sonicstarlight

Jewelry Store, Pizzeria, and Bricklyn Bike

I really like the bike shop the most. Although I'd want to use black windows with that color facade. But I like how it turned out. I don't love a blank wall of brick bricks though. I just don't for some reason.

The walkway inbetween the two smaller buildings is neat. I've considered doing that before, but wasn't sure how I'd execute it. I see now how that is quite easy to follow through with.

I like seeing all of the 16 wides together. A very big variety there.

Thanks for sharing your interpretation of BS&C, sonicstarlight. It's nice to see, how you keep the original ideas of details, but still make the buildings into your own. And making the buildings 14 wide instead of 16 wide is also an interesting thing to do. It adds new sides of the modulars, eg. the passage. Your MOC bike shop really has an industrial look. But could also easily go for being an old department store, except maybe for the ground floor. And I absolutely do not mind your idea of putting the bikes on the upper floors. As an open-back/classic town/city guy, I did not even think about the problems the minifigs will have bringing the bikes up and down. - And your minifigs are more lucky than mine, in all my collection, there is only one toilet :wink:

As I said before, great to see you back and that you haven't lost the touch. Love the bike shop, especially the industrial feel and the cute little bike above the front door.

9198929916_b0540e73a9_o.png

I love these buildings! You included so many great details from the jewels on the outside of the jewelry store to the interior of the pizza place. I love how the 14-wide buildings break of the monotony of the street; I will have to consider varying the sizes of the buildings in my city a bit.

How many copies of the Bike Shop and Cafe did you use?

I really like the bike shop the most. Although I'd want to use black windows with that color facade. But I like how it turned out. I don't love a blank wall of brick bricks though. I just don't for some reason.

I have a real love/hate relationship with brick bricks. They seem like such a great way to add some texture to a build, but I have never been able to find a good use for them until now. To me they only work as single rows or columns - the way the texture tiles when you do anything more than that just doesn't work for me. That first floor of the bike shop was the single thing I kept returning to and second guessing myself on, but now that it's done and I'm used to it I'm starting to warm up to brick bricks.

As I said before, great to see you back and that you haven't lost the touch. Love the bike shop, especially the industrial feel and the cute little bike above the front door.

Thanks for the kind words and the blog post - you have a great site. Thanks also for those tutorials on how to make instructions, which is something I always felt was overwhelming but now am seriously considering looking into.

I love these buildings! You included so many great details from the jewels on the outside of the jewelry store to the interior of the pizza place. I love how the 14-wide buildings break of the monotony of the street; I will have to consider varying the sizes of the buildings in my city a bit.

How many copies of the Bike Shop and Cafe did you use?

Only 1, and I don't think buying multiple copies of this set would necessarily be the best way to go as there really aren't a lot of standard bricks for all the walls - easily the biggest chunk of what I had to order to finish it. The Bike Shop is an amazing parts set for modulars in general, though, so there is no harm in getting a second (or third).

Very excellent moc! Great job! I like so much this king of modulars. Interesting idea the alley between the houses

In this moment I'm searching some ideas for the city centre of my City diorama and this is a very good inspiration.

These are fantastic! I'm a fan of the jewellery store/pizzeria - really great work, especially the thought that went into how the residents would access the apartments!

Such a shame that we can't get instructions to build these amazing models. I'd happily pay the going rate. :classic:

It is a real challenge turning Creator sets into modulars that fit with ones collection. You have done an outstanding job of this!

Many of us are still trying to figure out how to do this so that our old Creator sets look good on the same shelf as the modulars.

Thanks for more fine builds and lots of ideas on how to combine the two lines.

Wow great job with these modular buildings you could have fooled into thinking that these were sets

Wow great job with the modular buildings. You could have fooled me into thinking that these were actual sets

WOW :laugh: fantastic work the details on the interior and exterior just work so well , you sir are a true artist :grin:

love the bike-ship inside and out. great look for an inner-city building. and a great "simple" looking showroom, with nice shop to pay.

also the pizza-shop itself has an nice feel to it. just as you would see your own pizza-shop to be.

the jewelery-store is just missing something, but i can't pinpoint it, so really great job at transforming these sets