24 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

@I_IgorIt will probably take a long time for the test molds to escape the company, if they even do. 

Unfortunatelly you're right

3 hours ago, Ivan_M said:

Porsche rims are only in black, other colors are from bootleg companies from China.

I understand that and that is the reason for taking over toys market bit by bit...

They are probably recognizable by specific smell like china shops...

Today i found this part... the part number isn't known to bricklink or rebrickable... but i know where it is from :)

Do you think it could be useful in some places? And if so... what could you use it for?

Basicly it is a 4x3 T-beam.

800x450.jpg

8 hours ago, TechnicSummse said:

but i know where it is from :)

3D printer?

If it's official part, then could be from bionicles.

8 hours ago, TechnicSummse said:

And if so... what could you use it for?

You never know, just when You have it.

Edited by Jurss

12 hours ago, TechnicSummse said:

Today i found this part... the part number isn't known to bricklink or rebrickable... but i know where it is from :)

Do you think it could be useful in some places? And if so... what could you use it for?

That part is available in the LDraw library, which lead me to 

6282.png

i.e. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=6282#T=P&C=11

David

16 hours ago, TechnicSummse said:

Looks 3D printed to me as the surface texture is grainy.

Edited by Doug72

7 hours ago, djm said:

That part is available in the LDraw library, which lead me to 

6282.png

i.e. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=6282#T=P&C=11

David

exactly :)

When i got a spare one with a rc-unit i baught, i wondered how these grey parts left+right are connected to the upper pinholes... and i disassembled the steering unit.

What you see in the picture is the part wich fixes the suspension arms. It lays loose in the casing, and got its own part-id, like all other regular beams.

I was pretty much surprised, this part has 3 pinholes, but you can only use 2 of them at the outside of the steering-unit... one is hidden unused inside the casing.

1 hour ago, TechnicSummse said:

I was pretty much surprised, this part has 3 pinholes, but you can only use 2 of them at the outside of the steering-unit... one is hidden unused inside the casing.

Just a thought - perhaps they were considering using it as a part in it's own right elsewhere, but never did. Or I assume it was never used.

@TechnicSummse Great find! It would be grat to have a bunch of these at hand - unfortunately, those would be relatively hard to get, or at least expensive. Those steering units go for about 4 € and there are just a few sellers on BL that have more than a couple. Best regards, miha

2 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

@TechnicSummse Great find! It would be grat to have a bunch of these at hand - unfortunately, those would be relatively hard to get, or at least expensive. Those steering units go for about 4 € and there are just a few sellers on BL that have more than a couple. Best regards, miha

It seems... someone allready did that... when i postet my picture... there were 3 BL shops with 8-15 of them for 2-3€... they are gone now...

I was thinking about ordering a few... but i got 4 steering units, if i really need such a part... and i didnt want to spend ~50€ to have some unused parts laying arround :(

Not sure if this is relevant, but I've found that none of the 2017 flagships (42066, 42068, 42069, 42070) has a single axle-axle connector.

4107081.jpg

Worst of all, only 4 sets have them in a grand total of 21! They seem to be getting more and more rare

https://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-4107081/theme-Technic

It might be a little weird, but this makes me kinda sad :sad:

Edited by jotta93

15 hours ago, jotta93 said:

Not sure if this is relevant, but I've found that none of the 2017 flagships (42066, 42068, 42069, 42070) has a single axle-axle connector.

Worst of all, only 4 sets have them in a grand total of 21! They seem to be getting more and more rare

Was it ever very common? I can remember it took a while before I had a sizable collection, and ever since I bought 25 in one order on bricklink I can't remember ever having a shortage of them. I don't seem to need them in huge quantities. (But I don't build huge models, so that may be a factor.)

What worries me more is that 1x2x0.5 beams seem to become rarer as well, and that's a part I use a lot. However, this is just a feeling, and using @Gnac's link and changing some numbers show it hasn't been very common since 42000, and that 42069 and 42070 contain some again. (By the way, cool to see you can use Brickset like this. I never knew this.)

3 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

Was it ever very common? I can remember it took a while before I had a sizable collection, and ever since I bought 25 in one order on bricklink I can't remember ever having a shortage of them. I don't seem to need them in huge quantities. (But I don't build huge models, so that may be a factor.)

What worries me more is that 1x2x0.5 beams seem to become rarer as well, and that's a part I use a lot. However, this is just a feeling, and using @Gnac's link and changing some numbers show it hasn't been very common since 42000, and that 42069 and 42070 contain some again. (By the way, cool to see you can use Brickset like this. I never knew this.)

I don't want to start this discussion but I think it's a sign of how times have changed. Back when there were few panels, axles were more important to create the shape of a model. But nowadays it's all panels and we have dozens of different pins to connect them. But don't pay much attention to this, it's just a bit of ranting

On 10/9/2014 at 2:43 PM, Jim said:

Always wondered why this part hasn't been used in Technic. Okay, it's not the most versatile part, but still....

50904.jpg?0

Part number for this piece please.

EDIT:
Shoulda re-read it more thoroughly.. Visorak torso. 

Edited by Mechbuilds

On 10/14/2017 at 3:20 AM, jotta93 said:

4107081.jpg

https://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-4107081/theme-Technic

It might be a little weird, but this makes me kinda sad :sad:

Yeah, but then 42064 has 14 of them. There still quite a lot of sets containing this piece in black in just 2017.

On 21/10/2017 at 1:04 PM, zux said:

Yeah, but then 42064 has 14 of them. There still quite a lot of sets containing this piece in black in just 2017.

You're right, I didn't do a great research on this. I should have been more careful.

But thanks everyone for the help :thumbup:

Edited by jotta93