On 2/5/2019 at 10:03 PM, Doug72 said:

I agree, the Rough Terrain Crane uses 19 pce. I replaced many by 3L beam & 2 pins which I have plenty of, keeping the RTC ones for other possible uses, yet to be determined !

I'm sure I used one of these once because a half beam was slightly too thick for something. To get better with lego bricks you gotta think like a lego brick. it could maybe fit beside the teeth of a gear but without catching or grinding on the teeth.

Edited by SNIPE

2 hours ago, SNIPE said:

I[...] it could maybe fit beside the teeth of a gear but without catching or grinding on the teeth.

Spot on - it can sit flush next to a z24 gear and will barely touch it; flush next to a friction gear there's no contact at all.

The new LEGO Star Wars Anakin's Podracer 75258 appears to have clear Transparent) beams, are these new?

lego-star-wars-anakins-podracer-75258-ne

transparent parts are good cause you can see the mechanisms working more, eg a gearbox made with transparent beams.

When we have discussion about parts color; I wonder how is it possible that some MOCs have this part in yellow?

They look very cool, but there is one question a bit different: is there a parts like this only 5 studs in diameter?

40418810883_d04ba03a56_c.jpg

Some parts arrived, this would be at least 165€ on BL if such parts were actualy in stock. I wish TLG would make such parts from time to time to fill aftermarket :sceptic:

7 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

@Ivan_M Why don't you use the new wheel hub with ball-pin and ball-axle

I'm not sure but I think the old hubs (from 8297 and 8070, among others, if my memory isn't screwing with me again) allow you to have the towball arm flush with the driving axle, whereas the new hubs place it one stud higher (or lower). In some cases, the former may be preferrable.

8 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

@Ivan_M Why don't you use the new wheel hub with ball-pin and ball-axle

because the current hubs require 5 horizontal studs between hub arms and those old hubs require only 3 studs. When you want to make steered and driven axle with 62,2mm wheels it is huge difference, because 5 studs high axle leave almost no ground clearance.

7 minutes ago, Ivan_M said:

because the current hubs require 5 horizontal studs between hub arms and those old hubs require only 3 studs. When you want to make steered and driven axle with 62,2mm wheels it is huge difference, because 5 studs high axle leave almost no ground clearance.

That is logical, but you could also use 5l steering arms from Arocs and make (relatively) narrow axle

On 3/15/2019 at 9:07 PM, I_Igor said:

That is logical, but you could also use 5l steering arms from Arocs and make (relatively) narrow axle

yea I meant vertical 5 studs, my bad

7 hours ago, Ivan_M said:

yea I meant vertical 5 studs, my bad

No problem :wink:

There is actually a thread dedicated to this very topic. As excited as I get for new parts, it's amazing how many people are so enthusiastic for these elements. I do look forward to seeing them in recolors though.

Seems to be a new type of a free-rolling wheel with side details. I think there are 2 of the same, each on one side, using 3 pins to attach to the tyre.

Edited by Zerobricks

On 3/16/2019 at 10:36 PM, Ivan_M said:

This post is actually for @dimaks13 - it looks like tire is keeping together with wheel from left and right side ...

Sadly LEGO dominant tires are still balloon tires :sad:

Edited by I_Igor
I could not make editor clearing

One day :)

qoYoaR0.png

note that some of the pinholes are occupied but this is just because of limitations of current parts which I used to make the 'concept parts'. They should really be not occupied however.

Also the axles that are inline (but not perpendicular to) with the pin holes should be slightly longer to equal 1L.

Edited by SNIPE