There is a purpose in that design that is very usefull - you can have 8T, 24T or 40T gear right beside without collision, I wouldn't like to give up on that. I have several hundreads of mentioned connectors, I guess nowadays most of them cracked somehow yet all of them still fully functional and I use the regullarly. The axle hole is only slightly loose so the friction is not as firm, but the crack is not so severe to throw the part out.

12 hours ago, N-4K0 said:

IMO they should be redesigned cos I find them too weak to be worth using in the long run.

Although I guess that they may be quite fragile for heavy loads (and I take this into account when building too), I'm sure that, even if we get new part variants for perpendicular/orthogonal connectors with axle holes on both ends, the 32039 variant will be maintained in the long term for the following reason :

the bushing patterns give space for teeth from Z8, Z16, Z24 and Z40 gears in space-constrained Technic subassemblies (gears positioned respectively 1L ; 1,5L ; 2L and 3L away from the bushing).

5 hours ago, Ivan_M said:

There is a purpose in that design that is very usefull - you can have 8T, 24T or 40T gear right beside without collision, I wouldn't like to give up on that. I have several hundreads of mentioned connectors, I guess nowadays most of them cracked somehow yet all of them still fully functional and I use the regullarly. The axle hole is only slightly loose so the friction is not as firm, but the crack is not so severe to throw the part out.

5 hours ago, Thierry-GearsManiac said:

Although I guess that they may be quite fragile for heavy loads (and I take this into account when building too), I'm sure that, even if we get new part variants for perpendicular/orthogonal connectors with axle holes on both ends, the 32039 variant will be maintained in the long term for the following reason :

the bushing patterns give space for teeth from Z8, Z16, Z24 and Z40 gears in space-constrained Technic subassemblies (gears positioned respectively 1L ; 1,5L ; 2L and 3L away from the bushing).

Great minds think alike, it seems! :head_back:

On 5/13/2020 at 1:10 PM, Jurss said:

I don't remember, so You can try to combine curved slopes.

What is overall lenght? Maybe 7 stud long panel can be used or their combination?

After some playing around I have decided to make strong structure with 7 x 11 frame and 3 x 11 panels on top, but I have another question: is there a part similar to this but 2 studs long?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=61184&idColor=86#T=C&C=86

Thanks in advance :classic:

On 5/19/2020 at 2:52 PM, agrof said:

If I had to choose, I would say TLG's definition is the reference. Not a thing to get mad about, though. :wink:

On 5/19/2020 at 7:13 PM, TechnicRCRacer said:

I think the official LEGO color names are kind of strange, I use BrickLink (same as Rebrickble)’s color names.

Now that TLG own BrickLink i wonder how long it will be before BrickLink starts to use the official colour names?

I find the BrickLink color names more descriptive than TLG's official names, but I don't see any chance they'll convert to the BrickLink names and ditch their own after all these years.

I say, leave no play for companies or people to define things they produce / invent, and let everyone use his/her own better appealing terms.

- Hello, I would like to buy a Ford.

- Sorry, maybe You are wrong here, we are a Mercedes only dealer.

- Yes, yes, a Ford, maybe that blue one!

- I see, but that is a Mercedes C-class, it is not a Ford.

- I know the origin of these products, but I prefer the word Ford over M... MM.... sorry I can't even say it out loud. You should even consider to replace the logo on them.

This can be escalated even broader, why not take the SI, etc...

- Hello, I would like to have 1 mobb of copperfrust.

- Sorry, this is a bakery, we have bread, crescent, bagel, what may I?

- Yes, 1 mobb of copperfrust.

Edited by agrof

10273 haunted house has two black parts with a stud on one side and a technic axle hole on the bottom it looks like:

hmmm.png

saw this in this build video:

Edited by SNIPE

The top part is cone, but I cannot distinguish the middle part:

REVIEW-LEGO-10273-Haunted-House-09.jpg?s

Edited by Ivan_M

2 hours ago, Ivan_M said:

The top part is cone, but I cannot distinguish the middle part:

Hmm, but part 33492 does not have an axle hole. but this part in the haunted house does.

The topmost part is a fez, but it does not have an axle hole. The part in the middle is indeed a cone 33492. Here's how the whole thing is built :

MbYs8rk.jpg

@Philo or someone else with the real parts, I don't suppose you know if the large spike prime wheel fits inside of the motorbike tyres? it looks like it does in LDCAD :)

I mean the tyres from the lego creator harley davidson or the offroad motorbike tyre of the same size.

Regards, snipe.

Edited by SNIPE

31 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

or the offroad motorbike tyre of the same size.

If you meant this, then the answer in no, it won't fit:

photo_2020-05-23_16-11-44.jpg

On 5/21/2020 at 4:54 PM, LucyCol said:

Now that TLG own BrickLink i wonder how long it will be before BrickLink starts to use the official colour names?

Not sure where in the world you are, but recently BL dropped "flesh" and now use "nougat", in UK at least. 

51 minutes ago, ibessonov said:

If you meant this, then the answer in no, it won't fit:

photo_2020-05-23_16-11-44.jpg

The off road tyre from set 42007

Are you sure you cant slip it inside?

10 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

The off road tyre from set 42007

Are you sure you cant slip it inside?

I don't have that specific tire, this one is from BMW, but they have the same diameter on the inside. I couldn't squeese spike wheel into it, the difference is too big.

42007 and 42063 BMW are the same tyres, and they do fit easily on large Spike Prime wheels.
img_20200523_161714265.jpg
But actually the wheel is a bit too small to really fit inside of tyre...
img_20200523_161749286.jpg

4 minutes ago, Philo said:

42007 and 42063 BMW are the same tyres, and they do fit easily on large Spike Prime wheels.

Wow, how damaging is it for the tire? Does it become loose on the old rim?

YEY thanks @Philo

I think I can just use pins in the pin holes or studded pins or tiles to centre the tyre :)

4 minutes ago, ibessonov said:

Wow, how damaging is it for the tire? Does it become loose on the old rim?

No problem, rubber is very flexible. I didn't have to pull on it so no fear it becomes loose on intended rim.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the spike prime Sets are aviable on the Lego Website..

Apparently the changeover catch has been updated. The main difference is at the cross axle. The tip seems rounder, but that might be due to the angle of the render.

It should be in the Sián, so people who have it could make a more accurate comparison between both versions.