Sign in to follow this  
JustPlainJim

First Attempt at Decals - Gwen Stacy Spider-Woman

Hello, Eurobricks!

It's been a long time, but after a couple years of complete madness in my life, things are starting to settle down and I'm starting to pull out the old Lego figs again. It helps that a friend bought Lego Marvel Super Heroes for the PC for me not long ago... So, I've become obsessed with getting my favorite super-heroes in brick form. But! Most of my favorite faves aren't official. So, thanks to this lovely forum and some sheer madness, I'm making it happen! My first attempt was Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) using the decals in the request thread. More pics of her another time...

But now, I'm starting to look at decals that don't exist yet. My first crack at it is the new Gwen Stacy Spider-Woman seen in a recent comic.

http://marvel.wikia....-TRN448)/Images

I fired up Inkscape and busted this out tonight for a chest decal. I still need to do a rear decal, and I think I'll be painting the little stripes and shoes on the legs.

But now the question is, what can I do to make it better? I've seen people do a slight shadow under the 'breasts'... is there an easy way to do that in Inkscape?

And Last question for now... Has anyone used StickerYou (http://www.stickeryo...gure-decals/638 ) for decals before? Any recommendations?

Thanks much! Critiques and advice are welcome!!

post-28186-0-06347200-1412826691_thumb.png

Looks pretty good. As for shadowing, it loses its effect when you it gets scaled down and transpose onto the torso. I think simple think lines look the best when it goes to LEGO.