30 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

Another trick which is possible is to squeeze 4 inner gears in the differential and they don't fall out.

Adding that fourth gear doesn't do anything of value, though, except adding a tiny bit of friction and maybe decrease the chance of slipping between the other three gears. It doesn't strengthen your drivetrain, because it just sits there loose.

Anyone knows how bricks & pieces work? I would like to buy bulk of recenty re-released parts that were last seen decade ago, namely 32184 in DBG that appeared in 75119 last year. Since its release this part is "out of stock" and it is still overprices at BL :sceptic:

32184.png

7 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

Adding that fourth gear doesn't do anything of value, though, except adding a tiny bit of friction and maybe decrease the chance of slipping between the other three gears. It doesn't strengthen your drivetrain, because it just sits there loose.

granted, but it is more realistic.

40 minutes ago, Ivan_M said:

Since its release this part is "out of stock"....... 

It seems that the new colours have only just been added to bricks and pieces. I've been checking regularly for them. My guess is they take a while to be added. Maybe they have to produce enough to go in the sets first. Although, black 19L flex axles have never been added,  even after the heavy lift helicopter.......

Keep checking. I'm sure they'll be available soon. Just make sure you buy enough the first time round! ? 

47 minutes ago, Ivan_M said:

Anyone knows how bricks & pieces work? I would like to buy bulk of recenty re-released parts that were last seen decade ago, namely 32184 in DBG that appeared in 75119 last year. Since its release this part is "out of stock" and it is still overprices at BL :sceptic:

32184.png

It usually takes quite some time before TLG makes recently released parts available on Bricks&Pieces. I remember that the parts introduced with the Arocs weren't available until almost a year later. The good thing is that once they are available they can be quite cheap compared to on BL, so it's probably worth the wait. 

On 8/3/2017 at 6:55 PM, Void_S said:

It's a really great idea, well done! Now the all bevel gears are secured, including the middle one. I suppose that this combination is even stronger than a new differential.

I think you're right as far as we're comparing differentials alone, but the newer differential still has some advantages due to its footprint - can fit into the 5x7 (or similar) frames and that greatly reinforces the whole thing.

11 hours ago, SNIPE said:

Another trick which is possible is to squeeze 4 inner gears in the differential and they don't fall out. There is a knack to doing it though.

I just tried your idea, and modified the middle differential of my model with both the 1L pin connector and a 4th gear, and indeed, the number of slippages dropped even further!!

And the trick to putting the 4th gear in easily is to ease it in together with one that is adjacent to it :laugh:.

EDIT: Oops... further testing resulted in the 4th gear falling out... would have been great if there is a way to hold it in place... 

Edited by PorkyMonster

13 hours ago, PorkyMonster said:

I think you're right as far as we're comparing differentials alone, but the newer differential still has some advantages due to its footprint - can fit into the 5x7 (or similar) frames and that greatly reinforces the whole thing.

Yeah, I even proposed that the length of a new red differential that comes with 42070 is also 3L instead of 4L...

On 04/08/2017 at 9:30 PM, Ivan_M said:

32184.png

This one is tricky to spot unless you search for the element ID (6160219). Then you'll see why, because it has a transparent preview for some reason.

6160219.jpg

14 hours ago, Gnac said:

This one is tricky to spot unless you search for the element ID (6160219). Then you'll see why, because it has a transparent preview for some reason.

6160219.jpg

:thumbup: good spot, thank you so much! It is indeed much better to search by element ID and not by part ID. Not sure if 20 pieces is enough now :grin:

#2 DBG connector from 75532 is not yet available unfortunatelly, but pin with pinhole in DBG is VERY reasonably priced!

8 hours ago, Ivan_M said:

:thumbup: good spot, thank you so much! It is indeed much better to search by element ID and not by part ID. Not sure if 20 pieces is enough now :grin:

#2 DBG connector from 75532 is not yet available unfortunatelly, but pin with pinhole in DBG is VERY reasonably priced!

WOW!...loads of new and interesting recolours in that set, incl. a 1x5 liftarm in Tan and Reddish Brown, part list is deffo worth a look over:

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=75532-1

Reddish brown expanded a lot in terms of connectors and panels, but the liftarm selection is very poor - only 3,5 and 15L are available and zero thin ones. I think the most funny is that we have 63869 in brown as third color ever released:

63869.png

where the hell is yellow, white, blue and red!! It is interesting that the best recolors are now originating from other themes than Technic.

Different topic - I need 16L axles and they are quite expensive, esp. in black. Anyone cutted 32L axle in two? They are quite flexible so I'm worried if it will work.. (sorry if I offended anyone with this)

29 minutes ago, Ivan_M said:

Different topic - I need 16L axles and they are quite expensive, esp. in black. Anyone cutted 32L axle in two? They are quite flexible so I'm worried if it will work.. (sorry if I offended anyone with this)

Why do you specifically need 16L axles? There's no way you can use different lengths and use a connector?

Just now, Jim said:

Why do you specifically need 16L axles? There's no way you can use different lengths and use a connector?

it is for sliding mechanism - similar to outridges on 42009

That figures :thumbup:

I have never cut axles, but I reckon it will work. How much axles do you need?

Why don't you buy them via S&H? They are used in the UCS Snowspeeder, so they should be available. Have you tried that?

Yes I will order them on BL or S&H, but I have bunch of 32L already so I thought I will ask before doing anything stupid :classic:

Just bought some interesting parts via ToyPro....i got two of Part #55013 in Black

55013.png

Bought a couple more of this part in Pearl Dark Gray, they look superb in that colour!

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=62462&colorID=77&in=A

62462.png

Got four of Part #33299 in the new Red colour:

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=33299

33299.png

Got this weird part for cheap, no idea what to do with it...has anyone EVER found a use for this in a Technic set??

x1307.png

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=x1307&colorID=3&in=A

And finally i got four of the new White colour of Part #18654

18654.png

On 8/7/2017 at 10:35 AM, LvdH said:

I personally didn't do this, but I bought a second hand lot and the previous owner did cut a 32L axle. The axle does not turn well when it's in a pin hole. I don't recommend you do this. 

As far as I recall, many people who bought 42009 had an issue with the 32L axles being bent to some degree due to being loose in the box.
Are you sure this is not the reason why your cut axle has issues turning inside pin holes?

On 8/4/2017 at 1:55 PM, LvdH said:

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?P=26287&colorID=86

Just noticed they made a LBG variant of the smooth 3L driving ring connector:

Part No: 26287  Name: Technic, Axle Connector 3L

I looked for that today, and the new recolours from 42070...no sign of them yet on Toypro.

5 hours ago, Error404 said:

As far as I recall, many people who bought 42009 had an issue with the 32L axles being bent to some degree due to being loose in the box.
Are you sure this is not the reason why your cut axle has issues turning inside pin holes?

Some had issues, I personally did not, some got an extra 32L axle.

I ended up with an extra 16L axle...which have increased in price a lot.

11 hours ago, LvdH said:

It was used for the Bionicle line. It came with a cord, on which you put a propeller. You pull the cord and it launches up. 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=8762-1#T=S&O={}

It was 25 cent, new...just to have in the part collection :-)

On 8/4/2017 at 7:30 PM, Ivan_M said:

32184.png

I have a few of those second hand, and the #2 connector in DBG, used in 8416 and 8435.

On 6.8.2017 at 8:03 PM, Ivan_M said:

pin with pinhole in DBG is VERY reasonably priced!

I have read this "pin with pinhole" a few times now... but i dont really know, what it is. There is no item on rebrickable or bricklink, if i search for this.

Do you have a partnumber for me?

7 hours ago, bonox said:

Oh... evryone means this part, if talking about "pin with pinhole"?

I thaught there would be an item like this but with a pinhole instead of the axlehole at the end:

https://m.rebrickable.com/media/cache/f3/1b/f31b15194daf78c33a5cf5f4e11fb740.jpg

56 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

Is the new gearshifting element (https://brickset.com/parts/design-18947) compatible with the extension ring (https://brickset.com/parts/design-32187)

Yep, it's only the new free-running 16T gears that are incompatible with the old driving rings. Those 16T gears will sort of work with the extension rings too; they're ~1.5mm out but they do clutch.

Can someone help me to identify this part?

I got it some time ago together with many other parts i baught. I tried to find it on rebrickable, to sort it to my partlist, but i can't find this thing. It is NOT listed as a beam...

It looks like a 16 stud long beam (15 pinholes), but at one end there are 2 studs on each side.

Who has a partnumber, or a bricklink-link for me?20170814_224022.jpg

Edited by TechnicSummse