Robinson

[MOC] 6263 Imperial Outpost Redesigned

Neat build, Robinson!

I always liked this set, and your modern update is very accurate with some cool details. The tan instead of white and yellow looks pretty good. I like the canted dock and the arches over openings. I also like how the structure was kept to the same scale with unrealistic openings for play value just like the original.

Keep on Brickin'!

Very nicely built indeed! It's one of the things I like most, old sets redesigned with new colors and techniques.

I remember i always wanted to have this set as a kid. You've taken it to the next level Robinson. It looks amazing redesigned. pirate_classic.gif

Splendid rework! Had this set as a TFOL, you improved it a lot but kept all the original features! Switching the officer's with the pirate's outfit is a bit confusing, though, but true to the original in terms of color pirate_wink.gif

Great job,

Keep it up!

KB

I love how you redid one of the sets from my childhood. I am especially fond of the authentic look of the palm tree. Thank you for posting this.

Thank you all for your amazing comments. I honored blogged in Classic-Pirates. Want to make some bluecoat stuff in near future too.

It's really an awesome design. The changes are minimal, but they prove you're lucky to have preserved such a rare set! it's some 20 years old - the older, the better as good wine. As far as I know, it's the only set without a ship but with a redcoat admiral! It can be a pearl of any pirates collection.

To my mind, only the Imperial trading post of 1989 is much cooler.

I always enjoy set rebuilds, and this is a superb one default_wubnew.gif Lovely details, with the angled dock, dark red roof, and torches thumbup.gif