CopMike

LEGO Star Wars UCS 75060 Slave I

Actually I had to bricklink most of them. I found every photo of the model that I could and made a list of what pieces I needed.

Well, that's even more impressive :classic:

How did you find the "rounded unique pieces"? As far as I know, I can be wrong of course , those come only with the Slave I. Or perhaps they are exclusive to Slave I only in the "green color". I can't remember it right now :wink:

Anyway, congratulations again. It's a very impressive work :classic:

Well, that's even more impressive :classic:

How did you find the "rounded unique pieces"? As far as I know, I can be wrong of course , those come only with the Slave I. Or perhaps they are exclusive to Slave I only in the "green color". I can't remember it right now :wink:

Anyway, congratulations again. It's a very impressive work :classic:

Thanks! And which round unique pieces are you speaking of?

Thanks! And which round unique pieces are you speaking of?

I can't recall the name, those near the "wings" of the starship. I think one of them is this one

I rarely saw it in the size used in the Slave I but I may be wrong :classic:

Actually I had to bricklink most of them. I found every photo of the model that I could and made a list of what pieces I needed.

Do you plan on modifying the cockpit to make it seat two as in the movie? ;)

I can't recall the name, those near the "wings" of the starship. I think one of them is this one

I rarely saw it in the size used in the Slave I but I may be wrong :classic:

They've actually appeared in multiple sets since they debuted in the 8097 Slave I. You can see a list of available colors here. :)

They've actually appeared in multiple sets since they debuted in the 8097 Slave I. You can see a list of available colors here. :)

Thank you :classic:

Like I said I was not sure about it :wink: It appears in dark green it's a Slave I exclusive though, so the source I remembered of was half right. I have been away from the hobby for a quite long period, so I miss several info. Thanks again for the link :classic:

Thank you :classic:

Like I said I was not sure about it :wink: It appears in dark green it's a Slave I exclusive though, so the source I remembered of was half right. I have been away from the hobby for a quite long period, so I miss several info. Thanks again for the link :classic:

I just wish we had the piece in Dark Blue. :sadnew:

Well, perhaps one day they will release it in dark blue. They introduced several new pieces and pieces in previously unavailable colors during the years, so there is hope :classic:

not bad with the price range, the slopes on the back don't bother me at all, theres a lot of stuff here that can be used for mocing. But still, i really like this set and might pick it up.

I also wish there was dark blue. There are a few other pieces when building the Jango version that are inaccurate. I would also love some 1x4 slopes in dark blue and in bley.

I also wish there was dark blue. There are a few other pieces when building the Jango version that are inaccurate. I would also love some 1x4 slopes in dark blue and in bley.

You still did a great job, even with "inaccurate colors" your Slave I is truly impressive :classic:

Mine finally arrived yesterday. It's truly impressive and a very enjoyable build.

Only downside for me is that the large information sticker is badly printed. The blue colouring and the black background of the ship "bleeds" through the text making it almost illegible. Has anyone else seen this on theirs?

Anyway, I've written to customer service about it, hopefully they can send me a replacement.

I don't remember whether someone's already posted a comparison picture of the two latest incarnations of Boba's signature vessel, so here you go just in case:

16220646336_16dfabe1c9_c.jpg

The new one is simply a thing of beauty, the old one looks like a mere toy in comparison... wait a minute :grin:

Thanks Lego-Freak, it's interesting to see the size difference :thumbup: Mine is still on back-order, and I'm getting very impatient about it... Ironically I received a email from TLG yesterday suggesting that I should buy one, quite an odd approach when it's currently showing as 'Out of stock, will ship within 30 days' on the website :hmpf_bad:

I don't remember whether someone's already posted a comparison picture of the two latest incarnations of Boba's signature vessel, so here you go just in case:

*snip*

The new one is simply a thing of beauty, the old one looks like a mere toy in comparison... wait a minute :grin:

the comparison thread has a picture of every (Boba) Slave I lined up together. its pretty cool to see (and one i hope to duplicate soon, only missing 7144)

I just opened mine and started building... Is it just my copy, or is the color reproduction in this instruction particularly awful? I was trying to figure out where the dark bley 6x8 frames were when I flipped ahead and realized that they were the light bley ones I'd passed over three times I needed.

I blame the choice of a dark grey background throughout the book.

Edited by rollermonkey

I managed to come up with a simple fix for the wobbly side panels, but it's very awkward to attach, is anyone interested?

Yeah the instruction manual color was way way off. Kind of disappointing considering this was my first UCS set. Although I am NOT disappointed with the model.

Good flouresent lighting is your friend in these casses of poor color reproduction. I have not laid hands on this yet but the dark grey background as RM noted cannot help matters...

Mine finally arrived yesterday. It's truly impressive and a very enjoyable build.

Only downside for me is that the large information sticker is badly printed. The blue colouring and the black background of the ship "bleeds" through the text making it almost illegible. Has anyone else seen this on theirs?

Anyway, I've written to customer service about it, hopefully they can send me a replacement.

Mine is exactly the same! I too have written to Lego customer services and heard nothing back in over a week now. This is my first UCS and although the model is brilliant, I won't be using that terrible sticker!

Mine is exactly the same! I too have written to Lego customer services and heard nothing back in over a week now. This is my first UCS and although the model is brilliant, I won't be using that terrible sticker!

I'd suggest to call them. In my experience I noticed they tend to deal with such matters quickly via telephone than email. It may seem strange in the 21st century, I know :classic:

Just give it a try and call the Customer service. I always talked with very polite persons every time I did. At least you can hear something about that matter.

Just my suggestion :classic:

Totally managed to slip in and order the UCS Slave I when it was temporarily in stock this evening. I'm glad, too; it's already OOS again. :P