The Great Castle Anrarr, built by the Lord Parimere on the Inland Sea near East Gate as one of his main strongholds in Kaliphlin. The great castle slowly gathered a small town around it and became a place of safety and refuge for the towns folk in times of war.

15463185571_4841bebc2f_c.jpg

15279438889_64f05c57d4_c.jpg

15279435529_0670440964_c.jpg

15279766927_c97ab6d97f_c.jpg

15279699388_286f94e0fc_c.jpg

15443248656_c66266b721_c.jpg

15463214881_88f5ec0ec8_c.jpg

15465982162_ca4ced911f_c.jpg

For those interested, an improved version of this, (or something similar) will be at Brickvention Australia in 2015.

More pics on flickr

I would like to claim UoP credits for Anthropology, Life in Kaliphlin.

Update: 1 UoP credit short of approval. :sad:

Edited by BrickCurve

Cool! It's simple, but has a very great nostalgic appeal as it reminds me of castles I used to create with my brothers way back in the day.

Wow like it a lot... apart from the ocean, it gives me a Minas Tirith feel.

Love the combination of brick colour use.

Well done!

Very nice layout of the build! The size of the build and the stepped design are great. I also love the busy feeling :classic:

As this is GoH I'm also going to give you some constructive criticism: I'm not too fond of the mixed color choices of the walls, while I like that you are mixing them the bricks get too "spotty" in my eyes (smaller plates might have worked better?). Can't decide on what I think of the sides, but the striped bands are catching my eyes a bit too much.

Another piece of advice is to crop your pictures prior to publishing them to get rid of things not covered by the background.

UoP +1 for Life in Kaliphlin.

Very nice layout of the build! The size of the build and the stepped design are great. I also love the busy feeling :classic:

As this is GoH I'm also going to give you some constructive criticism: I'm not too fond of the mixed color choices of the walls, while I like that you are mixing them the bricks get too "spotty" in my eyes (smaller plates might have worked better?). Can't decide on what I think of the sides, but the striped bands are catching my eyes a bit too much.

Another piece of advice is to crop your pictures prior to publishing them to get rid of things not covered by the background.

UoP +1 for Life in Kaliphlin.

I see what you mean about the light grey 1 x 2 bricks and small plates although sadly I don't have nearly enough tan headlight bricks and 1 x 2 tiles or small plates to replace the grey bricks or other sections of the wall.

Nice work! I have to agree with Gideon, not a fan of the mix of so many different color bricks, but I understand piece limitations. +1 for life in Kali!

Nice job, the overall shape is quite good. To offer some cc, the sloped rocks shouldn't overhange for 90% of the formation as it is quite unrealistic. The color scheme is a little disorienting and conflicting (I would stick to nice, compatible colors). The bottom section looks great though, perhaps you should try that solid color palate.

Very cool coastal fort! The numerous levels with stairs connecting them all gives a neat look :thumbup:

I like the dock as well :classic:

A few pics are not showing, but this castle is getting bigger and bigger! Those different levels are perfect, just like the castle was built against a hill.