8 hours ago, SaperPL said:

So the buggy has this new piece. This opens up so many possibilities IMO. Hopefully those will start coming in all lengths and maybe even the angled ones will be with this design.

I really hope for 11 studs long; my current project needs something like that since there is no 11 studs long gear rack; only 7 and 13...

For these crossbeams, 7, 11 and 15 sound like the most sensible lengths, since this would match the lengths of the frames.

In any case, these new 15L beams looks very useful! I want a few :D

4 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

For these crossbeams, 7, 11 and 15 sound like the most sensible lengths, since this would match the lengths of the frames.

In any case, these new 15L beams looks very useful! I want a few :D

Well 2 are in 42124 set, so very soon they'll be available in bricklink or brick&pieces...

Yep, all lengths from 3 to 15 would have uses. 5 and 7L for example would be really useful with 5x7 frames. But I'm not holding my breath for the whole series considering that first bricks were released in 1977 and the last to round up the selection (14L) in 1997, 20 years later. The full selection of straight, full-thickness liftarms happened much faster though, the first being released in 2000 and the last to complete the series from 3 to 15L in 2004. Still, that's many years in between the first and the last release.

even a 2L crosa beam is useful because it acts like a purpendicular connector 2L but where both holes are pinholes.

OK, but for 2L and 3L we have already something like crossbeams. OK, there are axle and pin connectors mixed, but they are.

3 hours ago, msk6003 said:

Looks like TLG made 7x11 lime frame...(image from facebook)

That would be very useful for us tractor, combine harvester...builders (when we found time for it :laugh:), but even white is no stranger for CLAAS influenced MOCs...

Very nice find. Thank you :sweet:

@Milan if you would be so kind to find extra time and remove quoted picture since my (smart?) phone does not want to do it... *huh*

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted pic. Here you go, Igor :)

On 1/3/2021 at 5:44 PM, msk6003 said:

Looks like TLG made 7x11 lime frame...(image from facebook)

This new education set also include medium azure 5x7 frame, 2x13(right?) pneumatic cylinder, new kind of switch(also include in 42080) and 6L pump(again. 42080.)

33 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

This new education set also include medium azure 5x7 frame, 2x13(right?) pneumatic cylinder, new kind of switch(also include in 42080) and 6L pump(again. 42080.)

2x11 pneumatic cylinder, but yeah. For some reason Rebricable lists it as different part from those in 42080 and 42043 but I can't see any functional differences between them.

Now only if the thin version was also re-released...

What do you think, seeing the ever-growing piece numbers at other themes (Colosseum 9000+, rumoured Death Star with 11000+), will Technic get the same treatment from TLG? And if yes, would that mean the introduction of bigger wheel hubs for bigger cars (e.g. 1:6 scale)?

Please don't.

I understand colloseum, there are lot of small parts, from which it is made.

Death star - don't know if that is needed. I don't want anything so big anymore, after building Millenium Falcon. I'm really dissapointed bout it. Worst buy ever. Happily sold.

28 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Please don't.

I understand colloseum, there are lot of small parts, from which it is made.

Death star - don't know if that is needed. I don't want anything so big anymore, after building Millenium Falcon. I'm really dissapointed bout it. Worst buy ever. Happily sold.

Agree IMHO Technic should be like 8455 set - not to big in term of size and parts number but with high level of playability.

Technic is different from the likes of the Colosseum or the Millennium Falcon in that a Technic set must have some functionality. Even the recent empty shell-racecars still had suspension and fake engine and they were midsize sets. Anything bigger must have a lot more functionality to justify the additional parts and the price that comes with them. This presents a problem for Technic, as large and functional, even mobile builds must be very strong but ABS has it's limits and for official sets those limits are much tighter than what hobbyists can make. I think the 4000-ish parts of the BWE, RTC and Liebherr was already pushing it, all of them needed a significant amount of structural bracing and hundreds of parts were tied into cosmetic and/or playability-increasing extras. So unless there's going to be sets with large main model and smaller (but significant) secondary model(s) and function-demonstrating extra pieces, I doubt we'll be seeing much larger sets. Maybe up to 5000 parts but not much more. One could of course speculate with the idea that TLG would create some new large structural pieces specifically for the purpose of giving large models strength and volume (Technic version of BURP) but I find it highly unlikely.

I also prefer somewhat smaller scale for the ideal Technic set, something like Arocs: packed with functions and great playability but still large and impressive to look at.

44 minutes ago, howitzer said:

TLG would create some new large structural pieces specifically for the purpose of giving large models strength and volume

So, we have 5x7, 7x11, 11x15, 11x19 frame and baseplate. Need more?

Of course I want more. But I don't know it is nessary.

Some, though not all, of the new 2021 technic parts are now available on Bricks and Pieces. Some of the panels are still not available, but, for instance, the tires from 42124 and 42122 are available.