In @2GodBDGlory’s picture I see white axle ends inside the Technic axlehole brick. Exciting, since Technic parts with axles are quite rare in white.

EDIT (again) I was wrong, just a boring old 1x1 beam with 1L axle.

Edited by TechnicRCRacer

44 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

In @2GodBDGlory’s picture I see white axle ends inside the Technic axlehole brick. Exciting, since Technic parts with axles are quite rare in white.

EDIT: looks like the part is most likely the 2L axle, and there are at least 2-4 in the set (2 on the side, 2 more white axle pieces in the middle somewhere)

whiteparts.png

It's a pinhole with axle in white 22961 Screenshot from the video MikeTwo9398 mentioned. @ 07:27 min

Edited by syclone

3 hours ago, syclone said:

It's a pinhole with axle in white 22961 Screenshot from the video MikeTwo9398 mentioned. @ 07:27 min

Darn! I did see two more white axle-looking things in the middle, but they must be the same.

EDIT: Gray 3L axles, the light reflected funny :( When will we get more fun Technic colors? I wish they wouldn’t waste all their resources on unfun themes like Vidiyo.

Edited by TechnicRCRacer

Those curve new panel looks very good for rear fender on truck model with double thick wheel.

There's a new version of 44874 with the part number 80787 and it has BAR HOLES :D

I found it in ldraw parts tracker, used with a 2L rigid hose or 3L bar or bar with ball is super useful.

400x281.png  400x180.png

So many possbilities!

Edited by SNIPE

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but the 10283 Space Shuttle includes 1x1 bricks with axle hole:

LEGO-Creator-Expert-10283-NASA-Space-Shu

I don't know how useful this part is from a pure Technic perspective, but it could be very useful for builds that integrate Technic and System parts.

LEGO-Creator-Expert-10283-NASA-Space-Shu

Also, panels. I would not call these Technic, but they would be useful for boilers and tanks and other round things.

5 hours ago, SNIPE said:

There's a new version of 44874 with the part number 80787 and it has BAR HOLES :D

Strange to see it among the common trend of making these holes sqared, so they cannot fit the bar, when previous molds were able... Unusual step.

8 hours ago, Void_S said:

Strange to see it among the common trend of making these holes sqared, so they cannot fit the bar, when previous molds were able... Unusual step.

Yep, they also made the same thing but with only one pin, so "pin with barhole and pinhole" also on LDRAW

8 hours ago, Void_S said:

That is odd, but there will be more possibilities with this change 

Just finished step 3/5 of the Ferrari, and i can confirm both the axle-hole allignment-issue on the 3 wide curved spacer, and colour inconsistency between red parts, even between several examples of the same part, are present. Not as bad as the Sian looks, but still.. If i choose to leave the stickers off, the difference in hue/gloss on the hood is annoying.

I wish lego would make something like this either by making a 3L pin joiner essentially where it has a cross shape so that the clutch ring can mesh with it or as a 3L axle joiner that has axle holes and allows the clutch ring to not mesh with it but be centred in place correctly.

The second option is kinda what I have in this image but the orange part is from  a pullback motor so its not very legal/purist though it is just the right diamiter and width (3L) to not allow the clutch ring so wobble about too much:

640x352.png

This would allow the two pairs of black gears to drive each other but without effecting the rotation of the orange inner ring, however if you drive it via the red gears then it acts just as normal.

There is a lot of potatial uses for such a part, you just wouldn't really use it on an input axle. whichever way lego will hopefully decide to do it, I hope it has a through axle hole with friction or a pinhole all the way thoguh therefore supporoting a through axle anyway.

I say this because what if you need to have a 0.5L/1.5L/2.5L/etc axle sticking out of of the gearbox, well you would use a 5.5L axle with the thru hole design, whichc you cannnot do with the corrent axle joiners becuase they are not thru holes

Edited by SNIPE

I afraid it may not be possible, as this part must have a cross-shape outside (longitudinal groves to meet the clutch ring inner ledges) which matched the internal cross-shape but will make the walls so tin in case of a pinhole.
Moreover, the existing pin joiners are a ticker than axle joiners and they cannot be put inside the clutch ring.

I'm not sure what you mean SNIPE, since if it were freely rotating from the axle that goes through it, the Grey clutch ring would be useless as the only thing it could do would be engaging with the red clutch gear, but couldn't trnasfer the movement anywhere...

Unless what you want is a part that allows the Grey clutch ring remain stationary when not engaged? However, I see no benefit in that, as the switching would be made harder, since both the red gear and the clutch would have to be alligned correctly or a great force applied as they're both static and start rotating only when engaged.

Edited by syclone

This might be a dumb question...

I know the 49283 Cable Clip has been made for the new Control plus system. But does it work with the PF cables too? Is there a difference between the PF and C+ cables (apart from the different connectors)?

13 hours ago, syclone said:

I'm not sure what you mean SNIPE, since if it were freely rotating from the axle that goes through it, the Grey clutch ring would be useless as the only thing it could do would be engaging with the red clutch gear, but couldn't trnasfer the movement anywhere...

Unless what you want is a part that allows the Grey clutch ring remain stationary when not engaged? However, I see no benefit in that, as the switching would be made harder, since both the red gear and the clutch would have to be alligned correctly or a great force applied as they're both static and start rotating only when engaged.

it allows the left or right axle to be turned on or off while letting the black gears still rotate at a different speed or rotation

On 3/20/2021 at 6:45 PM, astyanax said:

Well, I ordered 12 of 85x85p.jpg from B&P as soon as they became available in January. About half of them don't line up with the rest. I sent a photo to Lego Service and they replied they'll pass on my feedback to the "quality department" and send replacements. That's nice -- hopefully the next batch is better. :)

Received my replacements. Below a comparison: 1st batch on the left, replacements on the right.

640x739.jpg

Bottom line: always make sure to connect these parts at at least 2 points!

I'm not gonna complain again, I really have more than enough of these parts now! :laugh_hard:

36 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Received my replacements. Below a comparison: 1st batch on the left, replacements on the right.

This is just beyond unacceptable in my world. Seriously, what is happening with LEGO? Is this part so hard to get right compared to any other? I have a hard time imagining that.

53 minutes ago, astyanax said:

What the hell the replacements look even worse imo :sick: But it is such a useful brick Iwill have to buy some eventually too

So, looks like it was not a knockoff but an absorption :sceptic:

I really disappointed with the lattes things happened to parts molds and colors: I don't care if the inner part of pins is squared or rounded, but the axle hole must be always 90-gregrees oriented. Not 89.9, nor 90.1 :ugh: