2 hours ago, Philo said:

All I can say is... yuck!

How do you know the factory? a code somewhere?

How do you fail such a basic part and quality control? It's like those 20 tooth bewel gears all over again...

4 hours ago, Philo said:

How do you know the factory? a code somewhere?

Look on the inside of the part, to the right of the outward curved flange. There should be a copyright LEGO text, as well as a mold/position number and part ID. The mold number is two numbers with a dash between them. If the box of the set has R in the code on the tape or box, then it is from the Mexico factory.

3 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

If the box of the set has R in the code on the tape or box, then it is from the Mexico factory.

Ah OK, it's on the box... Got mine from B&P (in France), so no box ;)

I checked my parts from the Ferrari and they also show the same failure.

I will demand replacment parts from Lego.

Also I think a QA-related topic might be in order.

1 hour ago, Philo said:

Ah OK, it's on the box... Got mine from B&P (in France), so no box ;)

Odd, all 20 that I ordered from B&P were correct and don't have the issue. The B&P parts are almost always from the Denmark factory. Do all the faulty parts have the same mold number?

35 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Do all the faulty parts have the same mold number?

1-01, 9-01, 6-01 and 7-01. I guess it means mold 01 / position 1/6/7/9 ?

1 hour ago, Philo said:

1-01, 9-01, 6-01 and 7-01. I guess it means mold 01 / position 1/6/7/9 ?

Strange they all have different positions. My only faulty ones are form 11-01. When I look at the crooked ones the axle hole is almost “mirrored” — the asymmetrical pattern of the axle hole is backwards.

8 hours ago, Philo said:

All I can say is... yuck!

Ah, bollocks. I just ordered a boatload of these from B&P - wish I'd seen the pic before finalising my order :wall:

50 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Strange they all have different positions. My only faulty ones are form 11-01. When I look at the crooked ones the axle hole is almost “mirrored” — the asymmetrical pattern of the axle hole is backwards.

All of mine have assymetry on the same side.
pxl_20210309_194509978.jpg

Now if they could get the axlehole off by, say, 45 degrees instead of a mere one or two, it could be a useful part!

4 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Now if they could get the axlehole off by, say, 45 degrees instead of a mere one or two, it could be a useful part!

:laugh:

I talked with Lego support, they logged the quality issue regarding part 71708 and they will look into resolving it.

Encountered the same issues with my jeep set and those parts. I did notice it was possible to flip some of them around making the problem much less noticable. Not the first time either I have noticed this on other parts as well, although to a lesser degree.

Unfortunately it is hard to take as okay, mainly because I tell myself I buy only LEGO products just to avoid such issues.

Man, i just found this issue from the excavator set thread, and it just totally figures... After slowly getting over my annoyance regarding the Sian's colour problems (and being unable to un-see the colour variations in other sets all of a sudden), ive started looking at some new sets, and this crops up, killing any interest i have in these sets.

quite embarrasing, and indeed, a big wake-up call for anyone who was buying only lego to avoid these kinds of quality problems.

On 3/9/2021 at 8:18 PM, suffocation said:

Ah, bollocks. I just ordered a boatload of these from B&P - wish I'd seen the pic before finalising my order :wall:

I got my order of twelfe a few day ago and those align pretty well. They have different mould numbers.

I didn't open the excavator yet...

Edited by anyUser

I got 2x of the Hovercraft set, got one partially built and the two of those panel extension pieces in that one seem fine. Haven't checked the other one yet.

These copies are bought in Norway, I assume we get Lego sets produced here in Europe/Denmark.

On 3/9/2021 at 11:18 AM, suffocation said:

All 20 from B&P aligned perfectly for me, so you shouldn’t worry too much since all B&P orders come from the same place (I believe).

Well, I ordered 12 of 85x85p.jpg from B&P as soon as they became available in January. About half of them don't line up with the rest. I sent a photo to Lego Service and they replied they'll pass on my feedback to the "quality department" and send replacements. That's nice -- hopefully the next batch is better. :)

A small remark about colour consistency. Yesterday i took my GT3RS off the shelf, and lo and behold, the curved 3x13s on the roof show some inconsistency as well... Not nearly as bad as what ive seen in some Sian pics, but definitely there...

My innoscence is lost :(

I also have noticed now for some other older sets some differences, also for black beams, f.i. But they are visible in some bright sunlight, not in full moon lighting conditions.

A slight color variation that requires (bright) light to see is IMO acceptable, the Sián level... eh, I could accept it, but it's certainly on the border of what should be expected from such a pricy set.

Yes, I already mentioned it in the 2021 discussion thread:

1 hour ago, Frequenzberater said:

There is a new type of technic panel in the recently revealed creator Space Shuttle set:

q8jRhqa.jpg

pk5UWog.jpg

Maybe we can find it in some of the upcoming technic sets too?

8 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

Yes, I already mentioned it in the 2021 discussion thread:

Maybe not quite technic, check video below. Even size, studs... :classic:

But it is a nice part and a nice set!