Hello builders :)

one year ago i bought the 41999 set for the dark blue parts wondering how i could use them in a moc...

well this is what i came up with!

A Suzuki Samurai :)

ilzqx4.jpg

Features:

- 4x4

- H/L ratio gearbox

- Power functions

- Live axles

- Openable doors and hood

Even if it might not seem so, building this model has been really challenging, mainly because of parts aviability....i had to find the right scale to have the same proportions adeguate for the parts i had...

another painful part has been fitting 2 l motors, suspensions, 2g gearbox, servo, battery in the chassis, in a way, that the interiors resulted clean.

It weighs 878g, so two L motors are more than enough to provide enough torque for the low ratio and a reasonable speed for the high one.

Actually i think i might gear everything down a bit for the only reason that the low ratio is still too fast when aproaching obstacles.

The model has a lot of ground clearance, it only suffers for the lack of differentials but they couldn't fit in the axles.

Tomorrow is sunday, i'll go out and shoot a video of it and of the stratos as well :D

stay tuned!

I hope you'll like it :)

2qnz1gp.jpg

11iid82.jpg

289ye4j.jpg

5luslk.jpg

o6h7o3.jpg

2vxpu1f.jpg

That is quite small indeed! It will be interesting as to how you fit all of the 'stuff' in there

Nice to see you found the use of the 41999 parts. Awesome looking and quite realistical small little model. How did you build the steering?

Really nice work! I love how you put all features in a small set like this.

I prefer the front without the grill.

EPIC! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

thank you guys :)

the steering system is aproximatively this one

8xouiu.jpg

This is great! I might see if I have the parts to build... but in a different colour ofc :classic:

yeah you surely have all the parts you need for it....i've made it as simple as possible...

ill take some pictures once i dismount it :)

Looks good!

I must be the only one who doesn't have a copy of 41999, heh. So envious of all those purty Dark Blue parts.

Looks good!

I must be the only one who doesn't have a copy of 41999, heh. So envious of all those purty Dark Blue parts.

No, you are not :(

Good idea for steering.

Edited by PROlego

Great looking car for being simplistic. I too loved building with that color, its quite stunning.

tim

Lego should produce your MOCs, I think people will buy this a lot. Did you made instructions for any of your models? (I think you said you had a sponsor and they were going to sell your istructions?).

nice to hear that man :P

yeah instructions for the vitara are ready---the problem is that the guys from the shop are renewing their website and it's taking ages...ill post something when they'll be finally aviable :)

Lovely model, in lack of dark blue pieces I think it'd look good in pretty much any color, I'd try in red :)

Cool Samurai!

If the steering system as in your picture, dont you think it is too weak?

Cool Samurai!

If the steering system as in your picture, dont you think it is too weak?

absolutely :P

it's stronger than it seems