narbilu

Bran’s Tale [you decide his fate]

From the author:

I decided to write a story based on the son of Narbilu. The fun part will be that I will let you decide how the story progresses. At the end of every story, I will give you a multiple choice question of what will happen in the next chapter. Apart from any comments on the moc, please help me create a community based story around the son of my sigfig. Thanks.

Chapter 0 – Prologue

It was the day after Yull, one of our seasonal feasts. I was strolling along the men who are preparing for conquering back our homeland, Hemresa. The smith is sharpening the blades, women are packing supplies and the footmen pored the leftovers of the feast into their already filled tummies. I end up at the dock, where over four ships are packed and ready for transporting over a hundred men to the nearest beach on Hemresa. The sight of the vessels almost brought tears in my eyes. So much beauty. The thought that we are going to battle. But most of all, that we are going to do everything to get back what is rightfully ours. I can’t recall how long I stood there, dreaming, when a small lad pulled my leather harness. A messenger from my dad. I am expected in his quarters immediately.

15270241598_6892a3f06c_o.jpg

With a sturdy pace, I headed to the main hall, where he has an office in the basement. As I walked down the stairs, the cold of the walls shivered my face. I expected to encounter a full room of commanders, but I was alone with Nar Bilu, my father, leaning over a map on his oak table.

Nar
Come closer Bran.

Bran
Where are the others dad?

Nar
What others do you mean?

Bran
Aren’t we going to discuss strategic matters for the siege of Hemresa?

Nar
I’m sorry son, but fate has decided otherwise for you. The rune masters bones tell me that you must wonder into Historica as I did when I was your age.

Bran
But dad! We are going into battle!

Nar
SILENCE! Watch my finger.

As I shut up, my head followed the hand of Nar Bilu move over the map, ending on Hemresa.

Nar
That was the path that made me the man I am. Now it’s your turn to make your own connections, friends and even enemies. Make mistakes, maybe even learn some magic, just don’t get yourself killed.

Bran
Why now?

Nar
Hemresa is MY responsibility, I will get it back. When you return, you will be ready to sit beside me and be my successor. Let me explain; I met my commanders during my travels, I learned a lot from my journey, about people, politics and trading. How to spend my last dime and how to gain riches. I fought beside men I didn’t know and joined battlefields next to the men I trusted most about their cause. I made enemies and allies. I gained scars, a reputation, so when I settled in Avalonia, the Lords granted me with the same title and a piece of land over which I am going to rule again soon. So why now? I don’t want you to be my shadow, but I want you to become the light itself, a man with the same respect I had when I settled here. It is your turn to decide your fate yourself.

Bran
But where should I start?

Nar
Ask someone you trust, or decide yourself. One of the giant eagles is at your disposal to drop you wherever you want. Pack lightly. Godspeed my son.

He hugged me, gave me a small pouch with some coins and a gem. Something to get me on my way. I walked outside where my mother and sister already stood waiting to say their goodbyes. We also hugged. After a short visit to my chambers, where I packed a small backpack with rations, I took my axe and a small shield and walked in a straight line to the eagle.

The tale continues soon, now you can decide his fate:

Where should Bran go:

1) Mitgardia

2) Nocturnus

He will encounter a person, that person will be:

A) In need of help

B) Attacking at first sight

Next weekend I will decide, based on your posts what moc I will create for the next chapter.

Thanks in advance for participating.

Edited by narbilu

Being the pacifist that I am, and carefull of the position of Mitgardia in `between guilds` relationships, I would go for sending him off to Nocturnus where he gets attacked on first sight.

That way, our snowy lands keep their hands clean in all this :devil:

Mitgardia, person needing help

I think a attacking Moc would be to ordinary, but a lot could be done with someone who needs help

Edited by LordDan

Nocturnus, and there are a lot of people who needs help there!

Edit: That would be 2 A.

Edited by Gideon

2B.. Sorry, i am a nocturnian. :devil: Awesome idea though, to let the community decide how the story goes!

2C! Noccy, and meets a person who appears to need help but actually wants to attack!

That would certainly be typical noct!

To the rest, thanks for all your quick and enthousiastic posts! This will be a fun project.

Id say 2 a. Good idea this, its a bit like the books I read as a kid, where you picked an outcome then went to whatever page it said.

Ooh, this looks interesting! As for what to do with the lad, I vote 1B... Especially If he encounters one of those bearded mitgardian ladies - he's probably going to get attacked.

:laugh:

I vote 2A, and I like the idea of tying back to the civil war. It'll be curious to see how this plays out. :classic:

2A! This is definitely an awesome, original idea! Can't wait to see how this story plays out! :classic: