CopMike

LEGO Star Wars UCS 75060 Slave I

Hi,

I wanted to get a spare sticker set (just in case), so I ordered one at the Lego service some weeks ago, especially after reading about the bad printing quality. Well, I received not only one, but two (2) sticker sets for the Slave I. While both have the typing error, they are absolutely different. One is the same as the one in the set (although a little bit better printed), the other one has a way darker color to it and the sticker sheet is much thicker. And the color-chipping on the panel stickers is different, too - so, a wholly different sheet (has another part number, as well)

Hi,

I wanted to get a spare sticker set (just in case), so I ordered one at the Lego service some weeks ago, especially after reading about the bad printing quality. Well, I received not only one, but two (2) sticker sets for the Slave I. While both have the typing error, they are absolutely different. One is the same as the one in the set (although a little bit better printed), the other one has a way darker color to it and the sticker sheet is much thicker. And the color-chipping on the panel stickers is different, too - so, a wholly different sheet (has another part number, as well)

That's interesting. I wonder if they are "testing" the new printing run :wink: or if they are keeping to make a little mess with the sticker lol.

Seriously I though it wouldn't have been so difficult for them to correct the typo. It's rather annoying they failed the "quality control" before release ( not to so difficult to notice the typo) but at least I hope they would have been a bit quicker in fixing the problem. I think we can only hope :classic:

How do you think, if I want this set just for the shelf, is it worth buying without minifigures but at 170$ from ebay? In our country, new, il will be 250 eur.

I'm not too much into minifigures. If you can get it for 170$ without them, go ahead. If you're particularly interested in any of them, most likely you'll be able to get them for less than the >80$ difference you talk about

The only hope i have is that Lego switch from stickers to print in the UCS models.

I talking more with the support about new stickers then with my girlfriend :sceptic:.

My replacement sticker , to correct the "tracor beam" error arrived today. The replacement also says "tracor beam". Oh dear. Ive emailed to ask Lego to try again

Is Lego replacing the misspelled stickers for free?

If you email Customer Service they will. I had a Death Star manual with ~20 pages missing and they expressed shipped it to me for free. It sounds like the spelling error is still there though.

My replacement sticker , to correct the "tracor beam" error arrived today. The replacement also says "tracor beam". Oh dear. Ive emailed to ask Lego to try again

Great news!

Do you know if the new Slave I that are being produced will have the correct sticker?

I truly hope so :classic:

Great news!

Do you know if the new Slave I that are being produced will have the correct sticker?

I truly hope so :classic:

This is great news? that his replacement is still flawed? I'll continue holding off on making my request until I hear of someone receiving one spelled correctly.

Edited by GallardoLU

Hi,

Any chance you could post comparison images of the two?

This is great news? that his replacement is still flawed? I'll continue holding off on making my request until I hear of someone receiving one spelled correctly.

I thought the replacement was correct. My bad. I'm multitasking too much today lol. I swear I read it has "tractor" lol :classic:

I recieved my UCS slave 1 yesterday. This is my first Star Wars set. I Usually only build technic models but I've always loved this ship. I Stayed up late putting it together. What a beautiful model. It is much larger than I had envisioned. I'm not really into mini figs but I have to say that Boba Fett is pretty nicely done. Overall it's a very nice build and I enjoyed the building techniques. My only critique is that the side panels could have better attachments.

Has anyone added LED lighting? I'm thinking about lighting the engines and cockpit.

Id hate to receive your version of bad news !

This isnt good news

Like I said I read in hurry and I mistakenly read it had "Tractor" :wink:

I thought I explained above but it appears I'm not the only one who read things wrongly today lol :classic:

It looks like a great set. I have several UCS and my favorite is the X-wing. But, no problem, have to save money and talk to my wife before I can buy it.

Edited by lightningpaul

I was thinking of getting into the ucs series and buying this set. I can get a new set without box or the mini figs for $170 on ebay and I can get 10% ebay cash rewards(ending tonight) or buy it at my local lego store for $200 and only get 5% rewards. After factoring in all the rewards the net difference is $37. ARE the box and mini figs worth $37 in everyone's opinion?

I was thinking of getting into the ucs series and buying this set. I can get a new set without box or the mini figs for $170 on ebay and I can get 10% ebay cash rewards(ending tonight) or buy it at my local lego store for $200 and only get 5% rewards. After factoring in all the rewards the net difference is $37. ARE the box and mini figs worth $37 in everyone's opinion?

Personally I think the Minifigures are indeed worth but I'm also Minfigures collector :wink:

I'd go for the "box+ Minifigures". Given the difference it would be better to get the complete package. Not to mention the fact when you buy the "box" version you can sure there is nothing important missing and in the rare case it does you can have a replacement for free :classic:

Personally I think the Minifigures are indeed worth but I'm also Minfigures collector :wink:

I'd go for the "box+ Minifigures". Given the difference it would be better to get the complete package. Not to mention the fact when you buy the "box" version you can sure there is nothing important missing and in the rare case it does you can have a replacement for free :classic:

Ya I was leaning towards buying the full set as the $37 really does not makeep that much of a difference. I am also thinking of building anios venator.

See? We DO care ... :)

75060NewSticker.png

Replacement sticker sheets were sent out to consumer service earlier last week, they should have them by now. Just don't all call at once, ok?

all call at once, ok?

careful with wording, my quote of you is your words after all! :) also sweet, will be calling soon though!

I purchased the new UCS Slave I last night from the Lego store in Cincinnati, Ohio. I opened the box this evening and the specification sticker had the word 'tractor' spelled correctly! The windshield was also in very good to excellent condition despite being loose in the box. Now it is time to start building this A+ set!!

I called the Lego customer service yesterday. Eventhough the guy was not aware of a replacement sticker sheet available for the Slave 1, he checked and finally confirmed they had it.

I should get it sometime next week!