Sign in to follow this  
def

Mafia School- The Cosplay Party: Day One - Blurred Lines

15443254352_16f8579ce6_o.png

And so it begins. Letters are sent out around the land to giddy Eurobricks members.

Stickfig opens his mail.

15257002598_6a4a0863a7_o.png

"Wow! A cosplay party! How'd they know I liked to dress up as Cyclops? He is the most misunderstood of the X-Men, carrying the burden of responsibility of leadership that no other does, while at the same time, suffering the guilt of losing his girlfriend to an elemental being, losing his first wife, who was a demonic clone of that girlfriend, and when finally getting to marry the girl, she dies too!" he ruminates in a long Claremontian schpiel.

"Nobody understands me."

Far, far across town, a young fellow with questionable acting chops named Adventurer1 opens his mailbox and perks up.

15257002508_7206c984e8_o.png

"Honey! Put the buns in! We's is goin' to a cosplay party! Woooee!"

Meanwhile, an old man finds his place in the world.

15256834909_4c5817627c_o.png

"Whao, might I, Mencot the old, find a place in this world? Perhaps at a cosplay party?" he contemplates to himself in his small bachelor apartment. "Lo, I have no costume, these garbs will have to suffice."

In a poorly MOC'ed representation of the New Mexico desert, Lind Whisperer opens her invite.

15443255992_d338a1db4e_o.png

"Lind Whisperer go party, make friend. Lind Whisperer so lonely."

Long story short, everyone got an invite and showed up at an old theatre at roughly the same time.

15443255892_735d1f9177_o.png

Inside, the crowd starts to get to know each other.

"Yeah, Scaevola and I have been doing cosplay together for years. It's kind of sexy, you know?"

15440425331_c85fe58de2_o.png

Lord Duvors looks them up and down. "You know they're brother and sister though, right?"

Scaevola looks a little embarrassed. "But not in the first movie. They kiss. They kiss in the second movie too."

"Yeah, but they were still related. It's not like the first movie was in a different continuity."

"..."

Luckily the awkward silence is broken by the Lazy Chicken.

15257040317_8e03e3b4a6_o.png

"Why so serious?! Ha ha ha!"

No, that's not going to get old.

15256898150_b61f6168b0_o.png

XM explains himself to Kintober. "Obi-Wan is the epitome of Jedi values. He is honourable, brave, and British."

Kintober is diplomatic. "Yes, he's nice and all, but why would you choose to be a prequel version?"

15443603775_29c1c06ede_o.png

Oh jeez.

15257039997_d5643ea6b3_o.png

Stinky Dave is putting on the moves. "So, you know the Ghostbusters were all men, right?"

Brickolodean has heard it before. "You know the Ghostbusters are fictional characters, right? That characters are limited by the imaginations of creators, and not stuck in some uptight concept of canon, right? That the number of male characters in fandom massively outnumbers the number of women, forcing women to take action in order to participate, right?"

"Um..."

15443255052_f4d2079d8b_o.png

Oh....

Finally, a real debate has broken out.

15420531516_4c035083b7_o.png

Jluck states with alarming confidence, "Obviously the comic Batman is superior, it's the source material."

Captain Settle isn't having it. "The movies have a viewership that dwarfs the comics, obviously that is the form that resonates most with people."

Goliath comes along to settle things.

15256833769_b8d5425881_o.png

"Fellows, if I may. First of all, popularity is not and never has been a quantifier of quality. Absolutely horrendous things 'resonate' with the public. The comic Batman is far superior to the film Batman, and not only because it's capable of multiple tones at once, while the movies have one tone they must stick to. The main reason is the movies insistence on being 'serious' when it's in essence, a totally ridiculous character: a child's idea of what a badass adult is like. The character is simply wish fulfilment: no parents, filthy rich, super handsome, always succeeds, he's a Mary Sue!... If you can't have a little tongue in cheek humour with that, you're possibly emotionally stunted. Objectively, Spider-Man is the superior character. While Batman tortures himself over an event he could never have prevented (and is incapable of having healthy relationships on top of that), Spider-Man has a true reason to fight as he does, has powers, which makes him winning every time less ridiculous, and to top it off, he has functioning relationships. He's not a 'playboy billionaire.' Anyone who thinks Batman is a better character..."

Foot steps approach, and the trio brace themselves for an unwanted statement.

15420531386_c2aed8a846_o.png

"I'm Arctic Batman."

So, the movie is about to start, and the motley crew settles down.

15420531276_0d0c5d37e1_o.png

Pyrovisionary grumbles, "Figures Marge Simpson would sit up front."

The lights dim, and a handsome figure fills the screen.

15443254372_3fe016225a_o.png

"Forgive me if I monologue here, I am short for time. I have another engagement to make. This is my grand scheme, You may call me... DR. DEF. I have brought you here to play a little game. A number of you work for me. One by one, they will be taking you out... for good! I am a sporting man, and will give you a chance to live. If you kill them before they kill you, you may live. May..."

He pauses.

"You may begin. Voting opens in 24 hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We're playing. It's started.

To begin with, some opening day strategies.

1. Should you lynch the person who votes first?

No. That person is being pro-active and trying to get the game going. You are about 90% likely to lynch a townie day one, and it can't be helped. But, this can lead to good points in future days. Consider who voted for who, who switched votes, etc. etc. It will show someone to be town or scum. <Scum, consider voting for a teammate on day one or two. If that person is killed, you'll look good, and if you're killed, that person will look good. Ruin the voting record for town>

2. How do decide your vote day one?

Vibes. Who's just being nonsensical all day? Who seems like, if they ended up town and not scum, wouldn't make a big difference? Of course, you want scum, but if you don't, err on the side of safety. <Scum, as long as it isn't you, you're good. BUT, don't go defending townies strongly so that you look good when they come up town. That will backfire. Only scum knows who town is.>

3. How much role-playing is too much?

Role-playing should be considered the dressing on the salad, not the salad. So it's fine to do, but it isn't the point of the game. Herica is basically role-playing, and, to be honest, very little strategy (I'll use my strongest weapon against the bad guy, etc). Mafia is you outwitting other humans. It's something you get better at. What are people doing? Why? That's the point. Then role-play on top of that.

4. Anything else for day one?

Consider day one you placing the sticks down for a fire, night one will be lighting the fire, and things will take shape from there. Send PMs to people you suspect and say you seem to trust them. Send PMs to people you think are townish, and don't tell much. DON'T BLAB YOUR ROLE DAY ONE. Don't blab. Have fun.

All roles in this game are from the section on this page under the heading Roles which are explicitly Normal: http://wiki.mafiascu...tle=Normal_Game

Have fun!

Non-Player Characters

15233214767_02391c6d48_o.png Doctor Def

Players

15396635666_70f45e1426_o.png Stinky Dave (piratedave) - Only cosplays pirates.

15396635686_e906b196ce_o.png Stickfig (Stickfig) - Cosplays Cyclops

15233137127_bd4c68324e_o.png Captain Settle (Captain Settle) - Cosplays dusty movie Batman

15233003380_8a919fce81_o.png Kintober (Kintober) - Cosplays Marge Simpson

15416512751_5766689413_o.png Lind Whisperer (Lind Whisperer) - Cosplays Hulk

15233136817_e4ec3a7343_o.png Jamesn (Jamesn) - Furry

15233092678_e83f24f9aa_o.png Pyrovisionary (Pyrovisionary) - Cosplays Rocket Raccoon

15419683415_bc3bb0f2b2_o.png jluckhaupt (jluckhaupt) - Cosplays comic Batman

15232930519_53dd68c9fa_o.pngTheLazyChicken (TheLazyChicken) - Cosplays Joker

15419683055_85e699ba96_o.pngmostlytechnic (mostlytechnic) - Cosplays Storm

15232930529_291f898226_o.pngScaevola (Scaevola) - Cosplays Princess Leia

15232930479_afd9fc000b_o.png Adventurer1 (Adventurer1) - Cosplays Luke Skywalker

15233136687_ab66215bba_o.png Lord Duvors (Lord Duvors) - Cosplays a ninja turtle

15233003330_f8531971ce_o.png Xenophobic Monoxide (Xenophobic Monoxide) - Cosplays prequels Obi-Wan

15416512831_503f19d5e6_o.png mencot (mencot) - Cosplays Gandolf

15233093028_1306527280_o.png Cutcobra (Cutcobra) - Cosplays Arctic Batman

15233137017_a182d2d4fa_o.png Brickelodeon (Brickelodeon) - Cosplays gender-swapped Ghostbuster, Penny Venkman

15233003550_bf9f721d3d_o.png Richila (Richila) - Cosplays Gamorra

15233136777_c66e391f77_o.png Goliath (Goliath) - Cosplays Spider-Man

Rules (These are 95% the same as the EB standard; deviations from the normal EB rules are struck-through)

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Scum. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum, while the Scum needs to outnumber the Town. Third-party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting is mandatory. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. Failure to vote will incur a vote penalty the following game day.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached after 72 hours. After the day has been concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last 24 hours (or 48 hours if an emergency comes up). Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 20 hours of the night stage.

3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the host via PM. That includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty vote penalty per every 4 living players against you, and death on your second offense.

This is Fudged up!

I suppose we aint going to find scum on day one are we, so we should vote for.... For the most annoying person. That we we're clear to think more easily over the course of this... Horrible thing with out being annoyed.

This is Fudged up!

I suppose we aint going to find scum on day one are we, so we should vote for.... For the most annoying person. That we we're clear to think more easily over the course of this... Horrible thing with out being annoyed.

Well, based on that logic, we are done for the day since Joker already proved himself annoying in the comic above... but hey, it's possible to get lucky and get scum either lynched or vig killed day one, so don't give up hope yet there racoon!

I'd rather vote for the person who acts the scummiest than the most annoying, but maybe that's just me.

I'd rather vote for the person who acts the scummiest than the most annoying, but maybe that's just me.

I agree.

And anyway, I'm totally bummed. Now no one will want to talk about our costumes or our characters and Cyclops is so cool.

So who are you going to vote for, White Bat?

Wait, are there three Batmen?!

A very regrettable circumstance we find ourselves in!

This is Fudged up!

Voting for a scummy person would certainly be my preference, but we'll have more to draw upon even if regrettably a townie is lynched. A day one lynch is vitally important, though I'm not sure the most annoying person will particularly be a sound lynch, but rather as I stated prior, the one who acts the scummiest.

Killing the one who acts the scummiest? what, have you all been in a situation similar to this before?

[Laughs]

You are right though, I would just not know what to look for.

There are a lot of people who haven't talked yet, we can't just decide who to vote for at the start of the game.

The other two are clearly silly ones, yay for Arctic Batman!

There are a lot of people who haven't talked yet, we can't just decide who to vote for at the start of the game.

The other two are clearly silly ones, yay for Arctic Batman!

*clears throat* you do realize I'm right behind you don't you?! Why comic batman has done way more than you two will...oh never mind. We could all be dead by the end of the week, so let's just agree that I'm the best and move on.

I agree with white batman Cyclops, it might be a little early to ask people for votes. Voting isn't even allowed in the first 24 hrs.

I think we should vote for the person who is least cute and fluffy! The scum amongst us cannot be cute and fluffy if they are scheming to kill us.

Since voting isn't open yet, we might as well get to know each other. Then we can see who stands out as scummy.

So who is up for a light saber fight?

Oh, man this sucks! What would movie Batman do in a situation like this?

I think we should wait to hear what everyone has to say before killing anyone.

Movie batman would overreact because he only has 2 hours to solve the problem instead of decades like, say, comic batman who can develop character over time.

Well, if people are still hungry, I got those snacks still here... somewhere...

I'd like to hear what others have to say before casting my vote.

I agree.

And anyway, I'm totally bummed. Now no one will want to talk about our costumes or our characters and Cyclops is so cool.

I say it' be quite early in the game to be fishing!

And why might You be' interested in the bat-person's vote after only a few minutes?

This stinks, why did I even come to this party anyway?

*eats a cupcake*

Never mind, I answered my own question.

Too bad nobody invited a Sherlock Holmes enthusiast, one of those would be useful right now.

This stinks, why did I even come to this party anyway?

*eats a cupcake*

Never mind, I answered my own question.

Too bad nobody invited a Sherlock Holmes enthusiast, one of those would be useful right now.

Well the first series was amazing, the second series was amazing but the third was just pretty good so...

I would be up for such an activity, Adventurer1. I'll go easy on you since you're a jedi in training, hmm?

Cool, we are a go then. How about I go easy on you old man since I have all that skill in my genes due to my dad.

Since when does any of the Batmen listen to someone before taking action?

Since when does any of the Batmen listen to someone before taking action?

Movie batman is reasonable, unlike comic Batman or Artic Batman. Is Artic Batman even canon?

I'll just find a seat and watch you two, adventurer1 and Xenophobic Monoxide, duel each other, yes?

Well the first series was amazing, the second series was amazing but the third was just pretty good so...

My favourite character from Sherlock is Irene; she can do great things with a furry panda like me.

Well, if people are still hungry, I got those snacks still here... somewhere...

I'd like to hear what others have to say before casting my vote.

I'd accept a snack or two please