8 minutes ago, Philo said:

Yes, there are subparts (in parts\s folder): https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptscan.cgi?q=flexible axle

Tip of the day: try to use LDCad, so much better for flexible parts!

Great, thanks a lot!

I didn't know about LDCad. It looks good, I guess I should have a try. Though I've been using MLCad for so many years, a change to something else would be hard.. :)

I don't know if this belongs here...

Regarding C+...

I know there is some kind of non set specific soft to be released by TLG. and there are also some third party software options.

Given any of those options Is it possible to implement some kind of electronic traction control?

Since the motors have an indexer, given a 4WD car with 4 motors, one per wheel and accounting for small variations of wheel rotation due to turning...

Would it be possible to detect wheel slippage and correct  power delivery to that motor/wheel? Could something like that be implemented?

Is C+ hub capable of powering 4 motors for real, would it need 2 hubs? 

76139 Batmobile has lot of interesting parts and function.

new_tire.jpg

First and most important, Front tire and windshield is new parts.

68.7 x 27 s.

Similer with this and this.

And have steering function, BUT IT IS VIRTUAL PIVOT STEERING

Nice to see new tyres! They are simillar diamater, as 68,8 x 36 ZR ones, but thinner and on a smaller wheel. (Technic racing medium). I think this tyre could be a good use for truck ones, at simillar scale as 62.4 one.

28 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Nice to see new tyres! They are simillar diamater, as 68,8 x 36 ZR ones, but thinner and on a smaller wheel. (Technic racing medium). I think this tyre could be a good use for truck ones, at simillar scale as 62.4 one.

Just was looking at them too... I thought that they are Unimog ones but later realized that they are smaller than "tumbler" ones at the rear axle. Great news :thumbup:

(17:07 timestamp)

Edited by Void_S

hopefully these Tires are not exlusive for this set Like the long and slim pneumatic cylinders.

If anything you can just order them directly from LEGO, usually pretty cheaply too. I got a set of Land Rover wheels (not the tyres) for €2.30 each. 

Could be a crazy idea but interesting how these new tries would fit recently released Land Rover Defender. Its 42000 tires are so higway-ish and someone might prefer more off-road pattern :wink:

14 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Does anyone here know why TLG changed this part from DBG to Red, at least for Technic? Still don't understand it. :wacko:

For use in the Red Rough Terrain. Crane.

Edited by Doug72

Just now, Doug72 said:

For use in the Red Rough Terrain. Crane.

And now it's in every Technic set. Couldn't TLG at least use the DBG versions in some of them?

19 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

And now it's in every Technic set. Couldn't TLG at least use the DBG versions in some of them?

I have 100 of the, so red as vibrant color is very nice addition IMHO, specially when you need contract on dark bluish gray chassis :wink:

Just now, I_Igor said:

when you need contract on dark bluish gray chassis

DIdn't know a chassis can be legally capable of entering a contract though

12 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

DIdn't know a chassis can be legally capable of entering a contract though

I was meaning on contrast, but autocorrect is faster than me :laugh:

About tire 68.7 x 27 S - It looks like it could fit on 43.2 wheels what is more than welcome for me since I had a lots of headache with truck MOC due to (very) expensive 68.8 x 24 tire (part 32003)

Edited by I_Igor
It fits to 43.2 x 26 wheel

47 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Does anyone here know why TLG changed this part from DBG to Red, at least for Technic? Still don't understand it. :wacko:

A similar occurence happens with the red 3L pin with bush that is most commonly used to denote the joint of two subassemblies. They have been replaced by orange ones. This one I truly don't get.

7 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

A similar occurence happens with the red 3L pin with bush that is most commonly used to denote the joint of two subassemblies. They have been replaced by orange ones. This one I truly don't get.

I use it (red) together with red and do not pay to much attention to it. In latest years internal structure of many Lego sets are getting more and more colorfull...probably it is the cheapest way to make one part in smallest possible number of colors to save costs ... Every cent counts is the Motto 

47 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

I use it (red) together with red and do not pay to much attention to it. In latest years internal structure of many Lego sets are getting more and more colorfull...probably it is the cheapest way to make one part in smallest possible number of colors to save costs ... Every cent counts is the Motto  

Plus to that, the colorful scheme allows better follow the building steps ("hey, I feel I've missed that red thing here!" - vs - "ohh, damn, it's all black or dark gray??"), and, like in 42070, it helps distinguish the sub-assembles orientation that could be critical. I believe there might be more topics like "me 42070 doesn't move" if THG didn't pain left-right parts of the chassis in the different colors.

Whatever we want, it goes, it happens and it's an evolution. And I like it, despite some, for sure, questionable minor moments.

I think, about colors there was lot of discussions, and this is true

9 hours ago, Void_S said:

the colorful scheme allows better follow the building steps

LEGO is mainly made for younger people, not for some grown engineers.

Yeah ! I've got 4 pieces of this new crawler portal hub..... but I forgot to order the new CV joint thingies with them... :wall:

Does the orientation of the small turntable affect its load-bearing capacity? In the 42055, when the swing arm is connected to the vertical sides, the turntables on both side have the black side facing outward. However, in the 42100, when the digging arm is connected, the turntables have the gray side facing outward.

5 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Does the orientation of the small turntable affect its load-bearing capacity? In the 42055, when the swing arm is connected to the vertical sides, the turntables on both side have the black side facing outward. However, in the 42100, when the digging arm is connected, the turntables have the gray side facing outward.

I think it really may have a difference. The possible reason is in a connection of the two halves: the LBG one is secured inside the black one by the outer edge, so it may result in two different options:

• The black one is a "base", the LBG one moves and hold some arm or other loaded assembly. In this case the LBG one "stands" on the bottom of Black's ring. The top part meanwhile will try to incline to inside-outside, depending on the center of mass of the attached assembly, and usually will still try to move outside, pushing to the "locks" causing their faster worn.
  • The LBG one is a "base", the black - moves. In this case the black part now "stands" on the top of LBG's ring. The bottom part also has some play and can move inside-outside, mostly inside pushing the inner part surface that is much stronger than locks. So this option is more heavy-duty in my opinion.

If necessary, I can add here a drawing with that schematic some later.

So far, you can find that "locks" here, they are really very small things to be heavy-loaded: https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=99010&tab=V

Edited by Void_S

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Can anyone help me figure out why TLG modified the design of the PF battery box in 42095 if PF is going to be discontinued anyway? :hmpf:

I’m pretty sure the modification came a few years before, unless you’re talking about a new one. I assume you mean the one with the green-ish LED? 

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

I’m pretty sure the modification came a few years before, unless you’re talking about a new one. I assume you mean the one with the green-ish LED? 

Nope. TLG changed the inner slots so the batteries are easier to install. See Sariel's review of 42095 to see what I mean.