Man, I cannot wait to build a Technic plane where the propellers themselves can at least fly.

What is the difference between track 88323 (from 42042, 42006, etc) and track 87518 (from 8294, 8275, etc)?

I never MOCed anything with tracks (until TC8) but I just found the 42042 wheels don't work with the 8294 track and the 8294 wheels don't work with the 42042 track. I can't see any difference between the two types of track.

Here is the comparison from Bricklink. Minor details and mold upgrade. As far as I know they should be interchangeable, but I could be wrong. Anyone knows why TLG updated the mold? Functionality or part strength?

57518.jpg

Edited by DrJB

8263's Black tracks are halfway between the 2 desings. The tread is the same as V2 but the hooks are the same as V1.

50x 87518 is 5mm longer than 50x 88323.

I just got 42038 which I assume has the newest style of track links. The parts that they have added are to support the clips on the underside. It's interesting that the sprocket wheels aren't compatible though... that's not great!

Looks to me like part 87518 was rushed to production, without 'full' validation :). Lego has 'adopted' the automotive/software mindset.

HELP!

Has anyone here Stretched the THIS tire over THIS rim. I want to know if doing that is bad for the tire.

Thank you!

I don't have the PF speed remote but have a question about it. Does it send a signal continuously, or is it a single signal and the IR receiver stays at the specified voltage even when the remote is out of sight?

It appears to be a single signal - I just did a test where I sent a command and hid the remote in a box. Commands seem to "linger" for a second or two in the remote itself, discovered by fiddling with the thing in the box then whipping it out. As far as I know, the IR receiver will keep running the stored command until it's either interrupted by a new command on the same output from the same remote, or sadly, a new command on EITHER output from a standard IR remote*. Aside from the obvious timeout when your battery dies (or enters "sleep mode" after 2 hours), there may also be some extended timeout buried somewhere in the official documentation PDFs on Philo's page.

* This means that unless I'm willing to use two IR receivers on different channels, I can't have the benefits of a Speed Remote for adjusting the speed of a vehicle, with the snappy steering response from a standard remote. Booo!

HELP!

Has anyone here Stretched the THIS tire over THIS rim. I want to know if doing that is bad for the tire.

Thank you!

I've seen some small trucks with those... I think its a bit too much stretching?

I've seen some small trucks with those... I think its a bit too much stretching?

Yes it does take some patience stretching tho's tires around the rims, and taking them off. It did enlarge the tires a tiny bit after being like that for a couple days because the tires slipped in their original rims a little more than usual. or it's just my imagination.

WALL-E has a 3L axel in Bright Yellow: http://brickset.com/.../21303-1/WALL-E

Part # 92907 can now be found in Reddish Brown: http://brickset.com/sets/75107-1/Jango-Fett

ou can get the small panels now in Brick Yellow/Beige: http://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-6121172

Nice. Not a lot to do with then yet, but the brick yellow panels might make a nice seat for something 80's. Maybe a testarossa? Now all we need is fake wood panelling panels.

In my opinion, it wouldn't necessarily indicate that they would be produced, because if you have noticed from the LEGO Batman video games, there are 4 x 4 macaroni plates to construct the suit changers, which have still yet to appear in any sets.

All fair and well, yet I was even more enthusiastic (although it's not Technic but I am just so enthusiastic) about discovering that the starter set has 5x slope 18 elements in light blueish gray.

61409.jpg

I am hoping to see an abundance of these from sets arriving in 2016, because I would appreciate quite an abundance of them for MOCs I have.

Edited by LiLmeFromDaFuture

I think any lego video games use a lot of new colours that are never really produced, I'm sure if you check any other games you'll find some same "new" pieces

Or the Lego Movie. I had a field day pointing out all the parts that weren't in production colors, and some that out and out did not exist.

Even then, an existing part in a new color is not what I call "New Technic parts!". (So, please change the topic title.)