Sign in to follow this  
dr_spock

Friends-ship: The Pink Pearl

Avast, everyone.

Presenting my latest Friends build, the Pink Pearl. It's a galleon type sailing ship in the style of pirate theme ships. The Pink Pearl is friendly. If there are pirates around, she has 4 shooting cannons to defend herself.

15286039630_7160825978_c.jpgThe Pink Pearl by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

Captain Mia's cabin is cozy. She has a comfy bed, desk, treasure map, sword, pistol and a lip sticks rack.

15286179977_16bb7dd441_c.jpgThe Pink Pearl by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

In preparation for their journey, our Friends-ship is docking at the Imperial Trading Post for supplies such as, meat. Hey, where's the beef going?

15459290191_97ea2d1b3a_c.jpgImperial Port by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

Weigh anchor and set sail on the high seas for a friendly adventure with the Pink Pearl.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A someone who tries to include monkeys whereever possible I cannot really say something negative - and why should I?

My sons would probably hate it :grin:

What I really like is the imperial port.

Is there more to see?

A nice ship but i see the sails dont make sense with this frindly theme. I think if you use the one from the Imperial flagship set number 10210 then it will look Awesome.

Cheers

Uhuh! Totally digging this dr_spock. The figurehead is fantastic!

Thanks. Mr. Bunny appreciates that. :classic:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A someone who tries to include monkeys whereever possible I cannot really say something negative - and why should I?

My sons would probably hate it :grin:

What I really like is the imperial port.

Is there more to see?

Thanks. Funny, my son said, "Lipsticks, really?" I tried to make it not too girly. :laugh: Arrh, I forgot to put in a monkey or two. The port was part of the teambuild contest over at the Pirates section. It is now kind of parted here and there. The contest might be in their index.

sweet, great build :thumbup:

Thanks. :classic:

Shouldn't this be in Pirates section? :pir-grin:

I struggled with where to put it. It is hard sometimes with cross-themes. It might be a bit too pinky for my fellow Redcoats. :laugh: I guess the moderators can move it if they feel it belongs there more.

AWESOME 'dr_spock'........a very Freind'ly ship there eh ? :grin:

Brick On with your Friend's 'dr_spock' ! :grin:

Thanks. LT. :classic:

A nice ship but i see the sails dont make sense with this frindly theme. I think if you use the one from the Imperial flagship set number 10210 then it will look Awesome.

Cheers

Thanks. I picked up the QAR salls and boat hulls for free. Unfortunately, I don't have a Imperial flagship. Imperial flagship sails would probably work well too if the ship was built with white ship hulls from the Friends Dolphin Cruiser set. Actually that might make a nice tall ship. Somebody should try to build one. :classic:

Not enough pink. There, I said it.

And believe me, I'm not a Friends enthusiast. Nor a pink enthusiast. But a Pink Pearl, well, it should be pink....

^I agree. I expected more pink and "girly" colors.

I do agree about the different sail usage, but can't beat free.

I had considered building a ship from the white hull of the Dolphin Cruiser, but never got around to it.

It might be a good idea to use the female pirate hat from the actual QAR ship to give the captain some true colors.

Thanks for the feedback.

Lets try some more pink and purple.

pink3.jpg

Is it worthwhile to tile the rest of the deck pink? Would that be pink overload?

pink4.jpg

Captain cabin is now the pink room. :classic:

pinkroom.jpg

I think I like dark brown outside and pink inside. :laugh:

pink5.jpg

Edited by dr_spock

What a nice build. The look and feel of the ship is wonderful and maybe this is the push I need to leave my dank/dark world of building scary black and white trains and move back into town building.

Try making sails for it, out of pink or purple construction paper.

Tile the deck pink; see what it's like.

What a nice build. The look and feel of the ship is wonderful and maybe this is the push I need to leave my dank/dark world of building scary black and white trains and move back into town building.

Thanks. :classic:

Try making sails for it, out of pink or purple construction paper.

Tile the deck pink; see what it's like.

Pink tiled deck doesn't look bad. Hmm, I wonder how LEGO make their sails.

pinkdeck.jpg