kabel

A Mitgardian Pottery in Ruadh

I haven't really done anything in Kaliphlin for quite a while, so this marks my first try in over 2,5 years. It's nothing fancy, I just wanted to create a nice athmosphere that I thought would befit the spirit of Ruadh. So thanks Sarah for letting me build there!

Fleeing from the upcoming civil war and the cold winters in Mitgardia Tom Potter and his wife Emma have set up a new pottery in Taos Ruad where they enjoy working outside protected by the shade of an old orange tree. Life here was really benign and they immediatly felt welcomed by all the other artists of the community. All they now needed in order to complete their happiness was a painter who could give their creations a paintjob that would fit Kaliphlin better.

Sometimes at night though, they were really missing the snow and the mountains of their original home. Hopefully things wouldn't turn out as bloody as everybody thought it would ...

15456294806_ed715b26a2_c.jpg

15479044602_1489cb8217_c.jpg

15456298296_f8b82d9b70_c.jpg

C&C welcome ...

Nice build, kabel! I love all the little details in this build.

My favorite aspects are the orange tree and the combined red and dark red tiled roof. The only thought I have for improvement is that a nearby water source would be nice. Having worked with clay as a hobby, I have found the importance of having water to keep the clay in the right state for molding, especially when the air is hot and dry. Perhaps a well could be incorporated? This is also just a personal preference, as I love the look of wells.

Great build!

Beautifully executed and clean build here. Everything about this one is win. The elements of balcony, main house, orange tree, and yard with kiln are well balanced and everything is visible.

Nice build! I love how you have captured the Ruadhi atmosphere here :classic:

A lot of nice details, my favorites are the tree and the bed on the roof. While plates work great for the ground, I think however that at least the stairs and probably also the roofs should have been smooth.

The photography is top notch!

Edited by Gideon

Very nice! I do agree with Gideon about the stairs needing tiles. And did the lady shave her beard for the hot Kaliphlin weather?

I love it kabel! It has a settlers 2 feeling to it (my favourite game!!). The little building with the oven makes this looks brilliant!

Thanks a lot for all these postive comments guys, glad you all like it!

@Slegengr: I had originally put the bucket there to contain water, no clue how the tan plate got in there instead ...

@Gideo+Vlad: covering the stairs with tiles was the original plan. I ran out of them though. So instead of doing only half of the surface I kept it like that.

@dG: Settlers II? - very close! This was actually inspired by Age of Empires II! :laugh:

As for the photograpyh: It was a really dark day outside today so I guess my camera opened the lense quite a bit to get these pics. I like it too. I just wonder though how I got that blueish background as I used a white sheet of paper.

Great build kabel, you have most defiantly mistaken your calling! Seriously though, you really did an excellent job capturing the Kali feel. Love the brightness and vibrancy of it, especially the 1x1 round roof! :thumbup: The light blue touches are genius as well!

Lovely civillian build - and you have included their trade quite well with the turntable and oven.

I don't think there is anything I don't like :thumbup:

Beautiful build, kabel! I love those light blue accents and the dark orange. The red roof looks great.

I instantly recognized the potter throwing on the wheel. I also love that the pots in the kiln are red and not tan. Nice attention to detail. :thumbup:

One question though: why's the bed on the roof?

Edited by Sir Gareth

Lovely photos, great color- very Kalphlin-y architecture. Are you sure you're in the right guild kabel?

Love this! Thank you for such a lovely Ruadhi build. What a cozy domestic scene; the cat and the chickens are a nice touch.

The red roof and the orange tree bring nice color to the build. The potter at his wheel and the whole shop are just fantastic, and I love how you've tied the Mitgardian troubles and Ruadh into the story. The last name is, of course, perfect.

Would it be all right with you if I claimed this for Ruadh's HSS: Craftsmen/Merchant - Specialty: Po tter?

Edited by SarahJoy

Lovely scene. Great detailing. I really like the blue touches and the potter in action. My favourite part is the bed on the roof. Maybe you should join Kaliphlin

:classic: