Sign in to follow this  
InfurnallDragon

On Ebay This Moment: "Makita" Terrida

Found this after watching what I named the thread after.

In yet another crazy effort to pass time til the 9th, what crazy things have you seen on ebay (or other places)? Do you have any cool stories about getting old sets from places such as thrift stores and online auctions since they have stopped occupying shelves?

Find a funny eBay listing? Parody it like Ven would to get in the OP for a while under the red text. This does not have to be BIONICLE Exclusive, it just started because of a BIONICLE fan's youtube videos.

UPDATE: Makita Terrida was sold. I will continue updating this thread on occasion with the funnier listings Ebay has to offer, but only as long as someone else replies in this thread to keep it from being just me telling jokes at the cyber-winds.

First Parodied Listing; Makita:

Remember the main plot of Bionicle? Remember how Makuta wanted to take over the world by tricking the Toa into using the Mask of Life? Well at some point he must have said "Screw waiting, Ill just take the mask for myself" and he did.

Except- in this alternate reality- he wasn't a he. She is "makita". Thanks rule 63! Now you can get your very own female Teridax, who totally proves women are better than men over all by achieving what main universe Teridax didn't have the technic pieces to do. Did you want shredder claws? TOO BAD KID! She uses the SHREDDER STAFF! She seems to have completely ditched the kanohi Kray-kun in favor of this legendary mask.

$_57.JPG

[Disclaimers: this is not my auction, I know Makita is not the feminine form of Makuta (its actually a power tool company), EDIT: the seller did not put this together this way but whoever did was a genius!, not meant to insult the lister only to be silly]

On Ebay This Moment:

Well it has been... 21 hours? Whatever. For further entertainment in the final hours before BIONICLE's big announcement tomorrow, I have scoured the depths of eBay to bring you these... things... I had almost given up hope. I began to think that there truly wasn't anything interesting left to talk about. But here they are:

Lego Bionicle CUSTOM BUILT Figure with Special MASK INFECTED HAU ~ FREE SHIP

Following in the footsteps of James the Third who gave us Koblacka and Dark Knight Tahu, someone else is now trying to sell Tahu's Evil Twin. Act out what could have happened if Tahu was canonically infected, in this all black but better than James' tahu. Why is it better? It actually combines the powers of Black Kopaka and Black Tahu! He has both Tahu's fire sword and Kopaka's black shield. Just like the original Better in Black customs this $29.90 one comes with with a "FREE SHIP". That is right- a ship! Order this and get the fanfic of the heartwarming, tear-jerking romantic relationship you never knew Koblacka and Dark Night Tahu actually had, and how it led to the creation of this spawn.

You may remember a certain listing in Ven's series. Yes. He is still out there... At this point I'm convinced that this poser just likes the attention. So lets kick him aside to look at this new guy:

Bionicles Collection Over 100 figures and Misc. Figures and parts. MAKE OFFER!

Now this is how its done! He offers a much more realistic price for the whole collection, and arguably in better density in terms of plastic per dollar. He is even accepting offers for individual sets unlike certain listers. If you are interested in any of these items, you probably have a better shot at striking a deal here as this guy seems to be taking eBay more seriously.

Remember "Hahli"? Yeah she is still out there too. Thought that was disturbing? Get a load of this one:

2002 Lego Bionicle Set 8568 Pohatu Nuva Assembled In The Jar

Now I will be honest: Im not sure what "assembled in the jar" is supposed to mean. Maybe they tried to put pohatu together in his canister using tweasers like a ship in the bottle. Maybe they thought there wasn't enough nightmare fuel in the world of BIONICLE, so they butchered a Turaga and used its limbs to extend Pohatu's neck to match the other Toa Nuva. Anyone with a short-term memory that can endure longer than a 3rd of a second of thought can see that this Pohatu looks nothing like the Pohatu on the "jar". I don't even want to know what the Karzahni he is doing in that 5th pic. It looks like all the pieces are there though, even if the seller refuses to use them properly, along with Pohatu's canister for collectors at the reasonable price of 12 USD.

UPDATE: Here's one that is going fast:

Bionicle Ussanui 8596- If you're like me, you couldnt afford Takanuva back in 2001(lol sorry) Generation 1 and still cant afford him since he is now in the Pantheon of Collector's Item Gods.

But hey! if you only wanted his sweet hoverbike here it is. Takanuva finally noticed he has outgrown his old bike and is trying to sell it on eBay for the price of a titan set.

In yet another crazy effort to pass time til the 9th, what crazy things have you seen on ebay? Do you have any cool stories about getting old sets from places such as thrift stores and online auctions since they have stopped occupying shelves?

You may have read mine in another great thread:

The final set I got from a retailer was the Stars Rahkshi to finish off BIONICLE's final wave. A bit after BIONICLE ended I made it my goal to fulfill my childhood dream of obtaining all 6 original Rahkshi, which were my all-time favorite villains. In the time they were on the shelves of retailers I was only able to get Guurahk. Guurahk, being a "son of Makuta", was modified several times to keep him the main villain of my stories. Through several snipes and deals I managed to collect all 6(+1) rahkshi and restore Guurahk to his original form.

But I also found Lewa just recently. The one toa mata I always wanted, but my family only gave me 3 of his Nuva form... Edited by InfurnallDragon

Ha! I've seen every episode of On Ebay Today... but why did you cancel it?

In the final episode's comments:

Thanks for all your positive comments! Ven decided to end it for a multitude of reasons. He felt like he was running out of inspiration due to using up all the good Ebay listings, and the workload was getting a bit much for him. He offered for other people to take up the mantle of responsibility and host the series for him, but nobody wanted to because we felt like it would tamper with the feel of the series too much.

It could come back one day, but it's not too likely. Ven does have another series in the pipeline, though. :P

I almost didnt make this thread, part because of how appropriate mods might deem it, part I didnt want to do something that could possibly insult the great original. But apparently this is Mesonak approved :D

In the final episode's comments:

I almost didnt make this thread, part because of how appropriate mods might deem it, part I didnt want to do something that could possibly insult the great original. But apparently this is Mesonak approved :D

Ah, I see... Glad it's Mesonak approved! :)

Ebay sellers are hilarious.

Oftentimes I find great deals buying parts lots, and in those cases I don't care how much a seller knows about his wares; however, there are many other sellers who, out of ignorance or some sad attempt at a scam, try to auction "complete figures" which they obviously know nothing about. Only once have I bought a complete figure on Ebay, and in that case the seller obviously knew what he was doing, even going so far as to include a Peeron parts list with the shipped figure.

That is actually pretty amazing that someone took their listing that far, Kumquat. As I said ive put my trust into a few sellers before and got just what I wanted. Probably out of sheer luck though. (I havent really tested any of the kraata against lore source to see if they were legit, and Im pretty sure lewa's eyes are the wrong color).

Related to getting older sets in deals I have noticed in my new MoC that older set pieces are far more durable than the later years of BIONICLE. My Mata Nui wave set broke the day I got it. A dust-caked Vakama's limbs and half a Leerahk I found in a yardsale were attached to the friction joins of CCBS several times and removed several times in trials and errors without so much as a scratch.

Edited by InfurnallDragon

Lol, wow.

But I do love this "Ackar".

Ackar wanted to be able to compete with Malum in the arena- so he got BUFF! But in order to pay for his new fitness regime he turned to a life of banditry. He stole the only pieces Mata Nui had that didnt break the moment he took his first steps in Bara Magna. At some point he had even stolen Brutaka's double-sided sword. His darker life-style lead to a darkened mood as we can plainly see in his color scheme. He even painted Brutaka's swords to reflect his blackened mood. This negativity did not impede his ingenuity however! Rather than wearing a jetpack he stole on his back, he turned Brutaka's swords into a massive propeller and he uses the jetpack to pull him through the air the exact same way Superman's hands pull him through the air! Despite the means, Ackar is now a black and gold Superman able to finally help his people of the Fire Tribe.

Was

not enough? Want to begin assembling the full toa mata back in black to face off against their 2015 remakes? You can come one step closer with:

BIONICLE 8536 KOPAKA in ALL BLACK, CUSTOM BUILT free ship

.Yes, Onua's armory was pilfered again- probably by Ackar- to bring you this toa of icy roads. And if that isnt enough, join us next time when Onua hires Ackar to steal Kopaka's Pikari and armor in revenge to become Onua in ALL WHITE!

Interestingly, this Kopaka is by the same person, and it does look really cool. I considered making one myself with Stars Skrall.

The return of the immortal SHREDDER CLAWS. This is also listed by the creators of the Black Toa line. Make no mistake, Piruk does indeed have SHREDDER CLAWS, as the seller emphasizes: "PIRUK LE-MATORAN WITH SHREDDER CLAWS. ARMED WITH TWO SHREDDER CLAWS." If you missed out on the Le-Matoran that started it all here is your chance.

Finally, brace your eyes for the jarring image of this next one. Insaniac from the cult classic Small Soldiers. Didn't know he was a BIONICLE? Of course he is! He was a robot in a team of robots with destiny and duty after all! Need further proof beyond that and its location in ebay's sorting? Just look at that description.

Product InformationHahli's magical mask of Detection and her superior sixth sense make her invaluable in the search for the Mask of Life. Her energized hydro harpoon can punch through even the thickest protodermis armor. She has a zamor sphere launcher. Zamor spheres are transparent hollow balls that can be filled with liquids, gases, or kinds of energy. When a Zamor sphere hits its target, it turns intangible to let its payload take effect. 46 pieces. LEGO Bionicle Toa Igniters: Toa Hahli , toa hahli, toa ignitersLEGO, Toys, Construction
Apparently Insaniac is actually Hahli. First she mutated into a toa, then into an underwater valkyrie, and finally into the ghastly yet beloved form of Insaniac from a favorite childhood movie. Take her/him/whatever home to complete your collection of every Hahli iteration to date. Edited by InfurnallDragon

I would buy that. Good way to get the Makuta (as I already have his mask) and an Ignika. Still hilarious though!

Lol, wow.

But I do love this "Ackar".

Ackar wanted to be able to compete with Malum in the arena- so he got BUFF! But in order to pay for his new fitness regime he turned to a life of banditry. He stole the only pieces Mata Nui had that didnt break the moment he took his first steps in Bara Magna. At some point he had even stolen Brutaka's double-sided sword. His darker life-style lead to a darkened mood as we can plainly see in his color scheme. He even painted Brutaka's swords to reflect his blackened mood. This negativity did not impede his ingenuity however! Rather than wearing a jetpack he stole on his back, he turned Brutaka's swords into a massive propeller and he uses the jetpack to pull him through the air the exact same way Superman's hands pull him through the air! Despite the means, Ackar is now a black and gold Superman able to finally help his people of the Fire Tribe.

I actually can imagine Ven saying this...

UPDATE: Rule 63 Makuta Terridax was sold. Congrats to the lucky buyer. The set itself was nearly complete, as LewiMOC said, with the need for just a few pieces to set up the full Terridax.

Also the infamous SHREDDER CLAWS have found a new home.

Koblacka and... "Hahli"... are still out there.

Adding to our action figure sideshow:

LEGO Custom-Made BIONICLE WARRIOR #7 with Gray MATATU Mask + Free Shipping

Ackar the bandit-mercenary strikes again! This matoran, clearly a veteran of not just the BIONICLE WARS but also of Karzahni's "repairs", sports the SHREDDER CLAWS of Piruk. How do I know he was in Karzahni's lands? Just look at that horrifying leopard print ground! These are the aesthetics only the mad lord of creation himself would apply. More interesting than that, he appears to be far happier than Karzahni's other hapless building frenzies. Just look at him frolicking happily in that totally real, totally not astroturf, field of sunshine and shininess. This unique character has Dual-Functions! Always a plus! Rip off his hands and swap them with those cleavers- as demonstrated in the photos. There are 3 of them available for 10.88 USD.

Ever wanted the Kanohi Vahi, Great Mask of Time? This guy has them- in fact he has all of them:

BIONICLE Mask of Time VAHI RARE hard to find item!

Not only does this seller commit the sin of rhyming "very rare" to "vahi rare", they at some point had over one-hundred-six (106) of these vahi rare I mean very rare masks. As they say in their listing:

You are bidding on a Bionicle VAHI MASK OF TIME that there were less than 35,000 made and we have SOLD the most on ebay. (Check out our FEEDBACK!) OUR #1 SELLER OF ALL TIME! Great for a Birthday Gift! . They were for promotional use only, never sold in any store. (It is an Orange mask that fits on your guys just like other masks!)

How in Karzahni, the leopard-print realm of chaos, do you acquire 106+ of these things? Regardless, they are selling only a little, "more than 10" for 6.75 USD a piece at the time I viewed this. You could get that "Great Birthday Gift! ." for your 106, Omega Tahus in preparation for their 2015 rebirth.

Well it has been... 21 hours? Whatever. For further entertainment in the final hours before BIONICLE's big announcement tomorrow, I have scoured the depths of eBay to bring you these... things... I had almost given up hope. I began to think that there truly wasn't anything interesting left to talk about. But here they are:

Lego Bionicle CUSTOM BUILT Figure with Special MASK INFECTED HAU ~ FREE SHIP

Following in the footsteps of James the Third who gave us Koblacka and Dark Knight Tahu, someone else is now trying to sell Tahu's Evil Twin. Act out what could have happened if Tahu was canonically infected, in this all black but better than James' tahu. Why is it better? It actually combines the powers of Black Kopaka and Black Tahu! He has both Tahu's fire sword and Kopaka's black shield. Just like the original Better in Black customs this $29.90 one comes with with a "FREE SHIP". That is right- a ship! Order this and get the fanfic of the heartwarming, tear-jerking romantic relationship you never knew Koblacka and Dark Night Tahu actually had, and how it led to the creation of this spawn.

You may remember a certain listing in Ven's series. Yes. He is still out there... At this point I'm convinced that this poser just likes the attention. So lets kick him aside to look at this new guy:

Bionicles Collection Over 100 figures and Misc. Figures and parts. MAKE OFFER!

Now this is how its done! He offers a much more realistic price for the whole collection, and arguably in better density in terms of plastic per dollar. He is even accepting offers for individual sets unlike certain listers. If you are interested in any of these items, you probably have a better shot at striking a deal here as this guy seems to be taking eBay more seriously.

Remember "Hahli"? Yeah she is still out there too. Thought that was disturbing? Get a load of this one:

2002 Lego Bionicle Set 8568 Pohatu Nuva Assembled In The Jar

Now I will be honest: Im not sure what "assembled in the jar" is supposed to mean. Maybe they tried to put pohatu together in his canister using tweasers like a ship in the bottle. Maybe they thought there wasn't enough nightmare fuel in the world of BIONICLE, so they butchered a Turaga and used its limbs to extend Pohatu's neck to match the other Toa Nuva. Anyone with a short-term memory that can endure longer than a 3rd of a second of thought can see that this Pohatu looks nothing like the Pohatu on the "jar". I don't even want to know what the Karzahni he is doing in that 5th pic. It looks like all the pieces are there though, even if the seller refuses to use them properly, along with Pohatu's canister for collectors at the reasonable price of 12 USD.

Sign in to follow this