As long as they are still making the light gray and black axels I'm okay with the red and yellow ones. You will always have access to black and gray axles of all lengths so that's not really a problem to me. Sometimes it might be awesome to be able to use red or yellow axles for some detailing. 

To be honest, I like how the colored pins and axles clarify instructions. When someone creates instructions for a MOC and it has black 3L pins, I get all confused. Back in the day, when 3L pins were black, Technic sets were simpler (and used more System pieces, so much less pins), so it was possible to easily read instructions even without the colors back then. But right now, if all of today's pins would be black or gray and all normal axles black, it would be very hard to decipher what's going on. I like how much clearer it is now than ever before which pin is used where. And there's a lot of new pins. After all,

• axle pin 3L, ++o
  • axle pin 3L, +oo
  • pin 3L with pin hole
  • pin 2L with pin hole
  • axle 2L with pin hole

All of these are relatively recent. I think it's because of the color coding that designers could create such similar parts, to increase the building options without creating an enormous recognizability problem. So I think you should see the color variety in relation to this - it was either all-black and gray, without the new pins, or it's this. Well, I prefer the current situation, by far.

Personally when I create instructions for my MOCs, I even put certain axle lengths in yellow and red nowadays, so you can clearly see the difference between e.g. 9 and 11. I even used yellow 3L axles for the instructions of my [TC7] Enforcer, because that was at the time the Wall-E set came out, which had the first yellow 3Ls, so I thought, well, apparently 3L axles will be yellow now.

What I don't like is how the 2L pin with pin hole and the 2L axle with pin hole now start to appear in all kinds of colors. That kinda defeats the purpose, and for what reason? If I had to choose, I know a few larger parts that are in dire need of a few recolors!

37 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:
  • pin 3L with pin hole
  • pin 2L with pin hole
  • axle 2L with pin hole

What parts are those?

2 minutes ago, mocbuild101 said:

What parts are those?

87082.png

15100.png

22961.png

Just now, Jim said:

....And the one with a single axle.

Oh, of course! I was thinking of a pin with a hole on the end - like the 2L pin with brush.

Just now, mocbuild101 said:

Oh, of course! I was thinking of a pin with a hole on the end - like the 2L pin with brush.

The name can be a bit confusing. It's more a 1L pin with pin hole, instead 2L pin with pin hole.

5 hours ago, HallBricks said:

As long as they are still making the light gray and black axels I'm okay with the red and yellow ones. You will always have access to black and gray axles of all lengths so that's not really a problem to me. Sometimes it might be awesome to be able to use red or yellow axles for some detailing. 

I could not agree more. We have nice variety of axle colors for proper contrast e.g when building yellow moc with black chassis it would be great to use yellow axels on black chassis, on other hand mocs of CLAAS prodacts look better in light bluish gray and red colored axles...so I do not see a reason to complain. We had some nice surprises this year like red dog bone or red pin 3L with pin hole and there will be more...:thumbup:

Edited by I_Igor

1 minute ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

What? What set is it in?

It should be in 42070 together with red differential 4L (if something has not change in last few weeks in LEGO management)

Edited by I_Igor

On ‎22‎-‎6‎-‎2017 at 10:09 PM, I_Igor said:

[Red dog bone] should be in 42070

Not in the latest pictures; there it's light gray as the part has always been.

Erik, last version (box) that I saw had red one - that can mean only one thing I'm out of date (need to update myself) :grin:

On 6/24/2017 at 0:44 PM, Erik Leppen said:

Not in the latest pictures; there it's light gray as the part has always been.

Erik ,

can you tell me wether image with light bluish gray dogbone is older or newer than video mentioned in this post

Thaks

Red dog bone is reality, it is shown in catalogue and official video as well. I wonder about other frames, TLG is currently using mostly DBG for frame build, it would be nice to see frames in DBG..

27 minutes ago, Ivan_M said:

Red dog bone is reality, it is shown in catalogue and official video as well. I wonder about other frames, TLG is currently using mostly DBG for frame build, it would be nice to see frames in DBG..

It would be possible that wese black ones because black is very common but we know for sure when we buy 2H sets... BTW it would very nice to make lime models with new red differential from 42070 set :wink:

Edited by I_Igor

Has that 3 by 5 triangular half beam appeared in yellow yet?

Just now, I_Igor said:

it would vrry nice to make lime models with new red differential from 42070 set :wink:

What????

I am not sure if someone did that before but i made that conection and it works well. I think there is no stress beetwen bricks and it could be usefull for wheel arches etc..

640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 

Edited by Samolot

1 hour ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Has that 3 by 5 triangular half beam appeared in yellow yet?

What????

I plan to upgrade my CLAAS Xerion Saddle trac with red differentials...

If I understand you asked for this part in yellow

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=99773&colorID=3&in=A

8 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Wow, thanks!

You're wellcome :classic:

Not sure if anyone noticed this, but there appear to be at least 2 of these in Medium Blue/Medium Azure/Dark Azure, visible in the front of the boat in the 42068 B-Model.

800x466.jpg

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

30 minutes ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

And I think I see one behind the top right of the rear tire on the truck.

I think that's the shirt of the person standing behind it... :laugh:

But I think you are right about the ones on the boat.