.

2 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

@syclone may I ask: What the point in mounting the Defender wheels on the disc hubs? There is not enough space inside the wheel to mount a brake caliper...

I'd rather have no brake discs than no brake calipers.

Or do you need the different wheel offset?

Well, they do still look cool showing through :laugh:, though the calipers are certainly a key part that is missing. 

The offset does put me closer to what the real car would be, and sort of prevents the suspension setup from rubbing on the wheel as well, as it would be way too close otherwise.

@LvdH Just searched for the size of the real brakes of that car, and they're in fact too large (297mm stock brake disc which is about 4'95 studs in-scale). Will give the pulley method a shot.

Edited by syclone

In that case the offset would go further inside the wheel, pretty much exactly the same as 15038 wheels would sit.

8 hours ago, vectormatic said:

I was considering fitting brake discs to the 488GTE, but im not sure what would happen in turns of offset.

I'm honestly not sure why this set and 42096 doesnt have those disc brakes.

4 hours ago, SNIPE said:

I'm honestly not sure why this set and 42096 doesnt have those disc brakes.

42096 I can understand. Was the first 1:9 scale car of current Technic era. I really like that set despite it being a bit flimsy, but can understand the compromises to hit that price point. Though it really bugs me the engine is a flat 6 and not a boxer. 

42125 I don't like at all. Shares all the problems of 42096. Sits at this odd point of not really being polished enough to be a good display piece, and lacks features and rigidity to be a good example of what Technic can do at the price point. 

With the price point being bumped up already I hope the next 1:9 GTE car just aims at the same price and features as the Land Rover Defender 42110. We've already crossed the $150 barrier so why not. 

GTE cars are kind of the wrong car series to flesh out the interior and make this series closer to a modern Model Team set. But that could be another option. Just really make them good display pieces. 

17 hours ago, RocketPuppy said:

Someone in my country community says next GTE car will be aston martin vantage AMR.

porsche 42096 is win car in 2018 lemans 24.

ferrari 42125 is win car in 2019 lemans 24.

And aston martin is win car in 2020 lemans 24.

Considering TLG already has aston license cause 007 DB5, that rumor is very interstring.  

Edited by msk6003

1 hour ago, msk6003 said:

Someone in my country community says next GTE car will be aston martin vantage AMR.

porsche 42096 is win car in 2018 lemans 24.

ferrari 42125 is win car in 2019 lemans 24.

And aston martin is win car in 2020 lemans 24.

Considering TLG already has aston license cause 007 DB5, that rumor is very interstring.  

Did he say where he heard that from?

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

Did he say where he heard that from?

He said that list of won cars in lemans 24.

55 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

He said that list of won cars in lemans 24.

It's likely that it's just a language barrier thing, but I feel the following point should be made, just to nip it in the bud before people start seeing this and start thinking there's actual rumours going around. What you just described is speculation, not a rumour. A rumour is leaked information that hasn't been confirmed by someone reputable yet. That list of cars is just speculation based on a statistic, not around actual information about any future sets. I'm sure you didn't intend for it to come across that way, but some people might start thinking it's true.

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

What color are these panels?

I would assume they're dark green, since they're not as black as the bowl, and birds of paradise have green leaves.

Edit: I found another picture from some other website easily found through Google. They're definitely dark green

4e14fc35-7e4c-4d5c-8b8b-540a2135bb67.png

Edited by Bartybum