Sign in to follow this  
CopMike

New colored C3PO in SW-set

According to BL it's called Pearl Gold.

are you sure ?

Was that colour ever used in parts before ? Looks way darker than the bottom of the new droideka part ;-)

*yoda*

are you sure ?

Was that colour ever used in parts before ? Looks way darker than the bottom of the new droideka part ;-)

*yoda*

This minifigure (SW161 - C-3P0 - Pearl Gold (Set 10144 production error)):

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=sw161

Is currently labeled as a "(Set 10144 production error)" - to my knowledge,

and based on LEGO's response, this was not a "production error" but simply a

purposeful color substitution.

;-)

Edited by UniqueBuilder

Looks like the dull chrome gold from the Vikinger king helmets to me...

I really don't think so !!That helmet is way lighter in color ;-)

;-)

I saw the topic UB ;-) But the regular / normal C3-PO is Pearl Gold ;-) That still doesn't answer my question regarding the color of tha new C3-PO ;-)

*yoda*

I almost went to buy one from BL :-D instead though, I'll just buy another sandcrawler...

Those look absolutely amazing. Very nice color change *wub* I guess this is their reaction to all the people upset about not getting a chrome 3PO

But the regular / normal C3-PO is Pearl Gold ;-)

Yes, edit: No, that's pearl light gold. I think this one is a beautiful new copper color.

Like the copper speckle color, except it's not mixed in with the metallic black.....

Ok there is something I don't get, will all the sets with a C3-PO will have him ? 2008 won't have any C3PO dang !!

Don't tell me I have to buy another Crawler like SW4J X-D

*yoda*

Ok there is something I don't get, will all the sets with a C3-PO will have him ? 2008 won't have any C3PO dang !!

*yoda*

Look at it this way...we get more Jawas X-D

Wow, awesome news! Thanks! I am not a SW collector, (too expensive because I collect BIONICLE and City) but I love SW, and now there's a 4th 3PO I have to get this!!!! Thanks!

*wub* That really is a great fig

This makes me wonder,Will all the new sets have that color C3PO or only the sandcrawler?

Hehe,good thing I haven't purchased the sandcrawler yet :-D

Or the jabbas barge or the new Slave 1 or the ISD

Why you ask?

Its a simple matter of logic

One day they will go on sale and I can get them at really low prices

The week or so before they get the new summer sets,every lego from last year will go on sale

Thats the day I pick up most of my Lego

(good thing hardly anyone visits the Lego Isle here or we'd be out in like a day X-D)

Piranha

Wow! That is nice. Shame about the $50.00 BrickLink price, but hopefully it will be in a new set soon. (The sandcrawler is too expensive for Australians.)

Aww Maaaannn!

Not another C3PO that I'm going to get fleeced for!

He looks ace, a possible alternative to the gold chrome one?

I hope they keep up production of this variety and ditch the old 'toffee' coloured one!

Hi

I got one of these C3POs in a Sandcrawler back in March - presumed they simply changed the figure. That would be too early for it to be a response to the "Golden" figures? Set was purchased from S@H.

Have only started reading the forums recently, hence never mentioning it before. First post BTW.

Pabz

*yoda*

Shame he's not in the UCS Millennium Falcon. Though for that money, I think it would be reasonable to expect a chrome gold one.

Edited by lostcarpark

Shame he's not in the UCS Millennium Falcon. Though for that money, I think it would be reasonable to expect a chrome gold one.

Haha, yeah, it would've been nice if they gave us the chrome gold one, but as they said all future c3po would be this new color, it's likely that the UCS MF will have them

Haha, yeah, it would've been nice if they gave us the chrome gold one, but as they said all future c3po would be this new color, it's likely that the UCS MF will have them

Not in this case - 5 minifigs included: Luke, Han, Chewie, Ben and Leia.

I think the new C-3PO is way better than the old one. That colour is so beautiful! *wub* But the old hands look weird on the new torso... I hope TLC change that. :-/

But it's sad that there's no C-3PO in the sets from this year... I hope there will be one in one of the next year's sets. I don't want to buy a second Sandcrawler, there are other sets I want to add to my collection! X-D

Edited by Lego-Freak

Not in this case - 5 minifigs included: Luke, Han, Chewie, Ben and Leia.

I could've sworn 3PO was in it...oh well, my mistake :-$