WoutStopmotion

Lego World 2014 (NL)

So why isn't there a topic about this yet? Thought i'd make it.

Wouldn't know what to say though... um, discuss Lego World! Are you going? Are you displaying MOCS? Talk about it!

Lego announced at their dutch facebook:

Attentie, attentie! Dit is een koninklijke aankondiging: Peter van der Vorst zal tijdens de opening van LEGO® World het Koninklijke LEGO model onthullen. Kinderen (en andere liefhebbers natuurlijk ook) zijn daarbij meer dan welkom om verkleed te komen als koning en koningin om deze dag nog specialer te maken!

Translation: Attention, Attention! This is a royal annoucement: Peter van der Vorst wil reveal the Royal Lego Model during the opening. Kids (and of course other lego fans) are more then welcome to dress up as kings as queens to make this day even more special!

I wonder how this royal model will look like :)

Probably a statue of our King Willy. :grin:

(dutch members will understand the link to Lucky tv)

I will see it next monday.

I'll be attending LW again. I have my display almost ready, all seven days but just 2.4 meters.

Anyone else going?

I was there last year and would very much have liked to go back, but I couldn't make it as an exhibitor, and it's a bit far to travel just to visit, even though it's a great show. Maybe next year...

I'll be there too! :excited:

I'm visiting with my sister and cousin on Monday, 20th October :sweet:

Regards,

Mitch

So everyone's attending on Monday. Well, guess what... me too!

I originally wanted to go on Sunday but due to various reasons it was more practical to go on Monday, so now i'm going with my dad.

I've heard that this year and all the years after there won't be a marketplace, only the brick buckets and the Intertoys. I'm very disappointed by this, but what do you think?

Wait what *huh* no stands where people can sell (used) LEGO and stuff?

CRAP! *oh2*

Awh, man... if that's true, this is the last year I'll be going.

That's why I always visited LEGOworld in the first place :cry_sad:

Damnit...

Maybe my last year too, dunno. I always liked the stands as well. Scoring that one old minifig for a few bucks always was more fun to come home with than a cheapy polybag in the goodiebags they give out.

Still though, i've also heard that this year there's better mocs and less people stalling out their "private collections", seems interesting but i'll have to see for myself.

Hmm.. the MOC's better be a lot more interesting then.

With all due respect to the creators/builders, after seeing a lot, it's not really new and that exciting anymore.

At least not the stuff displayed at LEGOworld... Even if the MOC's aren't all the same (which is hardly ever the case, of course).

But yeah, we'll see...

Hm :sceptic:

I go on thursday i've been their like 7 times now but first it was in Zwolle.

I hope the market is still their i was looking forward to pick up some old sets :sweet:

I hope the market is still their i was looking forward to pick up some old sets :sweet:
I've heard that this year and all the years after there won't be a marketplace

Atleast there's a minifig swapping stand... i guess. I'm building up some of my CMF's to swap there. Besides, did you mean Tuesday instead of Thursday? Lego World ends on Wednesday...

I heard on Lowlug there are also special things sold by the pick abrick from lego itself. Some people bought some huskies.

I try to insert a picture from somebody who made a photo of the map. It looks as 6, 35 and 40 are the interesting spots to buy some special bricks from Lego themselves.

Edit: ofcourse my link doesn't work so I try another to the map of the person.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47783202@N07/

Edited by Wout

Yeah, i've seen that picture already. I've also seen some posts on LowLUG that there were baseplates for just a few euros! Definitely checking it out, and i would've posted about this on LowLUG if it weren't for the fact that i'm sorta banned on there, heh. I'm also bringing about seven useless CMF's to check out the fig-swapping stand. Still though, that doesn't change that there's no marketplace. Old Lego > new Lego for me, so i'm still disappointed with that.

If for whatever reason you'd want to talk with a fellow Lego fan, i look similar to my new sigfig here, minus the guns, plus an orange shirt instead of a red one (and my hair is a bit longer too maybe).

29c75oj.png

Maybe my last year too, dunno. I always liked the stands as well. Scoring that one old minifig for a few bucks always was more fun to come home with than a cheapy polybag in the goodiebags they give out.

This years goodiebag is really good with respect to the polybag, well if you're lucky. I got 4 lake town guard from hobbit out of 7 on different days.

Atleast there's a minifig swapping stand... i guess. I'm building up some of my CMF's to swap there. Besides, did you mean Tuesday instead of Thursday? Lego World ends on Wednesday...

Bring your most crap minifigs ;) it doesn't even need to be CMF, everything is fine :)

Btw, there are also (SW) minifigs in the loose parts buckets. just be first each day and look closely :)

Bring your most crap minifigs ;) it doesn't even need to be CMF, everything is fine :)

Oh? I didn't see that. I'll bring some other stuff then too, like some incomplete CMF's.

Visited LegoWorld today. Had a blast, but really missed the market. I went out with my wife and 16-month old son, so there was only little time to dig into the part buckets, and now reading of the SW minifigures in there I wish I really paid some closer attention... My wife scored the bulk of stuff, going all out on Friends.

Being relatively new in the AFOL community, are there any worth mentioning real-time "markets" in Holland where you can buy parts?

Edited by Johan the Yellowhead

I was today at lego world and it was crowded, but nice.

Every year there is a big statue of Rubeus Hagrid somewhere, but this was the first year I heard a little boy say to his dad: "Look, It's Obi-wan Kenobi!" :grin:

I heard they sold some stuff apart in the little shops from Lego themselves, and I searched for huskies, but they were already sold, they only had new black horses and 16x16 plates in tan. and the grabbeltonnen. Sorry don't know the english word for it.

The old city tower of Dorderecht was a very nice moc and I liked the city next to it also very much. I thought the big castle from the frontpage here on Eurobrick made by Ecclesiastes was also there. It was amazing to see it in real. I liked the vegetable garden from Landgoed Vollenhove also very much and.... so much more

I try to post some links to flickr streams with photo's

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jojotje/sets/72157648448277769/page3/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51102529@N07/sets/72157648742885096/

@Johan the Yellowhead: As far as I know on this moment only the big legoshop Playtoday on the Lange Tiendeweg 31 in Gouda. They have a small selection of a pick-a-brick wall. and you can also buy 3 minifigs for 10 euro you have build yourself from what they have on a shelf.

Edited by Wout

TLC had there reasons for not allowing market stalls. And although I enjoyed the market stalls as well, everything sold there is cheaper on bricklink.

I thought the big castle from the frontpage here on Eurobrick made by Ecclesiastes was also there.

Yes it was there :wink:

Surprisingly much old minifigs at the swapping stand! I visited it three times today... Scored myself some old town figs and some space figs too. If you can't find any there, i'm sorry for taking them all :P

I can confirm that the builds this year were of better quality, i really enjoyed most of them. Except for some usual MOCs such as a few train layouts that appear each year at Lego World, there were awesome MOCs and some of them were really mindblowing.

Although there's no marketplace, the old minifigs made up for it a LOT.

Yes it was there :wink:

I think I saw it too. It's very great.

I may even have met you in person but I don't know who you are.

Being relatively new in the AFOL community, are there any worth mentioning real-time "markets" in Holland where you can buy parts?

Yes, there are other LW-like events (much smaller, more for afols, less for kids) organized by the dutch LUG. E.g. Goes and hardenberg clubdagen

I found some good parts in the buckets like tree branches and a owl.

I went near the intertoys stand as it was 2 cents cheaper! I'm dutch you know :tongue:

I only spent 16 euro's as i was looking for special parts.

@clonebricks: in the cheaper buckets were different parts, that's why it was cheaper.

@Wout: thanks for the pics, didn't make any of my display so I'm glad you got half of it on flickr :classic: Will you leave them there for long? else I'm going to download them sooner.