Just now, letsbuild said:

WHOA! Does it say what set?

no one on Bricklink has it listed for sale, and it dosen't appear on the database....but i have seen others here show pics of this part in Black, if you look at the pic...you can see it Lego copyright branded and part number printed. thats legit

There exists General Part Discussion topic for stuff like this.

According to my research, it doesn't exist, plus eBay isn't a reliable source for parts. There's a probability that it's fake. We can't be sure, it can be a test part, like some of the stuff we seen before that isn't available in any set

Edited by LXF

Just now, M_longer said:

Test mold probably. Like red train tracks etc.

i have some person here post a pic of this part before...and as i said the copyright Lego is stamped into the part along with the part number.

2 minutes ago, LXF said:

There exists General Part Discussion topic for stuff like this.

According to my research, it doesn't exist, plus eBay isn't a reliable source for parts. There's a big probability that it's fake. We can't be sure, just IMHO

the seller is legit....i have asked him for more closeup pics.

1 minute ago, Richard Dower said:

i have some person here post a pic of this part before...and as i said the copyright Lego is stamped into the part along with the part number.

the seller is legit....i have asked him for more closeup pics.

I am not saying that it is not a original part. It is just a part that should not leave the factory ;)

Like these (large pictures):

wanted_235.jpg_thumb.jpg wanted_082.jpg_thumb.jpg wanted_100.jpg_thumb.jpg

2 minutes ago, ctx1769 said:

6641/ 19437 does not exist in black according to Lego, Brickset, Bricklink and Rebrickable.

according to the database yes, its probably an in-house test mould or colour variant, but its a legit Lego part...just never officially released.

Look at this 1x16 liftarm: liftarm02.png

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=liftarm02#T=C

Edited by Richard Dower

Moving this to General Part Discussion. Lets try to post stuff about parts in this topic. Thanks.

1 hour ago, ctx1769 said:

6641/ 19437 does not exist in black according to Lego, Brickset, Bricklink and Rebrickable.

According to LDD it has an Element ID of 4160520. These IDs are assigned consecutively to almost everything LEGO produces. Most of the parts in LDD which are accused of not existing most likely do, but are very rarely available outside of the bailiwick of Legoland Park Master Builders - look up "Q Elements".

gotta_catch_em_all.jpg

On that note, it'll be interesting to see if those changeover catches show up in white (4160518) and orange (4160529) soon.

there is a whole topic about "non released parts" on general discussions section. 1972 1974(who left eurobricks sadly) and some other dudes show a lot of test parts and other parts that were made, but never released. 

and here is the topic:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/94037-legoland-non-production-parts/&page=1

Edited by roppie11

It could be a test part, but it could also just be a part that someone dyed so they could call it rare.

4 hours ago, Blakbird said:

It could be a test part, but it could also just be a part that someone dyed so they could call it rare.

People do that Blackbird?....hmmm, i have bought from this seller many times and he is very legit, he got me alot of rare parts in unique colours.

I have been rather obsessed with collecting Pearl Dark Gray parts. After building and seeing 8434 i fell in love with that colour.

I must take a picture of my stash :-)

7 hours ago, roppie11 said:

there is a whole topic about "non released parts" on general discussions section. 1972 1974(who left eurobricks sadly) and some other dudes show a lot of test parts and other parts that were made, but never released. 

and here is the topic:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/94037-legoland-non-production-parts/&page=1

Cheers...i was actually trying to find that thread, but...i am trying to limit things to Technic elements....as i spot them.

On 13/12/2016 at 11:04 PM, Gnac said:

According to LDD it has an Element ID of 4160520. These IDs are assigned consecutively to almost everything LEGO produces. Most of the parts in LDD which are accused of not existing most likely do, but are very rarely available outside of the bailiwick of Legoland Park Master Builders - look up "Q Elements".

gotta_catch_em_all.jpg

On that note, it'll be interesting to see if those changeover catches show up in white (4160518) and orange (4160529) soon.

I have deffo seen this part in Brown and Tan/Beige colour.

5 hours ago, Richard Dower said:

People do that Blackbird?....hmmm, i have bought from this seller many times and he is very legit, he got me alot of rare parts in unique colours.

Sure, I've done it.  Not to sell, but for my own use.  For example, you can make rare black axle pins by dyeing light gray ones.  Works great.  There is actually no way to tell that it was not made that way.

Depending on what you consider to be "Beam" and "Produced". Lego did produce those 1x16 liftarms, even if only as prototypes. However, going by what is available in sets, you've got either the 15L liftarm, or the 16L technic beam. I kind of wish at times that Lego made some long beams made out aluminum or some kind of stronger plastic for truck frames, but I digress.

6 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Depending on what you consider to be "Beam" and "Produced". Lego did produce those 1x16 liftarms, even if only as prototypes. However, going by what is available in sets, you've got either the 15L liftarm, or the 16L technic beam. I kind of wish at times that Lego made some long beams made out aluminum or some kind of stronger plastic for truck frames, but I digress.

https://www.bricklink.com/store/home.page?p=Eezo#/shop?o={"showHomeItems":1}

Here you go :wink:

9 hours ago, Blakbird said:

Sure, I've done it.  Not to sell, but for my own use.  For example, you can make rare black axle pins by dyeing light gray ones.  Works great.  There is actually no way to tell that it was not made that way.

Could you explain the process of dyeing plastic?

18 hours ago, Blakbird said:

That's bull Eric, and you know it. You can just cut up any suspicios part and find the true colour underneath, if it has been dyed

Yes, I've left EB but someone summoned me and thus I seem to be back ;)

As a general rule, if the part was made before the year 2000, it's most likely legit. That is both odd coloured parts and parts never released

The parts I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole are any modern LEGO minifigs made in the last 5-10 years (especially if it's an IP minifig) and any sort of liftarm. Those are now being highly copied and quite difficult to spot, due to lack of "LEGO" printing and the poor quality of TLG parts in general

Not fun to be a Technic fan these days,is it?

Liftarms are much cheaper to make than bricks, TLG knows that (and have known for well at least +20 years) .. and now the cloners know that too ;)

It's also gonna mess up Bricklink and every other LEGO selling venue

Good thing I have all the LEGO I need :)

Good luck to you, Gents

Cheers,

Ole

11 minutes ago, 1974 said:

That's bull Eric, and you know it. You can just cut up any suspicios part and find the true colour underneath, if it has been dyed.

OK, I guess I should have said there is no non-destructive way to spot them.  If you destroy a part only to find it really was authentic, then you've lost a rare part.  The point is, they look really convincing if done right.  If you spot an part in an unknown color on eBay, you just can't tell if it is real or not.

Also note that even some real LEGO parts will fail this test.  The old metallic silver and gold parts were painted and were actually another color underneath.  Same with the chrome bits.

anyone spot anything thing else juicy?....i have been looking at non Technic sets to see if i can come across any interesting parts, often system parts used on old Technic sets get re-released. So lets say i was looking for brand new parts used in 8462, each year you find certain parts get printed again....which is cool.

Today I started the build of 42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator, and got a strange part Tire 49.5 x 20 15413 one out of the 4 is much harder. Tire could only be put on rim by heating it a bit to get it a little smoother. I think it's about 20 to 30 shore A harder.

Did it happen to anyone else?

11 minutes ago, Zimix said:

Today I started the build of 42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator, and got a strange part Tire 49.5 x 20 15413 one out of the 4 is much harder. Tire could only be put on rim by heating it a bit to get it a little smoother. I think it's about 20 to 30 shore A harder.

Did it happen to anyone else?

The ones I have, when they are on the rim, don't have a flat exterior. One side is always bulging up. I'm not sure if that's what you're asking about, but that's my problem.

This tire issue is something I haven't heard of. The 4 tires in my set were all "normal".

2 hours ago, letsbuild said:

The ones I have, when they are on the rim, don't have a flat exterior. One side is always bulging up. I'm not sure if that's what you're asking about, but that's my problem.

I have few slighlty deformed ones.

Edited by M_longer