CopMike

LEGO Star Wars UCS 75060 Slave I

I think it's fairly conceivable that the wings would rotate independent of the cockpit for atmospheric maneuvering ;) I don't understand the fuss about the non-linkage.

Edited by Schneeds

Mine has finally arrived, and it's been well worth the wait. The box is slightly smaller than I'd expected, but it feels hefty and well worth the RRP. The artwork is a thing of true beauty, I cannot fault it :wub: :wub: :wub:

15743399493_33c130dfd2_z.jpg

I think it's fairly conceivable that the wings would rotate independent of the cockpit for atmospheric maneuvering ;) I don't understand the fuss about the non-linkage.

I agree its nice from a display point of view (like I said, I don't care too much about it anyway...) but the rotating cockpit was always a key play feature with every Slave 1 from Kenner/Hasbro so I think some people (like myself) compare the Lego version to one of those ships.

I've just finished mine and I'm really quite impressed by it.

It's a fun 5-6 hour build; it uses some interesting techniques and isn't too repetitive. There's also a massive variety of parts and colours; I can't see many people attempting to Bricklink this in a few years! It's bigger than I'd expected and looks really impressive mounted on the stand. I really like the new Bespin Guard, he's my favourite of the set. It's not perfect though, there's quite a few large gaps, and the side panels are only fixed at the top which is a bit of a shame. The instructions are set on a very dark (grey) background, which I found quite tiring to keep looking at. Also, the canopy has a couple of nasty scratches on it, so I'm hoping TLG will replace it.

Despite the issues, it's one of the best UCS sets that I've built and totally worth the full RRP in my opinion :classic:

If I do any MOD to mine at all, it would be to try and add a connection point at the bottom if the sides. I wonder if I could try Mixel joints...

(I don't have any, no clue what's special about them except everyone seems to love them. :wink: )

If I do any MOD to mine at all, it would be to try and add a connection point at the bottom if the sides. I wonder if I could try Mixel joints...

(I don't have any, no clue what's special about them except everyone seems to love them. :wink: )

Mixel joints are small ball joints, and yes they worked great for me. i attached the bottom of the side near the Green wing cowls and the side plates no longer wobble around. i also opened it up to close off any gaps that i could see through canopy. (though this does make getting small parts that i knocked into the ship much harder to get out (a minor and rare occurrence)

mixel parts i used:

6043656.jpg6039479.jpg

Mixel joints are small ball joints, and yes they worked great for me. i attached the bottom of the side near the Green wing cowls and the side plates no longer wobble around. i also opened it up to close off any gaps that i could see through canopy. (though this does make getting small parts that i knocked into the ship much harder to get out (a minor and rare occurrence)

mixel parts i used:

If I'm not mistaken they are the same used in 31032 Red Creatures as well. I built the dragon and they are very nice as "joints", so I think they can be useful for purposes you mentioned. Great idea :classic:

mixel parts i used:

<snip>

Could we trouble you for a picture of the attachment point/technique you used :)

Edited by MKJoshA
Please don't quote pictures

Could we trouble you for a picture of the attachment point/technique you used :)

sure, i'll try and have some pics posted tonight for ya.

TLG have finally come back to me to advise they are aware of the problems with the sticker sheet, and they will send me a new one as soon as they can. They dont yet have a date though? Strange as someone in another country has already had their replacement.....

Edited by AndyRiley8

TLG have finally come back to me to advise they are aware of the problems with the sticker sheet, and they will send me a new one as soon as they can. They dont yet have a date though? Strange as someone in another country has already had their replacement.....

That's very interesting. I didn't know someone already got a replacement. Anyway I hope they will send replacements soon and that the new production runs will have the correct sticker :classic:

ok, mod pictures as promised!

First i made this little assembly, the 2x4 slope is from your existing ramp, the 1x10 plate runs under it to add support for the ball joints later.

16190661877_dc24d06c97_n.jpgcross brace by kayjeb, on Flickr

(slightly out of focus) the cross brace assembly is placed in the ship using the 2x4 slope to position it

15754108684_87b80058bb_n.jpgbrace installed by kayjeb, on Flickr

The left side plate and a small stack up plates to mount the Mixel Ball Joints (leave the joints connected it will save a headache later)

16189163890_4ee7fe5b4a_n.jpgside plate and assemebly by kayjeb, on Flickr

ball joints added to side plate (mirror this process for the Right side)

16190321049_bb3b0ec848_n.jpgside plate asembled by kayjeb, on Flickr

connect the ball joint plate to the base on the raised section from the cross brace, and then reconnect the top Black tecnic hing.

16188913508_35d47ebb3a_n.jpgmounted left side by kayjeb, on Flickr

and as you can see it aligns its self right back in place, go ahead and rebuild the left side to finish the mod, and repeat for the right side.

16375653742_121435a691_n.jpgafter mod alignment by kayjeb, on Flickr

simple little mod but no longer do i have annoying rattling side panels :grin:

*Edited for typos*

Edited by GallardoLU

Nice. I'll have to do this. That side panel instability was the only let down in an otherwise very stable build.

Spelling error or print error?

My complaint is about the print quality rather than the spelling mistake. It will be interesting to see if they correct the spelling mistake when they send me a replacement...

Seems they are aware of the quality of the print, but I've not heard if they are aware of the typo yet (or at least there is no acknowledgement of it yet)

Seems they are aware of the quality of the print, but I've not heard if they are aware of the typo yet (or at least there is no acknowledgement of it yet)

I thought it wouldn't be so difficult for TLG to be "aware" of it. I mean all they have to do is to look at the sticker and awareness would come on its own :wink:

Being able to fix the problem soon it's another story, though but I hope they were at least "aware" of that problem :classic:

Ok mailed Lego a week ago about the speling mistake in the plaque sticker, and they said they would send me a new one....well......received a new sticker sheet today and its the one with the spelling mistake......

Ok mailed Lego a week ago about the speling mistake in the plaque sticker, and they said they would send me a new one....well......received a new sticker sheet today and its the one with the spelling mistake......

So I think they are waiting the current sticker stock to run out before printing the correct one. A bit annoying but let's hope in a quick solution of this issue :classic:

Received my replacement stickersheet today, its printed perfectly but it's still the one with the spelling error...

I ordered a new sticker this morning at TLG. The guy told me he was compelled to ship the sticker (1 page) WITH the instruction (300 pages !), because both items are registred with the same ref.

Did anyone experience the same "problem" when ordering 75060 sticker ?

I mean... they will probably ship something worth 20€, while I just need a 1 or 2€ sticker... Oo

Did anyone experience the same "problem" when ordering 75060 sticker ?

I mean... they will probably ship something worth 20€, while I just need a 1 or 2€ sticker... Oo

I mailed TLG about 1 week ago and got no answer. I have called this morning to the freephone for Spain: 2 operators (mobile and landline) say it doesn't exist.

Tried from work SIP phone and got rerouted from Spain to DK then to the UK. The agent was surprised to receive a call in Spanish, haha.

But going to the point, the agent spent about 5 mins looking for the reference. He told me he couldn't find just the stickers (they were bundled with the instructions). But he spent some more time looking and found the internal reference. It wasn't easy to find apparently

How do you think, if I want this set just for the shelf, is it worth buying without minifigures but at 170$ from ebay? In our country, new, il will be 250 eur.