Sign in to follow this  
Amiko

MOC / MOD Modular News Building

Hi. Thought I'd shove up my very first MOC / MOD. It's heavily influenced by the Daily Bugle and I did it as an exercise to see if I was capable of performing the strange mathematics / engineering / voodoo necessary to wrangle a modular out of an existing set. I chose to do a news building first as I have a (hardly updated) blog that mirrors the 'LEGO NEWS' 2x2 tile in terms of design, so making the office in which the blog is written added to the fun.

Inside is a bit sparse to be frank - the bottom floor is supposed to be a chilled, corporate looking, swish lobby in which members of the public can grab a coffee and be interviewed for the paper. A flight of stairs leads to the white walled workhouse, in which the poorly paid staff slave away. Overlooking this is a mezzanine level, where the editor in chief gets to bark at his staff from above. A ladder leads from there onto the split level roof, just in case the place bursts into flames or whatnot! (the place is, after all, a hotbed of activity).

I did have a better picture of the front of the building but the windows were filthy... lol I'll find some better photos if there's any interest in the project.

Overall, it was great fun to do and I'm now hooked on making modulars.

PS - hope I've got the posting of images correct in terms of netiquette here...

15263339280_a9cd2d9f42_z.jpgLego News Building - Front by Nova_Amiko, on Flickr

15449697452_9d1053a94b_z.jpgLego News Building - Rear by Nova_Amiko, on Flickr

I like the look of that. Would love to see some more.

Keep clicking those bricks together!

I would be interested in building a news station in modular style, however the big challenge is how to construct a Doppler radar on the roof.