Yeah, I saw that moded SA. The reason I'm asking is because I saw Didumos's post in his parts list in his [WIP] Greyhound topic and the price is listed at 20E for a big SA. And it blew my mind. They are insane! So why shouldn't we start making our own SAs. Homemade, DIY SAs.

Edited by pagicence
typo

Guys, maybe I missed it but didn't find here, but some new parts of 42083 arrived at BrickLink:

• 35186 - 35186.t1.pngTechnic Driving Ring Extension with 8 Teeth Inside and Outside. That has less backslash rather the older one with 4 teeth.   
  • 35188 - 35188.t1.png Technic Changeover Rotary Catch.
  • 35185 - 35185.t1.png Technic, Gear 20 Tooth Double Bevel with Clutch on Both Sides. Finally!!!
  • 35189 - 35189.t1.png Technic, Steering Wheel Hub 3 Pin Holes Round. Holes instead of pins, that dramatically reduce the use scope, but compatible with new wheels (see below).
  • 37383pb01 - 37383pb01.t1.png Wheel 62.3mm D. x 42mm Technic Racing Large with Silver Outline Pattern. Not very useful like the previous one, but works with Braked-hubs (see above).
Edited by Void_S
"4 theeth" for sure...

You mean less backslash then older with 4 teeth :wink:

Nice find :thumbup:

16 hours ago, Void_S said:

35188.t1.png Technic Changeover Rotary Catch.

Interesting, that in interviews they told, it took about half a year to got to this final shape.

7 hours ago, Richard Dower said:

I bought some of the new parts in new colours---

https://imgur.com/a/cnlSeJO

It is nice to have thin liftarms with axlehole at the end in red color :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Jurss said:

20 hours ago, Void_S said:

35188.t1.png Technic Changeover Rotary Catch.

What surprised me was the actual size of the part.  It looked so much smaller in the instruction pictures but it is a big as a 20z clutch gear, which I found out when I opened Box 1.

Edited by Bublehead
Wrong gear size

1 hour ago, Bublehead said:

What surprised me was the actual size of the part.  It looked so much smaller in the instruction pictures but it is a big as a 20z clutch gear, which I found out when I opened Box 1.

Yes, and it looks like 20T gear (notice the same inner "cross") but with an inclined rim instead of the teeth crown.

For all you crane builders out there, I saw this solution for rotating mechanism today on rebrickable. It's a new MOC Crawlercrane Wide Tele by peteria. The solution uses round tiles in between two gear racks.

800x600.jpg

3 minutes ago, pagicence said:

For all you crane builders out there, I saw this solution for rotating mechanism today on rebrickable. It's a new MOC Crawlercrane Wide Tele by peteria. The solution uses round tiles in between two gear racks.

I believe sariel used that a while ago.

Yes, it's a neat solution. The main problem with it is that it creates a ~0.2 stud gap between the two rings. This could be solved by mounting one of the rings out-of-system (0.2 stud higher or lower), for example by inserting 2 plates between the ring and its mounts.

Fortunately, 42082 will provide us with another solution. As I understood it, they used train wheels there.

Just now, Richard Dower said:

Check out the others parts I got

This is so cool! "Before-color-coding" era must have been a lot of fun. I have just a few pieces from those times, mainly 3L axles in black.

Just now, ibessonov said:

This is so cool! "Before-color-coding" era must have been a lot of fun. I have just a few pieces from those times, mainly 3L axles in black.

I have a bag of 3Land 5L axles in Black... I can't find any 7L, sadly... Only appear in one set. 

The parts in the top pic are all second hand, the bag on the top left has #43093 and #3749. I am getting in White #32062. 

1 hour ago, Richard Dower said:

Check out the others parts I got, note the rare White colour on these parts. I have a bunch of Friction and non Friction pins in Black and White. 

https://imgur.com/a/LKvmBFf

Interestingly, I noticed yesterday that 3L axles with stud (normally dark tan) are coming in white in Classic set 10712.

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=6587&colorID=1&in=A

40 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

Interestingly, I noticed yesterday that 3L axles with stud (normally dark tan) are coming in white in Classic set 10712.

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=6587&colorID=1&in=A

Good stuff... I also got a big lot, brand new, of White Bush and half Bush parts. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think half bushes exist in Black ?

Just now, Richard Dower said:

I've got a couple. They were in a castle set or something...

1 minute ago, Richard Dower said:

Good stuff... I also got a big lot, brand new, of White Bush and half Bush parts. 

They do, but they are super expensive! I was lucky to find two in a bulk dump.

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=4265c&colorID=11&in=A

@LvdH Yeah, I think Viking Fortress against the Fanfir Dragon.

Edited by TechnicRCRacer

6 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Oooh, just noticed... Set 720005 Nexo Knights set has the hard shock absorber in red!

It also has 4 of the 15L beams in Dark Blue, so the price should drop further. 

Funny, I am probably one of the few who are dissapointed to see NK discontinued. I always found them to be great parts pack for not so common elements both Technic and System.

I just went through sorting my pins. They need to be cleaned, but I had to sort friction from non friction. 

I have 54 Black friction and 6 non friction. I have 11 White friction and none of the White frictionless pins. 

42056 uses a lot more then 54 pins, so I might have to choose wisely where i use them. 

I want the outer body frame to be all white, but since I lack the pins I will use black where needed. 

I had to use a magnifying glass to see the friction ridges on the pins.

I have 26 Black bushes... Should be enough. 

Edited by Richard Dower

On 6/8/2018 at 5:59 PM, TechnicRCRacer said:

Oooh, just noticed... Set 720005 Nexo Knights set has the hard shock absorber in red!

Nice find :thumbup: 

I have never thought to look for such things in Nexo Knights 72005 set