CopMike

LEGO Star Wars UCS 75060 Slave I

Finished mine yesterday!

What a fantastic build of this iconic ship. I couldn't stop so I rushed through it in about 4.5 hours... 13 Bags each with surprisingly few but interesting parts. My sticker was printed all right, but with the spelling error of course. Canopy was flawless even its floating inside the box without protection.

Hello, I'm relative new here, but I love certain Star Wars ships, and Slave 1 is one of them. I ordered mine on Jan 13, and it was backordered. Do any of you know how quickly backorders get fulfilled?

Thanks,

Jamil

It varies widely depending on demand, and how many people got back-ordered in front of you in your country or region. The US website says 30 days...

I haven't made the stand yet, but looking at the instructions, it looks like a quick swap between the hinges and the grille pieces would make it the other way if you'd prefer it on the side.

The point i was trying to make was that the "front-version" is clearly inferior, since the plague is barely visible :grin:

The point i was trying to make was that the "front-version" is clearly inferior, since the plague is barely visible :grin:

speaking of stand mods, I added a small platform just in front of the plaque to stand the Stormtrooper and Cloud city guard on (Boba is of course flying the ship, while Han hides in the cargo hold)

I have question for everyone who has the set :classic:

How are the ship's interior details? Most of the photos I saw focus on the exterior but I'm very curious about the interior (the cockpit, for example) also are there details in "cargo bay" or is it just an opening door?

Thank you very much :classic:

Actually, no details to the cargo hold, just the clip to hold the carbonite block and the nicely opening door...

the cockpit on the other hand is imho vey detailed, lots of consoles, rods, grilles, weapon holders, a nicely done pilots seat for Boba... But as you can see everthing through this gigantic canopy, it is almost a given to put in some more details there...

the interior is mostly technic structure, the "Cargo bay" is an area behind the door that the carbonite block fits in while its connected to the door. the cockpit is fairly detailed, but due to the rotating feature there is a large amount of space around it to see further in. and what you can see is just internal structure and not really interesting. also at certain angles you can see clear through the back (where they left a trap door to get loos pieces out should any fall into the interior). The Brickset review has assembly pictures that will help you get an idea of what I'm talking about. http://brickset.com/article/13331/review-75060-slave-1

the interior is mostly technic structure, the "Cargo bay" is an area behind the door that the carbonite block fits in while its connected to the door. the cockpit is fairly detailed, but due to the rotating feature there is a large amount of space around it to see further in. and what you can see is just internal structure and not really interesting. also at certain angles you can see clear through the back (where they left a trap door to get loos pieces out should any fall into the interior). The Brickset review has assembly pictures that will help you get an idea of what I'm talking about. http://brickset.com/...w-75060-slave-1

Thanks you very much, both for your info and the link :classic:

Am I being weird? I was looking at this one yesterday and thinking that they seem to be getting a little too close to model quality with these? And the finished product is looking less and less recognizable as Lego.

It varies widely depending on demand, and how many people got back-ordered in front of you in your country or region. The US website says 30 days...

Thanks Rollermonkey, I'll try to occupy myself with other things. :-)

So, my replacement sticker arrived today (in a stiff, carton-backed envelope by the way). The printing is perfect on this one but as half suspected, the spelling error has not been corrected yet.

Still, I'm happy I can finally complete my Slave I.

Am I being weird? I was looking at this one yesterday and thinking that they seem to be getting a little too close to model quality with these? And the finished product is looking less and less recognizable as Lego.

being weird? no, everyone has their own idea of what Lego sets should look like, some like them to be just blocky enough to be recognizably Lego. then there are others that like things to look so perfect you can hardly tell the difference at a glance. Many MOCers strive for the latter, and I get the feeling Lego is working towards that more and more in high end sets.

I have question for everyone who has the set :classic:

How are the ship's interior details? Most of the photos I saw focus on the exterior but I'm very curious about the interior (the cockpit, for example) also are there details in "cargo bay" or is it just an opening door?

Thank you very much :classic:

I added some detailing to mine but I think the stock cockpit is excellent.

I added some detailing to mine but I think the stock cockpit is excellent.

Very interesting and thanks for the info :classic:

What details did you add to yours? :classic:

I raised the side controls and changed the angle of the them. I also added a double-handle steering mechanism and added some pieces behind the cockpit to make it look more like an access entryway.

I raised the side controls and changed the angle of the them. I also added a double-handle steering mechanism and added some pieces behind the cockpit to make it look more like an access entryway.

It sounds a very nice mod. If you have the chance you could post some pic. I'm sure it will be a success :classic:

Mine has been finally shipped today, I can't wait to build it! :excited:

Mine has been finally shipped today, I can't wait to build it! :excited:

Did you order it after it had sold out on the website. As i did so any news of people getting it before the quoted ship date stated on the website is great.

I ordered mine on the 5th Jan, and at that time the UK website was showing that the 'due back in stock' was 23rd, so they seem to be on schedule. Interestingly, when I spoke to a very helpful CS rep a couple of days ago they said that the estimated dates were based on the sales data for the previous 4 years, so it should be fairly reliable :classic:

Received my Slave I 2 days ago. Waited till Saturday to enjoy a slow build while watching TV or listening to music...

So I open the box and..... HALF OF THE STICKERS ARE GONE. Weird!

Most of the stickers in the sheet are missing. I checked the bag and the box and it's not been manipulated. I used a couple of stickers and then I checked the sheet trying to see the reflection of light on it. You can see where I removed the stickers (smoother surfaces) and the rest of the sheet where there was never a sticker to begin with :-(

I'm very disappointed I couldn't finish the model today completely. I have emailed the Lego service and I'm sure they will send a replacement, but after a 1 week wait (it was out of stick) and 2 weeks more for delivery (I have no idea why the postal service in Spain kept it for >1 week in their offices O_o!?!?) I have to wait yet ~2 more weeks for the stickers :-/

I finished build my Slaver 1 a few days ago. I really do like this model, however there is one detail i think they could have added very easily. Boba Fetts seat could have rotated with the engine pods. In fact looking inside the model it was such an easy thing to do. I made the mod in 10 minutes with 8 pieces of technic lego and it works very well.

Nice... Care to post some pictures of your mod?

As mine just sits on the stand in the living room, I don't fret too much about it... But I agree it should have been adressed by TLG in the first place...

Boba Fetts seat could have rotated with the engine pods. In fact looking inside the model it was such an easy thing to do. I made the mod in 10 minutes with 8 pieces of technic lego and it works very well.

Could you post some pictures. I'm curious to know how you did it :-)

Cheers,

Gololo