You cannot have an axle in-line with a pinhole. There's no room to connect the two.

You can have a pin in-line with a pinhole, because there's a small ridge in pinholes. The current 3L pin with bush makes use of this, and I think it would also work with a pinhole instead of the bush.

Other than that, I think we have enough pins for now. Adding ever more such parts would only confuse the matter, I think. I'd rather see a few new thin liftarms :)

...or liftarms with even number of pin holes, like liftarm 1x8?

20 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

That's a really cool part. It gives a whole new dimension to the term "wheel cover" and "rim".

11 hours ago, SNIPE said:

One day :)...

I certainly hope so...

Edited by pagicence

12 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

You cannot have an axle in-line with a pinhole. There's no room to connect the two.

You can have a pin in-line with a pinhole, because there's a small ridge in pinholes. The current 3L pin with bush makes use of this, and I think it would also work with a pinhole instead of the bush.

Other than that, I think we have enough pins for now. Adding ever more such parts would only confuse the matter, I think. I'd rather see a few new thin liftarms :)

You can, using a little trickery :classic:: the notches on the end of a pin are half as thick as the recess in which they snap into, so you would fill the remaining half with plastic which supports the axle.

Edited by SNIPE

2 hours ago, SNIPE said:

You can, using a little trickery :classic:: the notches on the end of a pin are half as thick as the recess in which they snap into, so you would fill the remaining half with plastic which supports the axle.

I think you're adding where you should be subtracting. On the left of the attached image is your suggestion (gray is the shape of a pinhole); on the right is its cross-section, which, as you can see, proves that your part falls apart into 2 separate parts.

Remember: axleholes don't have this recess, only pinholes do, so axles can't have ridges. Check your axle pins :) It would work with a pin, and to be honest, a "pinhole-with-inline-pin" would be a nice part to work as a "pin extender" of some sort. In fact, I drew this on my "wish parts" brickshelf folder in 2009 :)

technic_pin_extender.png

But to be honest, I still think that with all the recent small parts, the Technic pin collection feels rather complete now and has now come to a point where I think it shouldn't be extended further.

axle_on_pinhole.png

Oh, I see now, yes I was confusing myself.

I ran into this problem actually and the only way I can see to fix it would be to put a vertical support bar which would fit into the horizontal slit in pins. this bar would support the embedded axle or pin:

0mabL8R.png

another hybrid part solution is just to have a 1L pin or 1L axle with a 1L bar inline with it but those dont fit in the bar-holes of some types of pins.

Edited by SNIPE

Since its the year of frames, I always anticipated LEGO release a "half frame" part. I believe this would open a world of simplification and space saving.

12 hours ago, Samer said:

Since its the year of frames, I always anticipated LEGO release a "half frame" part. I believe this would open a world of simplification and space saving.

I agree, that is something that I miss very often and end with clumsy solution that uses to much space

13 hours ago, Samer said:

Something like this but without the ball socket. LEGO Beam Frame with Large Ball Joint (92910)

I have used these f(without modification) for making caster steering units with success.

A half frame would be very useful.

Edited by Doug72

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

I do not know if it has been answered before, but does anyone know in which set(s) black axle 3 with stop is coming from? There are several on BrickLink on sale

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=24316&idColor=88#T=S&C=11&O={"color":11,"iconly":0}

Thanks

Several? I count six in total. They would most likely be either painted, or printed by the person who's got them, or maybe they just forgot to set the color correctly when adding it to their inventory.

37 minutes ago, Carsten Svendsen said:

Several? I count six in total. They would most likely be either painted, or printed by the person who's got them, or maybe they just forgot to set the color correctly when adding it to their inventory.

I mean several sellers. Carsten thank you for rapid answer. :sweet:

Like they often do my Micro Motor stopped working so I decided to open it up and see if I could fix it.

33817045518_54e9677d19.jpg

After rotating the rotor to confirm the gearing was fine I noticed the magnet has started to deteriorate, the surface was flaking apart and blocking the rotor.  Used a small knife to scrape all the flaking magnet off until the rotor spun freely.

Using 2 staples in a rubber to hold the brushes in the base open I put it back together and it works fine.

33817045418_8733979034.jpg

46778442115_16fecfda36.jpg

Has everyone seen the 2019 City set images ... new Technic parts ... a Wheelarch in Dark Blue  possibly the same shade as the Boss Crawler ? ... and on the new Space sets the space station has a "docking ring" that has Technic pin holes

The dark blue wheel arch is 13 studs long so it is the one from Porsche 911 RSR

2 hours ago, Ivan_M said:

The dark blue wheel arch is 13 studs long so it is the one from Porsche 911 RSR

The City set has a 15 stud one from Chiron. I doubt Lego would release two such simillar parts in same color.

lego1.gif.f61c21deacdfa6ec8f5626aa93fe89c2.gif

I apologize for ma' mad paint skillz. How is it that there is no part like the one above yet?

3 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

The City set has a 15 stud one from Chiron. I doubt Lego would release two such simillar parts in same color.

I have checked it again and you are right, the front of the shop is 16 wide and the arch is 0,5 stud shorter on both sides

On 4/25/2019 at 4:53 PM, zoo said:

I apologize for ma' mad paint skillz. How is it that there is no part like the one above yet?

It makes no sense.

Edited by Peppermint_M
Please don't quote pictures

I can't remember every having come across a need for that part (3 x 2 T beam). I have come across the need for a 3 x 2 L beam various times though. Where the 3 x 3 T beam didn't fit, and the 2 x 4 L beam is too long.

But in the end, I was always able to find a solution using existing parts.

There is another part I would like to have though. I can't count the times I wished it'd exist.

wish_part_crossblock3x2.png

Edited by Erik Leppen

1 hour ago, Erik Leppen said:

I can't remember every having come across a need for that part (3 x 2 T beam). I have come across the need for a 3 x 2 L beam various times though. Where the 3 x 3 T beam didn't fit, and the 2 x 4 L beam is too long.

But in the end, I was always able to find a solution using existing parts.

There is another part I would like to have though. I can't count the times I wished it'd exist.

wish_part_crossblock3x2.png

These pieces already has that connection. I've only found a use for that part leppen a couple of times and I've always found a better way.

I don't think that part will appear any time soon

50904.png 61905.png92907.png

Edited by Carsten Svendsen

8 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

Fair enough. I could work with a 3x2 L instead of T. :)

Also, sometimes the axle hole in the 2x4 L beam gets in the way. I would find use of a 2x4 L half beam as well.

The thing is that there are no beams other than the 2x4 L beam that take up only 2 holes in hight while allowing for perpendicular bracing. Not sure how to better explain it. For example, a 2x6 or 2x10 L beam would also meet the criteria I refer to (as well as the 3x2 L or 3x2 T beam, mentioned earlier).

Edited by zoo