And friction level depends on mold used for axle on which bush is going...?

I also feel that half bushes give more friction than regular bushes. Might be due to how they are molded, as I feel the regular bushes are (in some form) weak (or weaker) because of the thinner plastic in the middle as well as the slot. Same goes for connectors with cross holes in the same style as bushes.

I was wondering if anyone with a dial caliper or something could provide me with dimensions for the 8653 wheel covers? More specifically would need the outer diameter and thickness of the area that covers the tire, and the diameter/thickness of the area that goes within the tire as seen in this pic50965.png

I have access to a 3D printer and was wondering if I could try my hand at creating something similar for myself

@Rishab N

The depth of the center cone part, between the rim and the axle, is 4,7 mm deep.

The lenght of the axle is 15,7 mm long

The thickness of the whole rim is 3,1 mm thick

The very outer part of the rim is 1,4 mm thick

9e03240474.png

You're welcome

Edited by Carsten Svendsen

Anyone else misses ball joints and hard 9L springs for the last few years?

I think the last time we saw the ball joints was in 2015 and hard 9L springs in 2013.

Edited by Zerobricks
Not that anyone reads this, but added 9L at springs

Indeed. Since the crawler and the mog, there have been many MOC's that use the same springs (Lucio, i'm looking at you :grin:) and i've resorted to aftermarket re-springing the older version (the 2909c0n)

2 hours ago, bonox said:

Indeed. Since the crawler and the mog, there have been many MOC's that use the same springs (Lucio, i'm looking at you :grin:) and i've resorted to aftermarket re-springing the older version (the 2909c0n)

What aftermarket springs do you use? I built Sheepo's Jeep with softer ones, thinking that it would hold, but the entire car sags to one side

I buy half meter lengths from the local hardware supply place. Pretty generic stuff - take an existing one to reference and hand feel the stiffness for what you're comfortable with. You then need to cut to length and if you're doing a good job, flatten the outer coil at each end to provide a square end for the plastic to bear on. Needle nose pliers work for me.

On 7/18/2018 at 3:40 AM, Rishab N said:

I was wondering if anyone with a dial caliper or something could provide me with dimensions for the 8653 wheel covers? More specifically would need the outer diameter and thickness of the area that covers the tire, and the diameter/thickness of the area that goes within the tire as seen in this pic50965.png

I have access to a 3D printer and was wondering if I could try my hand at creating something similar for myself

What kind of a printer do you use? I was thinking about maybe getting one but I'm a bit sceptical about printed parts not being accurate enough.

Don't wanna dilute the 42079 thread so Imma continue here.

I'm so so confused. My measurement says 29L. I recall putting two 16L stud beam from 42009 together, and there are 3 stud left. The string in 42079 is 30L. That part on bricklink is named Black String with End Studs 31L Overall 

Bricklink says the length varies from 30L to 31L. A buyer even sells one that is 29L. @___@

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

The issue here is that I intend to use the string from 42009 for 42079, but since it seems to be 1L shorter than the string in the official set, I don't know if it could substitute.

9 hours ago, LosTuksux said:

What kind of a printer do you use? I was thinking about maybe getting one but I'm a bit sceptical about printed parts not being accurate enough.

I am using an Ultimaker 3 at my university. Covers are currently printing, and I filled about 80-90% so hopefully it works out

I have a printer called Lulzbot Mini and it is very reliable! I haven’t taken it apart once in the year that I have had it! The only downside is that it prints objects at 0.1mm over the standard 0.4mm nozzle size, but it only affects my projects once in a while. I have printed LEGO compatible parts with it and with down tweaking they work great!

Time to make a custom pin using some 3mm brass rod! I'm really surprised, usually the bevel gears fail long before the diff does.

Not sure were to put this so i've tucked it in here (please move if needed)

Argos (UK) have a clearance sale on at the moment and the following are in the sale;

42069 @ £79.99, Lego shop price £139.99, and

42070 @ £ 139.99, Lego shop price £219.99

Stocks are limited

23 hours ago, LucyCol said:

Not sure were to put this so i've tucked it in here (please move if needed)

Argos (UK) have a clearance sale on at the moment and the following are in the sale;

42069 @ £79.99, Lego shop price £139.99, and

42070 @ £ 139.99, Lego shop price £219.99

Stocks are limited

42070 £119.99 today.

1 hour ago, Doug72 said:

42070 £119.99 today.

That is cheap. finally a realistic price.

2 hours ago, Doug72 said:

42070 £119.99 today.

I should of held off for a day, mind I'm only using it for parts :classic:

That’s the only reason I would buy it, maybe if it drops any further.

How I wish I lived in UK. The 42070 for £120 looks really great. I would definitely have bought 2 sets at this price. Unfortunately in India this set costs around £276.