CopMike

LEGO Star Wars UCS 75060 Slave I

It looks nice - but I've given up on TLG every working out what minifig scale is for Star Wars sets with any degree of consistency or accuracy.

This will look fantastic on my computer desk. It's just such a good looking set. Definitely keen as a bean to get my hands on it!!

Looks real pretty. Also not big on the blue engines but it'll look real nice sitting next to my UCS Falcon.

Very nice!

Lego seem to be great with their small and big sets, I wish they put a bit more effort in their medium sized ones :blush:

Amazing but is such a shame thats no longer coming this year. Never the less the pricing is ace, it costs the same as the red 5 but with 450 more pieces. Also several exclusive pieces and 4 minifigures. Fantastic.

This is everything i hoped for and more.

I love that it's in Minifig scale. Like the sandcrawler before, i think it adds tremendously to the sets in that the are actual toys worthy of displaying, instead of "just" sculptures.

God, i hope it will be available to VIPs before Xmas, that would be the icing on the cake. :wub: :wub: :wub:

... Better start moc'ing a cloud city landing platform.

My only complaint is how bad the wings are to rotating with gravitational pull. Looks like they'd have to be manually posed. You see this when they guy lifts the slave you to show you the trao door. All other times the video seems to have been edited to hide the fact that the wings don't rotate well.

Edited by Something_Awesome

<snip>

My only complaint is how bad the wings are to rotating with gravitational pull. Looks like they'd have to be manually posed. You see this when they guy lifts the slave you to show you the trao door. All other times the video seems to have been edited to hide the fact that the wings don't rotate well.

I actually got to see this in person at BrickCon this weekend, and asked about the wings. The wings apparently have a counter-weight and move automatically as you switch from landing to flight mode. I didn't get to see the wing motion from super-close up, but they seemed to work well. He did say that the pilot's area needs to be manually rotated.

Is the Slave 1 a 3 or 4 seats spaceship in the film? I'm really curious about that after seeing pictures like this one :

Slave%20I%20Cutaway.jpg

^Jango s is a 5 seater and bobas a 3 setaer...

Here are 2 other video from the new ship

[/url]

I personal don’t get it why every body is so hyped about it! I myself was waiting so long for the UCS slave I but now I am disappointed in what we will get in January.

I seriously doubt a lot of design choices the Lego designer hit, a lot on this ship is just so wrong and could be fixed easy by ex. just change the color!!

On the video you can see from the cockpit trough the hole ship outside the back engines...

and the cockpit itself don’t looks like it can rotate fully 90°?!

an the biggest problem for me is the green “should” with should cover the wing arm things. First it looks strange not very round and 2sec the big design mistake:

it is not open!!! the wing fixation sit right on the shoulder and not in it as it should! This looks very strange to me and destroy the idea of the hole wing rotation idea...

I guest the Designer had a lot of trouble designing this ship with may explain the January delay.

Looking at the offal video, there also went a few thing wrong with never happen before in one of those presentation videos:

-no minifigures shown in live form ??WTF no explaining on Boba’s arm print...

- 2times a horrible fast cut with make absolute no sense when you look at the images shown, thy cut in some shot with was not meant for what he is talking about,

this becomes very clear in the 2:21 minute (ca: 20-22) were you hear im speak but his mouth is close,

lol baaad film editing or storyboard or some thing else was going very wrong in the production/ post production,

and please don’t tell me it is normal to cut shots together this badly.

But I have to say I am impressed by the scale and structural stability of this UCS!

Edited by LoRd AmUnRa

Man I so much agree with you on this wing issue :/ For me it pretty much ruins the whole design and it's really sad because the rest of the ship looks fantastic. I wonder how the designer who creates such a wonderful shape can make errors like this. They could have made a new part if necessary since they are easy to create new windscreen.

I personnaly think there is too much work on the rear rather than the inside of the ship, still gonna buy it and modify some stuff :) Just hope that the technic parts don't take too much space inside...

Big surprise! People clamor for months on end (or years) for a UCS Slave i, and when it's finally revealed, it isn't good enough for some people.

It's no wonder why TLG doesn't give fans what they want. Even when they do, they can't win with some people. If you don't like it, don't buy it and MOC your own if you're such an amazing designer, and furthermore, quit asking for anything, just make it yourself, every time.

/rant

I love it! i will definitely be buying this set! Really disappointed that I will have to wait until January though :angry:

Big surprise! People clamor for months on end (or years) for a UCS Slave i, and when it's finally revealed, it isn't good enough for some people.

It's no wonder why TLG doesn't give fans what they want. Even when they do, they can't win with some people. If you don't like it, don't buy it and MOC your own if you're such an amazing designer, and furthermore, quit asking for anything, just make it yourself, every time.

/rant

What you say is pretty utopian. Most people having some points to complain in this thread (including me) don't say that the model is bad. In contrary, most of them say its excellent except some certain points. Like for me, 75% of this model truly amazed me. However, these wing mechanizm bonnets are big disapointment for me and it literarly ruins the overal impression from this, otherwise wonderful, model. Thats it and I don't think there's something wrong neither on having such an oppinion, nor on sharing it. Thats what the discussion forum is for. I'm sorry if that bothers you so much but constructive critisism is also good feedback for designers. If only fanatic admirers speak, theres no feedback at all.

Kris

^Jango s is a 5 seater and bobas a 3 setaer...

Here are 2 other video from the new ship

video1

video2

Thanks for these, looks good, really good.

Ofcourse the model has it faults, everything this big would have it. I don´t see why the wings are of so big disapointment, maybe when I own it and have built it, I will see it.

It is nice to see Lego desginers included some good looking details in the cockpit, hmm doesn´t seem that the lower co cockpit is there. Hmm could it be modded to iclude the 2 seats under neat or does the rotation mechanism make it impossible, have to try it out when I buy this.

Edited by Mencot

/rant

This is the UCS Slave 1 thread, why does it bother you if we don't like something about the ship?

If you're a kid playing with the set and "swooshing" it around, do you not have a legitemate gripe and the fact that the wings do not rotate via gravity the way they did with 8097? When I first built the 8097, that was the first thing that impressed me. No matter how I oriented the ship, the wings never changed their orientation.

I have no problems with people pointing out something sucks about something I planned to buy, especially if it was something I did not notice at first.

The wings are not an issue for me, but it will be for those who drop the cash and have the expectation of the wings being as responsive as the 8097 set. Afterall, it's a UCS, why shouldn't a consumer expect it? The system scale set already set the expectation/standard.

why the wings should rotate via gravity anyway? I mean, this is an UCS set (although you can play with it) but the main purpose of this is to display this thing on a shelve

Edited by irispen

For me the wings on itself are ok, but just ok, the rotation thing is not a problem for me!

On ly the wing attachment to the green should things with is totally false compared to the original thing and yes this bother me because UCS should not have a issue when even the normal system scale set is doing it right.... for me this is a clear fail! And Yes this bother me sorry but I like my hobby and I prefer to buy a UCS with got at least the structural detail right same goes for e.x. The X wing without hexagonal fuselage or the to small engines intakes.

I mean the orange part

fichtenfoo-slave1-22.jpg

And we are here in a forum to discuss such topic if you don’t like this fact , just leave or give us some constructive criticism about the set not about the buyers....

The wings DO rotate with gravity exactly as they do with 8097. Just watch the second video posted above.

The issue seems to be a visual one that the support beams for the wings seem to attach to the dark green side canopies rather than be covered by them.

It's probably something that I may try to modify myself but it doesn't affect the functionality of the mechanism.

The interior may have been sacrificed to keep the stability of the ship high. It's an odd shaped vessel and the ability to pick it up from all areas/angles is impressive.

I think some peoples frustrations with criticism is an apparent focusing on an element of the design that seems to dismiss the set as a whole. Getting the set in the first place is hard enough and so much of the build is excellent. I think some people can be too quick to criticise the Lego designers but 99% of us don't need to create a build that has part / financial limitations that also has to take some of the stability issues into account. For one reason or another they make the decisions they do. The beauty of Lego is that we can all make small changes where we feel them necessary.

Some of the mods I've seen on 10179 MF greatly improve it in my opinion but there's no reason to believe that the original retail set was somehow poorly done or flawed in any way. It's just that even the largest of sets can have limitations imposed for various reasons.