2 hours ago, LvdH said:

That’s a very interesting piece. The pump too. I’m curious if they have any other uses, perhaps even Technic ones. 

An air suspension maybe

I wonder if this meshes with a 16T/20T clutch gear, That would be sweet because you can then hook a liftarm up to it which can spin, or a 36 tooth gear.

This part is for the new lego city fire 2019 pneumatic water cannon.

Edited by SNIPE

Anyway, need to get some, they could be usable for some lights housing, as large exhaust, maybe somewhere else for some realistic design.

I think they are interesting pieces. I expect they can be used both as spur gears or as bevel gears, similar to the 12t and 20t double-bevels. Also, I wonder if they can be meshed with the knob-gear. I hope so.

I think from what we have seen there are (already) 3 sizes. The purple one seems to be 8t or maybe 6t, the dark-gray one seems to be 12t, and the party bus seems to have 16t, or maybe 20t, in that new "light salmon" color (not sure how it will be called).

I also expect (and hope) they have a round hole, because I think that is easier to understand for kids, and more versatile in system builds, because it's easy to lock it to an axle with a 2x2 round brick or plate, or with a bush.

8 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

I think they are interesting pieces. I expect they can be used both as spur gears or as bevel gears, similar to the 12t and 20t double-bevels. Also, I wonder if they can be meshed with the knob-gear. I hope so.

I think from what we have seen there are (already) 3 sizes. The purple one seems to be 8t or maybe 6t, the dark-gray one seems to be 12t, and the party bus seems to have 16t, or maybe 20t, in that new "light salmon" color (not sure how it will be called).

I also expect (and hope) they have a round hole, because I think that is easier to understand for kids, and more versatile in system builds, because it's easy to lock it to an axle with a 2x2 round brick or plate, or with a bush.

Purple one has 6 tooth, included 3 set(ninjago 1, friends 1, lego the movie 2 1)

Medium azure / Dark bluish gray one has 10 tooth, included 2 set(friends 1, ninjago 1)

Coral one has 14 tooth, included 1 set(lego the movie 2 1)

And all gear has normal round hole not axle hole

And all gear can mesh with knob wheel(see 70828's instruction)

Total gear ratio is 4 : 6 : 10 : 14

1 : 1.5 : 2.5 : 3.5

ps. all gear has same tooth with technic sprockets.

And I think this gears have thick tooth than normal gears so useful in technic models too.

Edited by msk6003
let's move lego

10 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

wonder if they can be meshed with the knob-gear.

Yep! These are definitely interesting pieces. I have the gears, so I can test them to see if they work with other parts. 

(P.S. They have round holes too)

Hello!
I have a question about sprocket wheels.

Now we have 3 dimensions: the small one (about 3L), the regular one (about 5L), and the new big one (about 7L)

Are there any other mid-sized wheels/sprocket wheels for the technic treads? So other ways to make tracked vehicles without using these 3 sprocket wheels?

Thank you.

For the bigger thread no. You can also drive them by wheel(s) with tire, motorcycle wheels are usually used when you need very large wheel, it is necessary to have narrow tire. You can also use smaller thread, it can be driven by any spur gear (16,24,40, 56 turntable). 8T gear fits as well, but it is too small to wrap the thread around it.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=741#T=C&C=11

3873.png

20 minutes ago, mpj said:

Hello!
I have a question about sprocket wheels.

Now we have 3 dimensions: the small one (about 3L), the regular one (about 5L), and the new big one (about 7L)

Are there any other mid-sized wheels/sprocket wheels for the technic treads? So other ways to make tracked vehicles without using these 3 sprocket wheels?

Thank you.

it is possible to use gears with this tread with this gears (I do not think that gear 8 tooth is usable)

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3648#T=C:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=94925#T=C&C=86 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3649#T=C

end this

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=48452cx1#T=C

like here

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/iipsa/Industry/Tractors/Case-IH/STX-530/12.jpg

but for this tread only sprocket wheels that you have mentioned can be used 

Edited by I_Igor
image is to big, so I have put link to image...

Thank you for your answers, yes I was meaning the large treads. 

So I will try some wheels with tyre.

6 hours ago, I_Igor said:

I do not think that gear 8 tooth is usable

I remember somebody writing, that older/first mold is usable.

Just now, Jurss said:

I remember somebody writing, that older/first mold is usable.

Yes first mold, but as @Ivan_M mentioned correctly, it is to small to wrap tread around it. 

B&P are back online and various 2019 parts are already there, woo! For example pin with pinhole in white (15100 from Porsche)

\\oh my, big sprockets from tracked racer are also there, also the prices seems lower than usualy, this is better than christmas :classic:

\\YELLOW #2 CONNECTOR IN STOCK

\\ general tips:

15100 - first available in blue and white, awfully expensive on BL

15100.png

32291 - in white, long time since its last appearance

32291.png

22961 - in black, new recolor, BL price is usually higher

22961.png

24119 - in white, new recolor

24119.png

43857 - in white, recolor from 2018, still quite rare on BL

43857.png

42529 - big sprocket

64683 + 64391 - panels 3+4 in dbg, new recolor

64683.png

42531 - fenders from Corvette

11478 - in white, new recolor

11478.png

35186 - new drive ring extension - HUGE price drop

35188 - new wave selector, HUGE price drop

enjoy

Edited by Ivan_M

Hi, this part has been bothering me for a long time now, as I just can't seem to think what purpose it could possibly have

This part could easily be replaced by a normal 3L beam and two pins right?

15461.jpg?2

Just now, Carsten Svendsen said:

Hi, this part has been bothering me for a long time now, as I just can't seem to think what purpose it could possibly have

15461.jpg?2

I agree, the Rough Terrain Crane uses 19 pce. I replaced many by 3L beam & 2 pins which I have plenty of, keeping the RTC ones for other possible uses, yet to be determined !

18 hours ago, Carsten Svendsen said:

I often use it to mount wheels onto, where the tire would rub against a 3 L beam with 2 pins. 

Edited by Johnny1360

1 hour ago, Johnny1360 said:

I often use it to mount wheels onto, where the tire would rub against a 3 L beam with 2 pins. 

Exactly :wink: it is very usefull when trying to make as narrow as possible axle and good example is truck wheel (like in Arocs). Another excellent quality - it is very stiff so I use them often when I have to connect and make stiffer two "levels" if beams. It is actually very usefull part. It would be also great to have variant with axles instead of pins.

Yes, I also figured a good narrow suspension with steering .. i use that part as a wheel hub 

note: thats a u-joint !! 

IMG_20190104_194320

Edited by sirslayer