Out of interest... a friend of mine did some tests the other day, and managed to dye some yellow, and LBG half-bushes to black!

they came out looking quite authentic.. and he even sliced one open afterwards, and the black dye had penetrated more than half way through!

and yes, he's aware he could make a killing on bricklink market... ;)

I did that too for 4 bushings. For me it was a little too shiny, but that's just me being bad at spray painting :laugh: 

17 hours ago, RohanBeckett said:

Out of interest... a friend of mine did some tests the other day, and managed to dye some yellow, and LBG half-bushes to black!

they came out looking quite authentic.. and he even sliced one open afterwards, and the black dye had penetrated more than half way through!

and yes, he's aware he could make a killing on bricklink market... ;)

What kind of dye did he use? I'm generally against painting parts, unless it is a non Lego color for a special project, or a color the part is not manufactured in, or if it is, annoyingly rare on Bricklink. Even then, it has to be done well. Dye would work far better than spray paint, depending on what it is. Boiling water with dye might distort parts, but he might be using something different.

Speaking of, @mahjqa had some custom painted panels on one of his creations, and they were painted, but he got them from a friend, and said friend was cagey about how he did it.

I just slice the pin end off a black pin 3L with bush for a full size one. Cheap and cheerful - works a treat. Quick work with a sharp knife.

dye obviously works better for half bushes which have no equivalent to manufacture

Edited by bonox

58 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

This tyre is returning after a 6-year absence in a new Ninjago set later this year. And there was me thinking it was gone for good. :laugh:

That could only mean - no smaller tractor tires since LEGO sticks to baloon tires... :cry_sad:

11 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

That could only mean - no smaller tractor tires since LEGO sticks to baloon tires... :cry_sad:

That's what I was thinking, sadly.

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

That's what I was thinking, sadly.

so my future projects are allready gone - down the drain...

On 6/6/2018 at 3:24 PM, Void_S said:

• 35185 - 35185.t1.png Technic, Gear 20 Tooth Double Bevel with Clutch on Both Sides. Finally!!!

This could be very usefull together eoth driving ring and older style differential 4L when building Tatra style driven axles :wink:

Is the falling log just something for the box art, or is it a function?  Considering the number of pneumatic parts plus PF, this could be a good starter set.  And,who is going to be the first to motorize the chainsaw :grin:

3 hours ago, JGW3000 said:

And,who is going to be the first to motorize the chainsaw

Good luck routing an axle through the arm.

8 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

You can always stick a motor on top! :classic:

8 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Not to mention the fact that it connects with a pinhole. :sceptic:

Just briefly perused the summer catalogue today and noticed the flex axle 12 is available in dark pink for the first time in 41347 (x4). 

lego-dark-pink-flexible-axle-12-32200-27

Dark pink? I know it exists in magenta (the even-darker pink) in 41239 - https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=155365#T=I, along with the angle connector #5 and the pair of 2x5x7 panels (#13 and #14).

Bricklink doesn't know of a set that dark-pink 12L flex axles.

Edit: but I checked the set (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=165217#T=S) and it sure looks like dark pink indeed. Good find.

Edited by Erik Leppen

2 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

Dark pink? I know it exists in magenta (the even-darker pink) in 41239 - https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=155365#T=I, along with the angle connector #5 and the pair of 2x5x7 panels (#13 and #14).

Bricklink doesn't know of a set that dark-pink 12L flex axles.

I had a look on bricklink and they don't even have an inventory up for 41347 yet so I used BrickOwl as my source.

Has anyone else ever wanted more data on an elements usage other than just what sets it appears in?

I really wish we could add a few columns to the BL DB to help identify the location of a part or element in a model.  I am not talking like x,y,z coordinates or the like, but have a column for Book number, page number, and step number where this part first shows up in the instructions. So many times I have looked up a part on Bricklink, crossed it to a model set to determine if I have the part in one of my displayed models, then picked up the model or instructions and either page through looking at each step till I find it, or stare at the blasted thing for 10 minutes only to figure out it is completely hidden by other parts.

At least with with book, page, and step you could find the part easier.

Also, another column could be bag number or Box and bag number in order to reverse the build process and rebag the model as it came misb. This is to facilitate recreating the experience of building it bag per bag instead of having to disassemble it using the instructions backwards. That is what I did to my previously built up 911 that I bought used in order to get the same misb experience.

Anyone else ever wished for this?

Edited by Bublehead
Typo