8 minutes ago, zweihander said:

The instruction you linked for 9398, not 9393. But I checked the instructions and it seems they also show the one without stoppers. Thank you :)

Aw nuts, that's what I get for afternoon drinking D: Glad to help, even if by accident.

Just simple question - does anyone knows if there is part like this?

plate-modified-1x2-with-1-stud-offset

Thanks

Just as an informal announce, user Manybicks spotted that coming set 42082 (Rough Terrain Crane) will have a number of 24121 Gear Rack 11 x 11 Curved (4 of them, most probably) in black color. It's time to build big cranes without a color vomit situation, isn't it? :classic:

Can anyone identify this part - I think is Lego and is a helmet of same kind, approx 4 x 3 x 3L with one pin hole & one axle hole.
There are no markings on it.

Potential use for a GBC lift I have in mind and able to hold two balls.

26932304108_a3b9d0fb9d_b.jpg

Edited by Doug72

another question - is there a plate 1 x 2 with open studs except this

4 hours ago, Void_S said:

Just as an informal announce, user Manybicks spotted that coming set 42082 (Rough Terrain Crane) will have a number of 24121 Gear Rack 11 x 11 Curved (4 of them, most probably) in black color. It's time to build big cranes without a color vomit situation, isn't it? :classic:

Agree with that, despite that I like smaller MOCs

@Doug72

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=44790#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

From the Hockey Sports range (which also included the very useful return-to-centre spring unit)

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=x928cx1&idColor=11#T=S&C=11&O={"color":11,"iconly":0}

I actually have a couple of these.. I'll go and see how good they are for scooping!

58 minutes ago, RohanBeckett said:

@Doug72

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=44790#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

From the Hockey Sports range (which also included the very useful return-to-centre spring unit)

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=x928cx1&idColor=11#T=S&C=11&O={"color":11,"iconly":0}

I actually have a couple of these.. I'll go and see how good they are for scooping!

Thanks for that info.
Not many available in the UK and then most dealers only have 1 or 2.

I was thinking of using them for a vertical lift and then tip when they reach the top.

I have one of the hockey return to centre spring unit in orange.

Edited by Doug72

I thought that I may be useful to someone to share my recent discovery: a 3rd party replacement for pneumatic tubing. I needed different lengths and didn't want to cut up genuine parts. I bought the Black tubing just to test the quality and it is indistinguishable from LEGO tubing, it bends the same, kinks at the same angle, the colour is identical although had a bit of an odour before washing it in soapy water.  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2x4-Food-Grade-Silicone-Tube-Hose-Pipe-ID-2mm-OD-4mm-New-High-Quality/1000003854079.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.262.YZY9zN

I also found grey tubing, the only listing for it at the correct size for LEGO (2mm ID x 4mm OD ) but I have not bought it as it's 10m

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Grey-Silicone-rubber-tube-inner-x-outer-dia-2x4-3x5-4x6-5x8-6x9-7x10-7x11-8x10/32834128498.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.272.YZY9zN

what are peoples opinion on 3rd party pneumatic tubing? I've seen people using clear and some yellow in builds.

43 minutes ago, That_LEGO_Guy said:

what are peoples opinion on 3rd party pneumatic tubing?

I think that was discussed in another topic before, but I can't seem to find it...

Nice find! I have bought tubbing from this shop:

http://www.blokbricks.com/contents/en-us/d2.html

I cannot distinguish it from original TLG tubbing at all. In the end I still prefer tubbing from my old sets from early 90's, it is much better than recent tubbing - softer with better curve radius.

I think that 3rd party tubbing is generally accepted just like strings - you need plenty of it and there is no dirrerence between lego tubbing and 3rd party one

I also bought a bunch from Blokbricks. Although black, white, grey and red are very good, blue is more like purple. When you are actually using them as pneumatic hoses, that's not an issue, but when they're in a blue MOC replacing soft axles the difference is very noticeable and quite annoying. 

Hm...I thought that this topic is excludively for LEGO parts...there is probably something printed very small so I did not notice it

On 4-3-2018 at 11:38 AM, Gnac said:

#4 Angle Connectors in Medium Stone Grey from that there UCS Hulkbustah

HUZZAH, another hard-to-find piece that will be more abundant and affordable when it appears on Bricks & Pieces in 8 months!

Now give us the yellow ones.

@TechnicRCRacer :wink: 

2 minutes ago, Error404 said:

On the page it says dark stone grey :look:

That is LEGO's name for dark bluish grey. Just like they have bright blue, bright yellow, and bright red, which are just blue yellow and red on Bricklink.

It also appears that cranks now appear in DBG in one of the new Jurassic World sets. I am not sure of the name, but there are stickers that say “Gyrosphere” on some of the parts. Inside the ball on either side of the seats there are DBG crank pieces. 

14 hours ago, LvdH said:

That is LEGO's name for dark bluish grey. Just like they have bright blue, bright yellow, and bright red, which are just blue yellow and red on Bricklink.

Ok, thanks for the explanation.

I do wonder why Bricklink and other sites use different names though, makes it all confusing to me.

18 hours ago, Leewan said:

2M beams now exist in dark bley6179631

It's weird, as from the picture there's no reason this couldn't have been the existing 2L with cross axle part? Or is the second pinhole used for something on the gun??