jodawill

Brickworld Fort Wayne 2014

Hey guys!

Brickworld Fort Wayne is this weekend. I'm really excited about this event for a couple reasons. First, it's going to be my first time displaying my own layout. (I have an entire display to myself!) Secondly, Modulex Bricks has asked me to promote their upcoming products at the show.

If you're in the area, come check out the show, and be sure to stop by my table and say introduce yourself! You can contact me by e-mail: jodawill AT iuk dot edu.

- Josh

Hinckley and I will be there, too. We're collaborating on Rio Bricko, a western display, and Hinck is bringing something Fabuland-y.

Awesome! I also have a western display, but I'm sure it won't be anywhere near as good as yours. I'm very new to all of this. I actually think my pirate ship is the best MOC I'm taking, but it's going to be in David's display, not mine.

I received my Modulex supplies today, including samples of the new bricks! http://imgur.com/a/5Oo75

I will be there on Saturday! Wearing a grey striped shirt and black vest and my little LEGO earrings. :) I guess we need some sort of EB badge :)

Well, I feel I should mention I went to it Saturday (Oct. 11). For being my fist LEGO show, it was OK. And, about what I expected. (I feel their should of been more displays. But, I blame Eurobricks for spoiling me. :tongue: I do get that it was one of the smaller shows around.) I was their for at least a hour and a half, looking around. Not that any one would remember I was wearing a Navy Blue Sweater, plus I did not talk to any one too much. (And, I feel I should mention I am just a quite guy in real life.)

Well, I feel I should mention I went to it Saturday (Oct. 11). For being my fist LEGO show, it was OK. And, about what I expected. (I feel their should of been more displays. But, I blame Eurobricks for spoiling me. :tongue: I do get that it was one of the smaller shows around.) I was their for at least a hour and a half, looking around. Not that any one would remember I was wearing a Navy Blue Sweater, plus I did not talk to any one too much. (And, I feel I should mention I am just a quite guy in real life.)

By the number of displays, I think Fort Wayne is the smallest Brickworld show. I've been to the Indianapolis show several times and it's much bigger. But we do have a variety of displays that weren't in Indianapolis. Matt De Lanoy (PepaQuin) is here from Chicago. He's one of my favorite builders. I was really excited to meet him.

Here are some pics of Rio Bricko and the FABULAND castle:

ft_wayne_01.jpg

ft_wayne_02.jpg

ft_wayne_03.jpg

ft_wayne_04.jpg

ft_wayne_05.jpg

ft_wayne_06.jpg

ft_wayne_07.jpg

ft_wayne_08.jpg

ft_wayne_09.jpg

ft_wayne_10.jpg

ft_wayne_11.jpg

ft_wayne_12.jpg

ft_wayne_13.jpg

ft_wayne_14.jpg

ft_wayne_10.jpg

ft_wayne_11.jpg

Is that the fort with the space ship?

And when I saw the castle the bridge was not done.

Edited by samuraiturtle

I haven't posted my photos to Flickr yet. I need to weed out the crappy ones first. But I will post them here as soon as I can.

Here are some pics of Rio Bricko and the FABULAND castle:

Wow, I didn't realize you were an administrator. When I showed you the e-mail today, I didn't recognize your username, but I recognize your avatar. It was nice meeting you today! Your Fabuland display was really cool.

I couldn't find you on Facebook. If you'd like to be my friend, click here.

Are you going to Brickworld Indy?