Sign in to follow this  
vitreolum

Golem Hunt

Had this golem build for a while, and I need to take it apart for the parts. I didn't have the time and mood to make a proper landscape so I just threw this silly base together.

Will probably add a detailed story later, main idea is the characters get a job (build 1) to hunt down a golem (build 2).

15270817880_b9f4d8d496_c.jpg

15434432236_6987822205_c.jpg

Would like to claim UoP credits for:

- flowing water

Edited by vitreolum

Wow... nice build.

I especially like the flooring in the first and the boldness of the foilage in the second moc.

Really like that dk brown flooring on the first vig! :thumbup: The scatter technique on the second MOC is very unique and works fairly well, especially with the bright vegitation! +1 on the UoP credit.

Both builds are beautiful! I really l like the second one! Lovely done

These are great, inventive builds. I think you are probably one of a few that could possibly pull off landscaping like in the second one. Love that golem especially, though, as it reminds me of Attack on Titan!

That said, I don't think I'll ever be a fan of the landscaping technique you used in the second build. I admire the look you pulled off, but I'm not a huge fan of throwing loose pieces together as water or ground or whatever.

These are neat little builds.

That said, I don't think I'll ever be a fan of the landscaping technique you used in the second build. I admire the look you pulled off, but I'm not a huge fan of throwing loose pieces together as water or ground or whatever.

I do like how the landscaping looks, but I agree with mccoyed that the loose piece groupings do not look as nice as the other excellent builds you have done.

Great job on the first build, excellent flooring technique! I really like the wall and the fig combo's as well :thumbup:

Nice groundwork with the second one, the vegetation definitely helps with the scatter technique :classic:

I really like the wall and floor designs for the first vignette and the second one being such a simple idea but it works beautifully! Good job. :thumbup:

Very cool build! I really like the look of the floor in the first one, I'm going to have to use that technique. As for the second one, very innovative, I actually like it. I think it looks like the the golem has smashed all the surrounding trees/buildings/etc., and it totally works for me. Great job!

So crazy and I love it! The first scene is beautiful! Great colours, minifigs and light!

The second is craaaazy! HAs a really post apolyctic feel to it! Great idea!

The first build is lovely! A beautiful moc all around.

The second one is very original. Way to think out of the box.

Great job! Keep up the good work :)

+1 UoP DoH. Very innovative landscape and I love the floor and interior in the first moc :thumbup:

The first build is very clean and has nice texturing on the floor. :thumbup: Oddly, the loose pieces for the base of the second works amazingly well! Great figs too!

+1 for the flowing water. Interesting technique for the landscape in the second shot. Reminds me in some way of the really twisted volcanic landscapes in Hawaii.

Thanks a lot guys, not very sure how much I like the second one, but it does somehow work. Maybe a better choice of parts and removing the large plates would improve it (I just dumped the brown parts from the zip straight into the light tent).

Great vignette and that second MOC (/brick pile? :wink:) looks very good as well!

UoP +1 for flowing water. I don't think I've seen that many of that kind of piece used for water before?

You have instructions or a LDD file for that second build to share with us vitreolum? .. :laugh:

It looks quiet well in this picture.. but I guess its just a thing that can be done one time.. if somebody tries to copy it, this novelty technique won't work anymore

Very innovative builds! The first build is very well done, and While im not a fan of the technique in the second one I must admit that it came out very well. Perhapse it would feel more natural without those random studs up plates that upset the feel of fallen trees and stuff.