PF elements are expensive enough already; we've seen the effect on the prices of 42065 and 42070. I don't get it, personally. Why is TLG doing this? :wacko:

EDIT: I do know. TLG is attempting to compete in a market in which children are glued to mobile devices, and they're making a strain of PF that can exploit that. It's still questionable logic as far as I'm concerned. Didn't this slavish scramble to be relevant nearly kill the company way back when? :look:

Edited by Maaboo35

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

No, I meant slavish. Look it up.

...or slavery...:wink:

12 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

[...] slavish scramble [...]

8 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think you mean lavish

A lavish feast of scrambled eggs.

On a more jocular note infused with romance philology, no hope for an S motor then?

On 8/15/2018 at 10:30 AM, MangaNOID said:

trying to source the new pneumatic switches from the 42080 set but none appear on bricklink yet 

Does it usually take a while for new parts to show up there?

Also the parts list doesn’t show that piece even on brickset or bricklink

New switch has been added to Bricklink's catalog. None are available for sale yet, but it give it some time.

I bought my Mack earlier this year and as I just took it out yesterday for a display the white panels of the container already turned yellow -.-

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

LEGO Black Cross Holes with Double Ø 3.2 Shaft Hole (24122)

24122.jpeg.e4e5c0dd982a42698c93ac2eb5a8c5d5.jpeg

I recently brought 4 of these thinking they would be useful  but so far unable to figure how they are used as the two cross hole parts don’t fit the holes in beams or accept pins.
Does anyoine know how they are used ?

Edited by Doug72

52 minutes ago, Doug72 said:

LEGO Black Cross Holes with Double Ø 3.2 Shaft Hole (24122)

I recently brought 4 of these thinking they would be useful  but so far unable to figure how they are used as the two cross hole parts don’t fit the holes in beams or accept pins.
Does anyoine know how they are used ?

Those parts are designed to accept 3.2 mm bars, like the kind of connection that can be gripped by a minifigure hand. As such they tend to be used more decoratively (for example, as railings in system sets or to attach minifig-scale weapons in Constraction sets), but you could still find use for them in Technic—for instance, to attach flex cable.

24 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Those parts are designed to accept 3.2 mm bars, like the kind of connection that can be gripped by a minifigure hand. As such they tend to be used more decoratively (for example, as railings in system sets or to attach minifig-scale weapons in Constraction sets), but you could still find use for them in Technic—for instance, to attach flex cable.

Thanks for the explanation.

Came across one of these a few days ago while rifling through my parts, couldn't remember where it came from or what good it was, thanks to this thread I now remember it was a trigger mechanism from Jynn Erso's gun. 

Does anyone know if this is a legal construction? It works well when building with physical parts. To make things clear, I'm wondering if the worm gear and the blue cross block can be set up in this way.

wormgear.png

35 minutes ago, HallBricks said:

Does anyone know if this is a legal construction? It works well when building with physical parts. To make things clear, I'm wondering if the worm gear and the blue cross block can be set up in this way.

Tried it and works OK - you need a LEGO Technic Hole with Pin (15100) in the blue cross block to support the other end of the yellow axle.
Its quite a compact solution.

Edited by Doug72

29 minutes ago, Doug72 said:

Tried it and works OK - you need a LEGO Technic Hole with Pin (15100) in the blue cross block to support the other end of the yellow axle.
Its quite a compact solution.

Thank you! I've tried it too and it seems to work, it would be interesting to know if this technique has been used in any real sets.

One different question - is there any Technic part in which could driving ring extension 

s-l500.jpg

fit inside like universal joint fits in portal axle hub?

Thanks in advance :classic:

On 6/28/2018 at 10:24 PM, Leewan said:

Here's the link to his flickr gallery : https://www.flickr.com/photos/148691465@N05/

There are some very special Technic parts :

40255569480_bbbb10fcce_z.jpg

42048783885_4cb55b527d_z.jpg

I don't know if all of these parts are on sale on his BL store, though.

That used to be my liftarm :wink:

odd_76.JPG

But now the crazy belgian has it for his amazing collection

He runs a very nice shop with loads of rare parts (and is a very honest and legit seller btw), but I think this one will stay in his personal collection :head_back:

Interestingly this part was made before the year 2000 and is 16L in length so it's somewhat not fitting the current odd size liftarm system. I guess TLG was still finding their way with this new fancy un-studded future back then. It's also rather roughly finished so it didn't come from a fully fleshed out mould

Cheers,

Ole

Part 59443 axle connector smooth 2L has finally appeared in white!

It is in This architecture set.

@1974Wow, that is an interesting piece and a lot of micro motors! Ah, what could I do to get more weird elements!:laugh:

I noticed that part on Bricks and pieces a while ago, not for sale, wondering if it was used in a set. Great piece to have. The ridged one is kind of rare. 

Surfing through BrickLink, I have found a store with red wheel racing small...

https://store.bricklink.com/BrickLandEU?itemID=126435524#/shop?o={"invID":"126435524"}

But even if this is not painted part, price is way to high...:wacko:

If the part is genuine LEGO (without painting) does anyone know in which set it appears?

Thanks

Edited by I_Igor

6 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

If the part is genuine LEGO (without painting) does anyone know in which set it appears?

Since it is in Red, the colour which usually used for prototypes or production testing, this is most likely to be produced by TLG.

Does anybody have an idea on this building technique? I’m struggling with brackets (inversed) but  can’t seem to find a solution for the ‘tile’ between the 2 text rows. Depth of this ‘text’ is 2 bricks.

31A43EBA-6692-4939-B58C-A9838CD5D447.jpeg

2 hours ago, zux said:

Since it is in Red, the colour which usually used for prototypes or production testing, this is most likely to be produced by TLG.

So it is the same situation as with red frames 5 X 7...