CopMike

LEGO Star Wars UCS 75060 Slave I

I have to spread out my builds.... Can't do them all at once, or I'll have nothing to do for a month. I was so tempted to grab this one today.

:)

I've just ordered my Slave 1, but it's back-ordered until the 23rd January :hmpf_bad: I guess that was inevitable, but I couldn't resist the double VIP points.

One thing to note is that when I submitted the order the extra points weren't showing; I called Customer Services and they've assured me that they will be honoured, but it may need a manual adjustment.

I think I'll wait a moment with Slave I. I just finished the Snowspeeder MOC and don't really have enough $$ for two big models in a month :\

I've just ordered my Slave 1, but it's back-ordered until the 23rd January :hmpf_bad: I guess that was inevitable, but I couldn't resist the double VIP points.

One thing to note is that when I submitted the order the extra points weren't showing; I called Customer Services and they've assured me that they will be honoured, but it may need a manual adjustment.

Cant find any mention of double VIP points, how do you know there are suppose to be double VIP points?.

As far as I understand it, the double VIP offer is limited to anyone who made a purchase during one of the 'Brick Friday' weekends, and it's only running today. I've had a couple of emails from TLG about it, perhaps it's limited to the UK?

I popped into the Liverpool store today to pick up some stuff to take advantage of the double points.

They'd sold out of the Slave 1 in store which is what I was expecting so I'm glad I picked it up last Thursday.

Points went straight on so I hope you get your account adjusted. It's not your fault they misjudged the popularity!

I popped into the Liverpool store today to pick up some stuff to take advantage of the double points.

They'd sold out of the Slave 1 in store which is what I was expecting so I'm glad I picked it up last Thursday.

Points went straight on so I hope you get your account adjusted. It's not your fault they misjudged the popularity!

Eh, EVERY new set tends to sell out online for the first week or two. Not surprised. I still plan on picking up this set but I'll probably wait until a VIP offer, they'll probably do quite a few more production runs.

Eh, EVERY new set tends to sell out online for the first week or two. Not surprised. I still plan on picking up this set but I'll probably wait until a VIP offer, they'll probably do quite a few more production runs.

Agreed. This is a very popular set, and I am sure those of us that are waiting can get a copy.

i measure mine at 17.5 inches tall, and 15 inches wide (wing to wing)

Crap! :sceptic:

I'm going to have storage issues... The darn thing won't fit on any of my current SW shelves :look:.

In "landing mode", how tall is it?

Crap! :sceptic:

I'm going to have storage issues... The darn thing won't fit on any of my current SW shelves :look:.

In "landing mode", how tall is it?

it measures a bit over 7 inches tall (18cm) in "guns down" (parallel to ground when landed)

After building the Slave 1, I can no longer feel the Sandcrawler should be a $300 set. The Slave 1 is heavier and the instruction book is thicker. I don't know where those extra 1000pcs are.

It felt like there were 1000 parts in those caterpillar tracks

Agreed. This is a very popular set, and I am sure those of us that are waiting can get a copy.

I agree too. I was expecting to get "out of stock" quickly. I noticed even AT-PD, prototype Advanced Tie and two Battle Packs (Geonosis Troopers and Senate Commando).

Personally I would have bet the Stormtrooper BP would have sold quickly as well.

Anyway I'm not complaining :wink: I waited until today (due to that double VIP points offer) and I'm glad I had my 5 Imperial Transport packs to order :classic:

it measures a bit over 7 inches tall (18cm) in "guns down" (parallel to ground when landed)

Thanx for the info!

Well, I'm good height-wise, but totally screwed in terms of wideness :cry_sad:. Darn, I don't know where I'm gonna fit that monster :look:!

I cannot find any mention about double vip points offer in USA. The only offer I found was January 1 to 31 for the darth vader minifigure clock.

I started building this impressive set last night and after just an hour its already a fun and very clever build.

Quick question.... Does anyone know if TLG corrected the spelling mistake on the plaque sticker? Mine still says 'Tracor'.

Mine says Tracor and I must say the print isn't that great where the white text overlaps the blue image of the Slave One.

The text trapping on the artwork is pretty bad.

Impressive set... but I have so many old "Slaves" already...

funny how people collect things, I'm looking for 7144, 6209, and the mini model 6964 to complete my collection of Slave I's

Mine says Tracor and I must say the print isn't that great where the white text overlaps the blue image of the Slave One.

The text trapping on the artwork is pretty bad.

Mine too! This is my first UCS set and although I am really impressed with the model, minifigures, the box and the instructions booklet, the amount of stickers and quality of the print on the info plaque is really poor for something with the UCS badge.

I cannot find any mention about double vip points offer in USA. The only offer I found was January 1 to 31 for the darth vader minifigure clock.

I got an email from Lego saying the wanted to thank me for have ordered from their site during November 22nd promotion and offered double VIP points on 5th January.

Lego costumer service always confirmed this. I don't know it applies to USA too, though. In any case to be eligible you must have purchased on Lego shop (either on site or by phone) or Lego stores on November 22nd :classic:

Guys, today I saw this Lego Slave completed in the shop window, it looked more to me like new Black & Decker grinder machine than SW flying craft. Or may be I am not the real SW fan :) m.

I wrote a review of the set here if anyone considering buying it would like to read. It's definitely a great set that is a testament to how awesome LEGO works as a display piece. :)