5 minutes ago, zoo said:

Very narrow minded view you have there. Jurss seem to care, and I'm sure there are lots of others. I for one do not buy any second hand parts and I have bad experiences buying directly from LEGO using pick a brick as well.

FYI, you can also buy new (=unused) parts in Bricklink.

I know that I can buy parts separately, but I'm really curious, what we can expect. What was reason to develop this kind of part? What they couldn't achieve with existing parts?

It's simply used to lock the box. Part 42193 could work as well, but with the pin hole this part uses more space, and maybe it wasn't possible to use it anyway depending on how the box halves are designed.

Dots is aimed at 6 year olds, so a single part simplifies the build. 

Edited by Brickend
Just worked out how the key works

I don’t like the direction LEGO is going with big single-use specialized parts. They’ve done around three giant “book” pieces in the span of two years. Isn’t this the reasoning that almost killed LEGO in the early 2000s? 

Edited by TechnicRCRacer

13 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

I don’t like the direction LEGO is going with big single-use specialized parts. They’ve done around three giant “book” pieces in the span of two years. Isn’t this the reasoning that almost killed LEGO in the early 2000s? 

It was more than that. The large single-purpose pieces might have played a role, but there were also the unmanageable plethora of colours, many themes that were commercial failures and for example in Technic the brand seemed directionless and it appeared that nobody really knew what to do with the theme. Then of course Star Wars and Bionicle happened, and also whoever was directing Technic at the time seemed to understand that it's better to concentrate on machinery with interesting functions and builds rather than cheap gimmicks.

This new part being a small connector, I'm sure it'll find many uses. I think it could've even been useful in some of my recent builds.

That part use for locking box. If TLG use 2L axle + (++) + bush combination, It will disassemble while someone try to open box. new part didn't.

3 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

My problem is, this part is basically just 92907.

No it's not. In addition to differences in size, there's also differences in direction, type and number of connection points.

12 minutes ago, howitzer said:

No it's not. In addition to differences in size, there's also differences in direction, type and number of connection points.

But it would serve the needed purpose within the Dots set.

8 hours ago, msk6003 said:

That part use for locking box. If TLG use 2L axle + (++) + bush combination, It will disassemble while someone try to open box. new part didn't.

If you did this with a 2L axle, there would also be no where for the key to go to open the lock

4 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

My problem is, this part is basically just 92907.

That part would only be able to unlock in one direction, which may or may not be a issue.

Unused connections also offer more chances for a build to go wrong; I think this is a factor when aiming a product at 6 year olds

If the key could be pushed past the top liftarm without being stopped by the blue pin below, it would be free to spin and get trapped within 92907 - the new part removes this risk.

Edited by Brickend

5 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Part 26287 spotted in Dark Green in this year’s holiday employee gift. Maybe a hint of the color of future models? There were dark green panels in a Monkie Kid set earlier.

The same part is also available in lime for the creator tuplps. Updated my list
40461-1.jpg?1

My guess is that 26287 is such a generically useful part that having it released in new colours is not indicative of any future Technic set colour schemes. Much like the older 32054 (pin with bush) is surprisingly common in non-Technic sets and have appeared in numerous colours but only a few have ever been a colour scheme of a Technic set.

1 hour ago, nahpets said:

It looks like a dark green  steering wheel is included in the new creator roses 

I think you are right. It’s not the classic one though, it seems to be the one from the new Ghostbusters set.

Edited by LvdH

On 11/30/2020 at 12:01 AM, LvdH said:

And possibly 1x6 or 1x7 thin liftarms in red. I don't think they are 1x5, it seems longer from what I could see.

Looks like I was right. The 1x7 liftarm has returned in red. 
I also spotted 63869 in red:
250x250p.jpg?1595085533.507739

5 hours ago, LvdH said:

Looks like I was right. The 1x7 liftarm has returned in red. 
I also spotted 63869 in red:
250x250p.jpg?1595085533.507739

You're right. The parts list of 42125 says 2x in red. Nice.

Not sure if this has been reported here, but brothers-brick reviewed the 2021 Spiderman sets  and 3673 frictionless technic pin is being recoloured in yellow. As a fairly casual technic builder, I don't know if I should feel sad that it's been changed, worried that it might get permanently recoloured/colour-locked in yellow, or really excited that long-standing colour-locked parts are getting made in new colours.

hss6r0qn1g561.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

So the buggy has this new piece. This opens up so many possibilities IMO. Hopefully those will start coming in all lengths and maybe even the angled ones will be with this design.

Edited by SaperPL

27 minutes ago, SaperPL said:

<snip>

So the buggy has this new piece. This opens up so many possibilities IMO. Hopefully those will start coming in all lengths and maybe even the angled ones will be with this design.

Probably the most important and useful part released since the 15100 pin with pin hole in 2015.

14 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Probably the most important and useful part released since the 15100 pin with pin hole in 2015.

No question about it. So much needed part.

I wonder if this is the first time Lego released a part that had already been used by alternative bricks companies before. Really strange that we had to wait so long.

43 minutes ago, legophisto said:

I wonder if this is the first time Lego released a part that had already been used by alternative bricks companies before. Really strange that we had to wait so long.

I may be wrong but I believe this is an example of a part that had been used by a competitor before TLG: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=35480