In the video at 6:46,
does that mean it isn't classic orange like the corvette ? :sceptic:

at 17:50, is that a new color for 8 axle ?

13 minutes ago, Touc4nx said:

In the video at 6:46,
does that mean it isn't classic orange like the corvette ? :sceptic:

Apparently.

I think the most likely candidate is bright light orange. There have been Technic parts before in that color.

1 hour ago, Erik Leppen said:

Apparently.

I think the most likely candidate is bright light orange. There have been Technic parts before in that color.

It seems to be a reasonable guess as there is already some lifter existing in that color.
Thanks for the info.

5 hours ago, Doug72 said:

20T DBG = 1.4:1

12T DBG at right angle = 2.33:1

8T spur offset =3.5:1

This new 28t gear and 60t turntable is just bigger version of 12t double bevel gear.

So, both gear can mesh all gear which can mesh with 12t gear(8, 20, 36, or even just cross axle(if did this, gear ratio is 1:3(4:12), 1:7(4:28), 1:15(4:60)) and 7L, 13L rack gear!)

Edited by msk6003

15 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

This new 28t gear and 60t turntable is just bigger version of 12t double bevel gear.

So, both gear can mesh all gear which can mesh with 12t gear(8, 20, 36, or even just cross axle(if did this, gear ratio is 1:3(4:12), 1:7(4:28), 1:15(4:60)) and 7L, 13L rack gear!)

Yes.

But some gear ratios require a 1/2 L offset to get correct meshing which can be difficult to achieve !

Both of the new Overwatch sets (to be released in October) will feature Technic parts in new colours :

48133738987_d01fba1409_z.jpg

• 75976 has at least one 3M axle with stud in yellow (as well as four Hordika necks in orange, if you count them as Technic parts).

48133679998_dcb93bdc0b_z.jpg

48133739137_39edb59b43_z.jpg

• 75977 has at least two cams in yellow, and at least two sprockets in either dark orange or medium nougat / medium dark flesh.

Just found this on the LEGO Education website. Looks like there are at least four new parts in this set: the wheels are definitely new - are these the first ever blue tires? - and there are some very large frames in purple - they look to be about 7M wide and 11M long. There is also a new type of ball bearing mount in aqua and a few 3x3 connector blocks in purple. Any thoughts on these new parts?

I also found a page for a “Large angular motor”, however, when I try to go to that page, it doesn’t exist. Any ideas on what this could be? Hopefully it will have some interesting uses.

59 minutes ago, Clutch Builder said:

Just found this on the LEGO Education website. Looks like there are at least four new parts in this set: the wheels are definitely new - are these the first ever blue tires? - and there are some very large frames in purple - they look to be about 7M wide and 11M long. There is also a new type of ball bearing mount in aqua and a few 3x3 connector blocks in purple. Any thoughts on these new parts?

I also found a page for a “Large angular motor”, however, when I try to go to that page, it doesn’t exist. Any ideas on what this could be? Hopefully it will have some interesting uses.

https://brickset.com/article/43035

There's the motors as well, page 60-61 of this topic ;)

Not sure if this is the place for this, but here goes:

Has anyone tried making a steering axle for the new small wheel arches and 49.5x20 tires? Im toying with the idea of build a smaller orange porsche with the corvette as a wheel arch donor, and while i have the rear axle pretty much worked out, im not sure how to fit those tires in the arches and have enough steering angle. Fitting those wheels on the corvette's front axle result in rubbing pretty much everywhere. I think spacing the wheel juuuust a bit inside the arche will make it clear the arche itself, but then im struggling with the body work below the arch.

2 hours ago, syclone said:

https://brickset.com/article/43035

There's the motors as well, page 60-61 of this topic ;)

Oops, looks like I’m late. :sceptic:

It would be interesting to see an angular motor in PF; it might make it easier to power some narrow vehicles. However, I don’t think that it would be necessary, as it really doesn’t save much space.

9 hours ago, vectormatic said:

im not sure how to fit those tires in the arches and have enough steering angle.

Without suspension

@Jurss I wasnt using suspension to begin with, Im aiming to make the entire car 15 studs wide (same width as 42093), and proper suspension at that scale is already pretty much a no-go, especially for a rear axle with a diff.

Im also using bigger tires then your small supercar, im using https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=15413&idColor=11#T=C&C=11  As these fits in the wheel arches very snuggly, giving a proper look, rather then stock 42093, which looks ridiculously undertired. 

Then in my MOC used solution could fit, as it offers turning point for wheels almost at center of the wheel.

@jurss

Ah i see, quite clever, making the turning point of the wheel virtual by having the wheel mounted on a trapezoid multilink!

I will experiment with that, and see if i can fit a 49.5 wheel in a 7 stud gap.

50 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

I will experiment with that, and see if i can fit a 49.5 wheel in a 7 stud gap.

If it helps; 7 studies approximately 56mm...

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

If it helps; 7 studies approximately 56mm... 

I know, and if my high school math is intact, the largest cross section of the 49.5 tire would be roughly 53.2mm (when rotated slightly, it would need at least this much space in the wheel space), so provided that the multilink geometry places the turning punt close enough to the exact center of the wheel, it should work.

3 hours ago, vectormatic said:

I know, and if my high school math is intact, the largest cross section of the 49.5 tire would be roughly 53.2mm (when rotated slightly, it would need at least this much space in the wheel space), so provided that the multilink geometry places the turning punt close enough to the exact center of the wheel, it should work.

+1 :thumbup:

@Jurss @I_Igor

I tried out the multilink steering with the corvette wheel-arch and 49.5 tire, and it works perfectly, the wheel sits snugly in the arch with a few mm all around, and while the multilink movement causes a small amount of inwards movements (which looks a tad unnatural), it stays within the 7 stud gap at all times.

Ill still have to figure out how to properly drive two sides of these multilinks, and what anchoring to use (tan 3L pins give too much play, blue 3L fixes that, but introduces a lot of friction), but im convinced this is the way to a good looking wheel/arch combo in this scale.

@vectormatic do you please have some images of your work so far?

As I remember you need 2 universal joints at each side between differential and wheel...and at least 4 links per side ...at scale that uses 49.5 tires it is a real challenge.

Edited by I_Igor

I wonder if it is better to use spike prime hub(s) in a MOC or a real set if there is more than 4 independently controlled motors and there is not enough space for an extra control+ hub.

I say this becasue the spike prime hub has 6 ports which can be Inputs or Outputs. where as the control+ hub has 4 ports that are outputs but may be made to work with new sensors in the future (???)

Assuming you can use control+ motors with the spike prime (and we all pray we will be able to).

LEGO are certainly considering the best solution as referenced in this video:

Edited by SNIPE

@I_Igor No pictures yet, so far ive only built a prototype for the rear axle/engine combo, and a small mockup for the front steering to see if Jurss's multilink design would work.

Im also not going to put any suspension in there, if i keep the scale correct, the car will be 15 studs wide meaning independent suspension is impossible with a diff, and i dont want to resort to live-axle/de-dion style designs either, as it would greatly complicate engine placement, which is tricky enough as it is, given the scale, and be entirely wrong for a modern sportscar.

At the front one might be able to adapt the multilink steering with a shock for some weird hybrid macpherson-multilink design and stay within 15 studs, but any suspension travel will seriously mess with ride height and arch gap, and given that the rear wont have any travel, it would end up giving the car negative rake as well.

If i get the time and headspace for it, ill try to build a basic rolling chassis this weekend, if that ends up working well, ill post some pics before diving into the bodywork.

8 hours ago, vectormatic said:

@I_Igor No pictures yet, so far ive only built a prototype for the rear axle/engine combo, and a small mockup for the front steering to see if Jurss's multilink design would work.

Im also not going to put any suspension in there, if i keep the scale correct, the car will be 15 studs wide meaning independent suspension is impossible with a diff, and i dont want to resort to live-axle/de-dion style designs either, as it would greatly complicate engine placement, which is tricky enough as it is, given the scale, and be entirely wrong for a modern sportscar.

At the front one might be able to adapt the multilink steering with a shock for some weird hybrid macpherson-multilink design and stay within 15 studs, but any suspension travel will seriously mess with ride height and arch gap, and given that the rear wont have any travel, it would end up giving the car negative rake as well.

If i get the time and headspace for it, ill try to build a basic rolling chassis this weekend, if that ends up working well, ill post some pics before diving into the bodywork.

I understand, my goal was to make Defender (but old one) in that scale with that tires (1:15), but I think we are more suitable for axle collection tread forum...hm...there was independent suspension idea with floating differential in mentioned forum ... Perhaps it could help you in your project.

Just one thing crossed my mind; where did you plan to put engine?

Regards

44 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

I understand, my goal was to make Defender (but old one) in that scale with that tires (1:15), but I think we are more suitable for axle collection tread forum...hm...there was independent suspension idea with floating differential in mentioned forum ... Perhaps it could help you in your project.

Just one thing crossed my mind; where did you plan to put engine? 

Regards 

Yeah, a floating diff rear axle might work, but that would still produce some sort of live axle dynamics which would be unsuited for a sportscar, as well as increase arch-gap, which i really want to keep small, and looking like a nice scale model rather then the corvette with its shopping cart wheels.

As for the engine, i am targetting a Porsche 718 Cayman, which has a 4 cilinder boxer engine. Going by some experiments with sariels scaler and some pictures, there is just enough space at this scale to fit a 4cil fake engine behind the back seats. It will probably sit too high for realism, but especially in the Cayman, it wont be too bad to have the engine a bit higher, as behind the seats is just empty space. Ive also been mulling the idea of some simple gearbox (just 2 speed), but i dont think ill have enough space behind the rear axle to work anything in, going by what i have now i would need ~6 studs behind the H-frame where the diff sits, and i think scale-wise i'll end up at 3 or so.