23 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Use the 7x11 frames, they are perfect for the new diff and locks. I'm working on just such axle now.

That was the first thing I tried, but I had trouble. I could get the gear side of the differential nicely reinforced, but the lock side had a relatively long axle before I could brace it, so it could wiggle a bit. I was testing with an XL motor directly attached to the 12T drive gear, and both outputs blocked. Perhaps that is too much torque to expect, but this truck will be very heavy, and I doubt I can do any gearing down after the differential (Planetary hubs won't work, since I am installing disc brakes)

Fun fact, the older mold of male CV joint ends (bumpy plastic as opposed to smooth) has a larger effective range of motion. It's hard to get a pic of it but it's noticeable if you check for yourself. I reckon it's about 1 degree. 

Is this a known fact? It probably doesn't apply in most situations but if there were something that's a bit tight with new cv joints, using old ones might fix it.

Edited by arieben

Can the small linear actuator be washed ?

Dust is a problem in my area. I have washed a few of the assembled models and they have become like new. Even the mechanisms have started working smoothly.

I put them under running water and scrubbed with a soft brush.  Obviously not everything can be washed. In this context, I wanted to know if the small linear actuator can be washed.

Thank you.

@iLegoOnly thing I might worry about is the internal grease, it might be washed away after you clean the small actuator many times, but it should be fine if you wash it once or twice.

ok the lego website says the following:

New 7 x 11 teal baseplate

New black wheels

New frames

However I looked at images, and the baseplate is just the same as spike prime but in teal, so 11x19.

Looks like lego made a mistake.

The new frrames are as posted above, just 15x11 in black which is still cool.

The wheels came in black already in the lego 10273 haunted house but at least there's 6 in the new robot inventor set.

Edited by SNIPE

Checked. I have both types. Don't know since when. Didn't payed attention.

10 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Since never. Are you sure that part is genuine? I don’t see any LEGO markings on it.

I am positive it is real Lego. It comes from 42100 which I bought recently.

And it has LEGO marking, unlike the old one, which doesn't have any.

HEHt5ql.png

Edited by RussianGuy

22 minutes ago, RussianGuy said:

And it has LEGO marking

Huh, you’re right. Strange, but I guess this matches the pattern of “making some pieces more glossy”. My connector pieces have been glossy starting this year along with differentials. I have no idea why they are doing it, I think they are better with a matte finish.

Yep, I ordered some from Lego a few weeks back, and they are definitely glossy! Also, notice that the mold is definitely new; if you look at the bottoms of the axle holes, the new ones allow you to see the cross profile, while the old ones only had a semicircular hole.

I’m thinking LEGO is using a cheaper method to produce the molds. Their glossy parts seem subpar and have more tolerance issues than the older parts.

They’ve had glossy parts for years. Wheels in 2015 with 42039, for example, were glossy instead of black. Several axle connectors have become glossy instead of matte as well and none of them have broken while I have a lot of “matte” broken parts. Of course they are younger than the matte parts, so only time will tell how the new parts hold up.

Also this part I have in both matte (older) and glossy (newer):

85x85p.jpg

=============================================================

(change of topic)

Back in August it was revealed that the pin connector would come in Lime:

85x85p.jpg

Sure enough, it's been available on Bricks & Pieces for at least a month now (search for part 29219, not 62462). But it hasn't shown in any set inventory, until today: set 45814 is AFAIK the first to use it.

1000x800p.jpg?1601881693.46058

Edited by astyanax

New parts for Technic 2021 1H so far:

Flat panel 3x7x1 in Yellow, Blue, LBG, and DBG
Flat panel middle section for small panels #21 and #22 2x3x1 in Yellow and Blue

Parts in new color

Corvette wheel arch in Blue, possibly printed

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Wheelarch seems printed,.

But! There are small size tractor tyres on 42122, if that is correct.

And also some other offroad tyres on 42124

Source 

Edited by Jurss

parts included in the 51515 mindstrom area viable from B&P

It contains new diffs, lot of dark turquoise beam and connector and the landrover mud guard in white

47 minutes ago, Touc4nx said:

It contains new diffs, lot of dark turquoise beam and connector and the landrover mud guard in white 

And frame 11x15 in black.

2 hours ago, keymaker said:

And frame 11x15 in black.

It's good to have (almost) all frames in one color now. We only need the open H frame and maybe tha ball joint frame in black to have the complete set.

1 hour ago, Zerobricks said:

We only need the open H frame and maybe tha ball joint frame in black to have the complete set.

Oh how I wish that would come true :blush:

There’s a lot to unpack here. Looks like we get TWO new tires, one like the CLAAS but smaller and a generic RC buggy tire. Some new panels in blue and maybe yellow as well.

7 hours ago, Touc4nx said:

Finally, time to order!

About tractor tire; the same "pattern" of tire introduction was with powepullers; they were available in continuous time (ok only 2 years 2000 and 2001) and the one year nothing and in 2003 81,6 balloon tire. The same is with 107 tractor tire in continuous tear span 2016+2019; nothing in 2020 and new smaller tractor tire in 2021...